PDA

View Full Version : How to put pictures and graphs inside a post

Greekscholar
08-27-2019, 12:08 AM
Hi, does anyone here know how to use the hide/reveal function or otherwise insert screenshots into posts? I have figured how to attach documents, but these other ways of graphically showing data are prettier. :)

Thanks.

Scarlet Ibis
08-27-2019, 03:32 AM
Hi, does anyone here know how to use the hide/reveal function or otherwise insert screenshots into posts? I have figured how to attach documents, but these other ways of graphically showing data are prettier. :)

Thanks.

If you want users to click a button to reveal text or images, you can upload images to a third party site like imgur, for example, and use "spoiler" tags. For example, you can manually type (without spaces) [ spoiler ] https://i.imgur.com/picexample.jpg [ / spoiler].

Or, you can click the "Go Advanced" button and then select the triangle icon with the ! in the center to automate the tags, and you can copy/paste the image link in between the tags.

Text and images will then look like the below example:

test post

If you use the url of images you have uploaded directly to Anthrogenica in the Spoiler tags, users must still click the spoiler button, but images will open in a new tab after they click the links.

Scarlet Ibis
08-27-2019, 04:02 AM
Edit: I've fixed the spoiler example