PDA

View Full Version : Ignore List

deadly77
09-08-2019, 11:54 PM
I've just discovered the "Ignore List" option - not something I intend to use regularly, but have applied it to a couple of users that I have no intention of interacting with. It seems to work well at hiding their posts unless I click on view post and achieves what I want from my end.

I'm just curious if this works both ways - are my posts hidden from the individuals that I've ignored? Not bothered if they are or not, just curious.

Also, can a forum member that I have added to my "Ignore List" send me PMs?

DMXX
09-13-2019, 07:16 PM
I've just discovered the "Ignore List" option - not something I intend to use regularly, but have applied it to a couple of users that I have no intention of interacting with. It seems to work well at hiding their posts unless I click on view post and achieves what I want from my end.

I'm just curious if this works both ways - are my posts hidden from the individuals that I've ignored? Not bothered if they are or not, just curious.

Also, can a forum member that I have added to my "Ignore List" send me PMs?

Hi deadly,

are my posts hidden from the individuals that I've ignored?

No, they can still see your posts. They'd have to add you to their own Ignore List.

can a forum member that I have added to my "Ignore List" send me PMs?

No. They're automatically disabled from doing that following your action.

deadly77
09-13-2019, 11:34 PM
Hi deadly,

No, they can still see your posts. They'd have to add you to their own Ignore List.

No. They're automatically disabled from doing that following your action.

Great - thank you.

Amber29
01-12-2020, 11:40 AM
I have someone Pm'ing me about ethnicity and showing me someone elses picture not going to say whos picture, this person has done it twice now, i dont want to respond but is there no way of blocking this person, even though they are on the ignore list? Making me anxious :s

jdean
01-12-2020, 03:09 PM
I have someone Pm'ing me about ethnicity and showing me someone elses picture not going to say whos picture, this person has done it twice now, i dont want to respond but is there no way of blocking this person, even though they are on the ignore list? Making me anxious :s

Sounds like something you should report to the admin, I can't imagine they'd be very impressed with that sort of behaviour !!!!

aaronbee2010
01-12-2020, 03:37 PM

jdean is completely correct. Private messages on Anthrogenica are still subject to the forums Terms of Service, of which ethnicity classification is in direct violation of.

Amber29
01-12-2020, 05:09 PM
I have done already thanks its my first time for this kind of thing so thanks. I couldnt find the links to any mods lol thats why but now i know what to do