PDA

View Full Version : R2a Map

Tomasso29
01-02-2014, 08:25 AM
This map is based on the WTY project in FTDNA for the members that tested for the L295 SNP (The most significant SNP for R2a). The red are L295- and the blue are L295+.

Humanist
01-02-2014, 09:38 AM
This map is based on the WTY project in FTDNA for the members that tested for the L295 SNP (The most significant SNP for R2a). The red are L295- and the blue are L295+.

Thanks for the map, Tomasso. The Persian Gulf appears to have a fair number of L295- men. Can you tell me anything about their haplotypes? Also, are the men in the former Soviet republics of Jewish origin?

Tomasso29
01-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the map, Tomasso. The Persian Gulf appears to have a fair number of L295- men. Can you tell me anything about their haplotypes? Also, are the men in the former Soviet republics of Jewish origin?

With the exception of the Armenian and Kazakh members, all the other ones from the former Soviet republics are Ashkenazi Jews.

As for the Gulf L295-, all of the known samples from that region are Arabs and they're quite diverse and distant from other R2a's in the region. Unfortunatly not much can be said from the haplotypes alone with the exception that some of them are clearly related to one another. I think the Geno 2.0 may end up helping this haplogroup. Through that, we were able to find the common SNP between Ashkenazi and Mizrachi Jews, so it may help with the other members too.

Tomasso29
03-26-2014, 05:02 PM
Y Chromosome Haplogroup Distribution in Indo-European Speaking Tribes of Gujarat, Western India (http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0090414)

I won't go into details but I will say that their methods in testing for R2a seems very outdated and questionable. I'll leave it at that.