PDA

View Full Version : staying logged on issues

vettor
08-31-2019, 05:59 PM
Since these new changes , I have to log in more than once, especially if I visit another tab on another site

just now......it happened again

is there any rules on self timed out log-ons or being logged off visiting another site via another tab or anything else

I do have a brand new pc ( a few weeks old ) and windows 10

aaronbee2010
08-31-2019, 07:25 PM
@AG Staff

laltota is having this issue as well, which he said has popped up since AG recently instituted their DDoS protection.

Administrator
08-31-2019, 07:30 PM
[ADMIN]

We have just made a couple more changes to our security arrangement. These will be on-going for the next few days.

One of the changes we've made should have addressed the pernicious login issue. Let us know if it hasn't been fixed. If not, we'll hopefully address it after the next batch of changes have been made. Thanks.

vettor
08-31-2019, 09:35 PM
since these changes , every screen requires me to wait 45 sec to a minute to change

spruithean
08-31-2019, 10:43 PM
since these changes , every screen requires me to wait 45 sec to a minute to change

I think that has more to do with the huge uptick in "guest" (bot) viewers.

Revmac
09-05-2019, 12:59 AM
I can barely write a short post. I get logged out about every two minutes.

Bog Body
09-09-2019, 01:06 AM
Yesterday, within a five minute period I had to log in at least eight times and I could not post, at all, to this thread. Pretty bad.

JerryS.
09-09-2019, 01:19 AM
I get bumped off when I change pages or read too long on one.

Kale
09-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Getting logged out constantly here too. One time I logged in only to find I was already logged out :P
Even a peculiar bug where using the 'thanks' button would log me out.

rms2
09-11-2019, 02:17 PM
I get kicked out all the time on my work computer, but I don't seem to have a problem with my home computer.

It's aggravating when at work.

DMXX
09-11-2019, 02:54 PM
We are aware of this bug, and it'll be addressed in due course. Hopefully this coming weekend.

Worth noting that not everyone's experiencing this issue - I haven't had a single hiccup since we've implemented our security measures, and I've been in touch with numerous other users who've stated similarly.

For those who're finding it exceptionally annoying, please consider checking back to the site later this weekend.

DMXX
09-14-2019, 03:26 PM
Here's a very simple workaround for our members that I've discovered by accident.

If you happen to be experiencing this constant auto-logging-out bug, please try selecting the "Remember Me?" tick-box beneath the login fields at the top-right of any page at the first instance.

I've swapped devices just now and suddenly began experiencing the bug that everyone's has described here (I'd always had "Remember Me?" selected in my first device's browser). Implementing the above has instantly fixed it.

Regardless, I'll have a chance to review things tomorrow and see whether any tweaks can definitively address this issue.

Thanks all for your patience and let me know if the above suggestion has cured things on your end.

Have a great Saturday.

laltota
09-14-2019, 03:43 PM
Here's a very simple workaround for our members that I've discovered by accident.

If you happen to be experiencing this constant auto-logging-out bug, please try selecting the "Remember Me?" tick-box beneath the login fields at the top-right of any page at the first instance.

I've swapped devices just now and suddenly began experiencing the bug that everyone's has described here (I'd always had "Remember Me?" selected in my first device's browser). Implementing the above has instantly fixed it.

Regardless, I'll have a chance to review things tomorrow and see whether any tweaks can definitively address this issue.

Thanks all for your patience and let me know if the above suggestion has cured things on your end.

Have a great Saturday.

I have been getting logged out every few seconds, but I could sign straight back in easily after saving my userid and password in the browser.
Your workaround is much better still, and fixed problem for me.

JerryS.
09-15-2019, 01:21 AM
I always use the remember me click box but it doesn't always keep me logged on.

rms2
09-15-2019, 02:10 AM
Guess I could use the "remember me" box when at work, but I am kind of hesitant to use it there. I'm still getting kicked out constantly when at work, but on my home computer I don't have any issues.

Good thing.

JerryS.
09-15-2019, 02:23 AM
mine has been working thus far tonight..... seems to be fixed

Bog Body
09-15-2019, 05:32 AM
Today (Sept. 14th), I haven’t been bumped off at all. Happy days are here, again!

DMXX
09-20-2019, 08:39 PM
Following up on this, ladies and gents.

Is anyone still experiencing issues?

Bog Body
09-20-2019, 09:01 PM
Following up on this, ladies and gents.

Is anyone still experiencing issues?

Today, is good but I was getting bumped off a few times, yesterday.

pegasus
09-20-2019, 11:00 PM
I am still , if I want to post I get logged out, I have to save my posts before posting.

Elizabeth
09-23-2019, 12:22 PM
I had typed a private message hours ago but it didn't go thru. Between 2:30 and 3am. But that's okay. I sent another one.

Sometimes I get a "checking your browser" message as if I'm being logged in all over again, when I'm logged in.

shazou
09-24-2019, 03:45 AM
happened to me a few times as well, like a couple days ago in fact

DMXX
09-25-2019, 08:53 PM
Apologies for the continued hiccups, ladies and gents. We'll continue to make tweaks behind the scenes to try and iron this issue out once and for all.

In addition to the first suggestion earlier (click "Remember Me?" at the top of the page) - In the event that you post something or attempt to send a PM and get logged out, please click the "Back" button in your browser and there's a high likelihood that your content's been autosaved. The session-saving feature is in full effect, so if you haven't saved your messages in a separate Notepad document, it's very likely to be saved in your current session.

Thank you for your patience, and we'll be in touch soon regarding any substantive developments.

DMXX
09-29-2019, 02:09 AM
Ladies and gents,

Made a set of preliminary tweaks just now, one of which may make your browsing experience a bit faster.

Let me know if you're experiencing any further issues here, please.

DMXX
10-02-2019, 11:23 PM
Hi All,

The changes we've instituted seem to have fixed the logging-out bug linked with CloudFlare's use. At least, it's completely fixed on my end (began seeing it regularly on my mobile last week).

I'm gathering that, at this point, the absence of further comments since my post above (five days ago) would indicate that nobody's experiencing the bug any longer.

It's important that we get a sense of whether it's still an issue, in order to continue attempting to rectify it, or to permit the prioritisation of other things in development at Anthrogenica (including some cool upgrades).

If you were previously experiencing the bug but no longer are, or you're still seeing it, please let us know here.

Thank you!

ntk
10-03-2019, 05:53 PM
This is a constant issue for me; I often get the Cloudflare "we're under attack" interstitial visiting the site especially for the first time, but in general I find I'm being logged out just browsing, whether or not I check the "stay logged in" button.

DMXX
10-04-2019, 05:57 PM
This is a constant issue for me; I often get the Cloudflare "we're under attack" interstitial visiting the site especially for the first time, but in general I find I'm being logged out just browsing, whether or not I check the "stay logged in" button.

Thanks. A couple questions:

1) How frequently are you being logged out?
2) By "stay logged in" button, are you referring to the "Remember Me?" tickbox beneath the username and password login fields at the top-right of every page?
3) Which browser are you using to access the site?
4) Do you have any specific cookie settings in place?
5) Are you experiencing this issue across all devices you're using?

The interstitial page will indefinitely be in place, given the mild DDoS attack the site experienced (and is still experiencing, albeit to a much lesser degree). I and several other users who've communicated with me in private only see it the first time we're logging in.

ntk
10-05-2019, 04:33 PM
Thanks. A couple questions:

1) How frequently are you being logged out?
When it was happening, it was like 50-90% of clicks would log me out.

2) By "stay logged in" button, are you referring to the "Remember Me?" tickbox beneath the username and password login fields at the top-right of every page?
Yes.

3) Which browser are you using to access the site?
Chrome.

4) Do you have any specific cookie settings in place?
Regular old incognito mode. Not sure if it was specific to incognito.

5) Are you experiencing this issue across all devices you're using?
Not sure. Not seeing it at the moment so maybe no.

The interstitial page will indefinitely be in place, given the mild DDoS attack the site experienced (and is still experiencing, albeit to a much lesser degree).
Who the heck would DDoS Anthrogenica specifically? They need to get a life.

DMXX
10-19-2019, 06:41 PM
Thanks for your info earlier:

When it was happening, it was like 50-90% of clicks would log me out.

Yes.

Chrome.

Regular old incognito mode. Not sure if it was specific to incognito.

Not sure. Not seeing it at the moment so maybe no.

I've modified some of the settings in CloudFlare that should mitigate the problem in part.

However, it looks like your use of incognito was the principal cause of the unintentional logouts. I replicated your settings on my end and had a logout rate of around 20-40%. I presume it's due to the cookie settings. If so, then there isn't a fix to that problem that I can envisage, conceptually speaking.

If you could try accessing the site through Chrome's regular mode and then try incognito again, that would be useful for us to know whether accessibility is reasonable on your end now.

Who the heck would DDoS Anthrogenica specifically? They need to get a life.

There's no evidence that we've been targeted specifically - Some related sites and forums experienced guest surges at precisely the same time we began to.

Censored
10-21-2019, 12:06 AM
It continues to happen for me. I have to log in twice to stay logged in and then keep having to log in once again. Every other time I click "post reply" it tells me I dont have permission since Im not logged in.

DMXX
10-21-2019, 12:07 AM
It continues to happen for me. I have to log in twice to stay logged in and then keep having to log in once again. Every other time I click "post reply" it tells me I dont have permission since Im not logged in.

Have you selected the "Remember Me?" box beneath the login fields?

Censored
10-21-2019, 02:22 AM

Yes, I just tried it out for the past hour or so and it seems to have helped a lot. Some sites I've seen make the "remember me" button as the default after using it once, which is helpful since it's easy to miss.

JMcB
11-02-2019, 02:01 PM

Hello DMXX,

Just so you know, Iíve been having problems with my access. Even though I have always clicked my [Remember Me] box and continue to do so, anthrogenica is not recognizing that and keeps making me re-sign in. Then when I do, it sends me to a redirect bar that isnít working correctly. That is, instead of having a bar to click on to redirect, all itís showing is web address in itís place. So something is on the Blink with the recognition aspect of your [remember me] box. At least, in my case.

Plus, it often rechecks my browser even though Iíve already signed on and had my browser checked, when I try to maneuver between Activity & Forum or in between threads.

JMcB
11-04-2019, 03:29 PM

Hello DMXX.

Sorry to bother you again but there’s something wrong with your sign in application. For one, it’s still no recognizing me even though I always check the remember me box. Secondly, when I re-signed in again today, I got this message:

<You have entered an invalid username or password. Please enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

You have used 1 out of 5 login attempts. After all 5 have been used, you will be unable to login for 15 minutes.
The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page>

Fortunately, despite that message, it’s seems to have known it was me because my user name: Welcome JMcB, appeared on the header.

jdean
11-04-2019, 06:48 PM
Same here, since the weekend it doesn't matter what I do with my home PC (office not a problem) I get asked to log in when I return.

MikeWhalen
11-04-2019, 06:59 PM
same as jdean, only no office anymore as I am a retired bastard

M

jdean
11-04-2019, 07:03 PM
same as jdean, only no office anymore as I am a retired bastard

M

Probably won't be long behind you though I tease my daughter that I'm going to be the same as her grandfather who still comes in two days a week despite the efforts of my mother and being 81 : )

jdean
11-04-2019, 10:06 PM
Same here, since the weekend it doesn't matter what I do with my home PC (office not a problem) I get asked to log in when I return.

Problem solved, for me at least.

I was using a saved link for 'New Posts' but the format for that URL has changed, if I use the new one from the top of the page not an issue : ))))

JMcB
11-05-2019, 03:43 AM
Problem solved, for me at least.

I was using a saved link for 'New Posts' but the format for that URL has changed, if I use the new one from the top of the page not an issue : ))))

Thanks for the tip. My saved URL went directly to the Activity Page and now that I’ve switched it to Forum, it seems to be recognizing me normally.

Nas
12-13-2019, 03:25 PM
I keep getting logged out all of a sudden.

slievenamon
12-14-2019, 05:33 AM
I keep getting logged out all of a sudden.

Same with me...
I use the suggestion offered above.
There is a "Remember Me" box you can tick.
It works.