PDA

View Full Version : I am unlikely to have a subgroup of DF13!

Tolan
08-15-2019, 11:10 AM
I just ordered the Big Y. (batch 993! )

And I feel that I spent $349 for nothing ..

With the big tree of Alex Williamson, https://www.ytree.net/ , I made a small table in percentage:

In red, which I am already negative.

Also, I am part of 0.18% DF13 or, if I'm lucky, of 0.31% of others, which I haven't tested these markers ...

There is little chance of being DF13 *, but I think I will be ...

rms2
08-15-2019, 05:30 PM
Let's see. However things turn out, it should be interesting.

glentane
08-18-2019, 12:13 AM
Now then, now then.
"We" (old mediaeval English kin) had already started dividing by the early Colonial period (certainly before, but unless they'd been back and forth across the all of the Great Green Deep, who could prove it?)
I'm a strange spindly twig of DF13. Been coming on since my first tests over a decade ago. Just gets more and more rareified, every test.
Nobody likes us, and we don't care.
If they were even rational, it's DF13*, a very, very tight family thing.
I have at least two (2) mediaeval parallel branches in England (with difference in arms, and a tiny, tiny difference by STRs, most of whom are loyal Americans).
We do know each other. Always have done. Next?
Get back to your paper trails, if possible. Stop wasting money on the genetic shysters.

rms2
08-18-2019, 01:36 AM

And I feel that I spent $349 for nothing ..

With the big tree of Alex Williamson, https://www.ytree.net/ , I made a small table in percentage:

In red, which I am already negative.

Also, I am part of 0.18% DF13 or, if I'm lucky, of 0.31% of others, which I haven't tested these markers ...

There is little chance of being DF13 *, but I think I will be ...

Well, if you're in Batch 993, your results should be coming in at about the same time as the Second Coming.

That's when everything will be revealed, so no worries.

RobertCasey
08-18-2019, 05:25 AM

Also, I am part of 0.18% DF13 (for very small branches) or, if I'm lucky, of 0.31% (DF13 and negative for all downstream YSNPs) of others, which I haven't tested these markers ...

So you have 16/24 chance of matching one of the smaller branches - 66 % odds. But you still have a 33 % chance of matching the DF13** testers. However. there is still a reasonable
chance of matching some private YSNPs of the DF13** testers - creating a another new smaller branch (the odds are around 66 % that you will since 16 testers have done this in
the past). These are pretty high odds.

But in any case - you will belong to a very very small branch (non-prolific or less likely not well tested haplogroup). On the bright side, this is a great test for weeding out lines that are not related OR eliminates well
over 99 % of DF13 testers. Hope that your line is not well tested vs. barely survived until today (that you match one of the existing smaller branches or create a new branch by matching private YSNPs).

ffoucart
09-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Done the same, and I’m waiting the kit.

I’ve tested with Yseq but nothing under DF13. But it was some years ago.

Tolan
10-30-2019, 05:42 AM
I just received the results (faster than expected).
No surprise: DF13 confirmed.
No SNPs below, I have 50 private variants.

What can I do now?
By sending my file on yfull, would I have something new?

Helgenes50
10-30-2019, 06:26 AM
I just received the results (faster than expected).
No surprise: DF13 confirmed.
No SNPs below, I have 50 private variants.

What can I do now?
By sending my file on yfull, would I have something new?

For all the different services offered by YFull, it's really cheap. Do it as soon as you can. You will not find better.

Tolan
10-30-2019, 09:09 AM
My interest would be to compare my private variants!

I do not know if FTDNA does it, or if the matches are only done with public SNPs?
Does Yfull do it?

Where can we see private variants of other members?

Tolan
11-01-2019, 07:41 PM
Big news!
On the dashboard page, FTDNA now gives me:
BY145002 confirmed!

Unfortunately, I can not see the big y block tree page because it never loads.
I managed to go to the page y-dna haplotree, and I can see BY145002 to the last branch DF13.
Did they add this branch only for me?
Must there be at least two to have a branch?

I can not wait to go to the page y block, and i am very excited! :D

Tolan
11-01-2019, 07:51 PM
I think I found:
I am with a Colombian, who was also DF13*.
He has the same mutation as me: BY145002.

That's why FTDNA has created a new branch under DF13.
They are very responsive! It is very good!