PDA

View Full Version : U5a2b from Brittany, France

Ralex004
08-16-2019, 12:32 AM
I've traced my maternal lineage to the 1600s and my earliest maternal ancestor is a lady from Côtes-d'Armor, in Brittany. Has anyone got any insight into how common this subclade is in such a part of the world?

jstephan
08-16-2019, 12:42 AM
You should repeat your question on a thread called "le coin Kroadur Breizh". There are some experts there, from Brittany.

GailT
08-16-2019, 04:12 AM
Did you test at 23andMe or the full mtDNA sequence at FTDNA? In either case it might be possible to get a more specific subclade.

I'm copying the below my summary of U5a2b of the U5 project results page - this is out of date, we now have about 200 U5a2b samples including several from France, but this gives you an idea of the geographic distribution:

U5a2b has 52 FMS test results and is estimated to be about 12,000 years old. It has 4 named subclades and also nine U5a2b* test results that represent 7 different un-named lineages, 4 of which have ancestry in Germany, Italy, Russia and Tunisia. U5a2b1 has 22 test results including 11 in U5a2b1* of which two are from Germany and two from Russia, and one each from Portugal, Norway, Poland, Czech and Ukraine. There are 3 people in U5a2b1a* with ancestry in France, Sicily and Belarus and there are 4 people in U5a2b1a* Group 1 with two from Russia and one each from Germany and Poland. There are also 4 people in U5a2b1b with 2 from Germany and 1 from Switzerland. There are 7 people in U5a2b2 with one each from Belarus, Slovakia, Poland, Ukraine and the Italian Alps. There are 7 people in U5a2b3 with two each from England and Finland and one each from Italy and Germany. There are 7 people in U5a2b4 with two one each from Ireland and Norway.

Trelvern
08-16-2019, 04:22 AM
I've traced my maternal lineage to the 1600s and my earliest maternal ancestor is a lady from Côtes-d'Armor, in Brittany. Has anyone got any insight into how common this subclade is in such a part of the world?

I live in Cotes d'Armor
imo no way to know the distribution of U5a2b at this place
but you can check it on the french thread "kroadur breizh"