PDA

View Full Version : H1a3a1 or H1b?

mildlycurly
09-15-2019, 01:51 PM
So before I had my 23andme data I converted my Ancestry data to 23andme format and ran it through James Lick's tool. It came out as likely to be H1a3a1 (originating possibly in Sweden with a person in Galway on FTDNA having H1a3a). However, I ran my actual 23andme data and it came out as most likely to be H1b. My mother also gets H1b.

H1b I know to be most common in Eastern Europe and NW Siberia. It appears to be virtually nonexistent in Ireland (where my mother's maternal line originates).
My mother and I do have some mtDNA matches with people of Sami or Siberian descent on GEDmatch, and we both tend to score minor amounts of Siberian/Amerindian on calculators.

So with all that in mind... what do you think we're more likely to be?

Coldmountains
12-14-2019, 02:26 PM
So before I had my 23andme data I converted my Ancestry data to 23andme format and ran it through James Lick's tool. It came out as likely to be H1a3a1 (originating possibly in Sweden with a person in Galway on FTDNA having H1a3a). However, I ran my actual 23andme data and it came out as most likely to be H1b. My mother also gets H1b.

H1b I know to be most common in Eastern Europe and NW Siberia. It appears to be virtually nonexistent in Ireland (where my mother's maternal line originates).
My mother and I do have some mtDNA matches with people of Sami or Siberian descent on GEDmatch, and we both tend to score minor amounts of Siberian/Amerindian on calculators.

H1b looks for now like a GAC/TRB-lineage which was mainly spread by Corded Ware in East and North Europe. So today it is most frequent among Balto-Slavs and Scandinavians. But it was also found among Bell Beakers in Germany and could be brought by them to Ireland from where your maternal line is from.

Calamus
12-14-2019, 05:13 PM

What are your mtDNA mutations? Should be possible to separate H1a from H1b based on your results.