PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Spreadsheet of GENO 2.0 results for L21+ ?

BobtheRancher
01-08-2014, 09:33 PM
I am DF13+ and just received my GENO 2.0 results and downloaded the data into FTDNA ... The only DF13+ subclade SNP I seem to be positive on is M37+ (I am TT) which I understand is inconclusive and thus blacklisted. If there is a GENO 2.0 spreadsheet? If so, then I could see at a glance where I fit in. Thanks. Bob

Mikewww
01-08-2014, 11:43 PM
The fellow that was doing those comparisons is no longer do that so I archived his summary comparisons in this folder on our yahoo group files/storage section.

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/R1b-L21-Project/files/Geno_2_results/

I am inviting Geno 2 L21+/S145+/Z290+ people like yourself to take your National Geno 2 raw results CSV (common separated variable text file) and upload with your FTDNA kit and MDKA surname as the file name. We should have done that all last year. This would give us the back up for the summary comparisons and allow us to continue to look through.

If you've transferred your Geno 2 results to an FTDNA account and joined the R-L21 plus project, I already have all of your positive/derived SNP results (but not no calls and negatives) the large haplotype data spreadsheets I keep in the Links section out on the the yahoo group. If you have a spreadsheet tool, like Excel, you can work through the drop down menu of the "relevant SNPs" column heading to autofilter to look at combinations of SNP positives to see which ones are really unique and who matches you with ones that aren't.

Where's the ranch?

BobtheRancher
01-09-2014, 01:57 AM
Thanks Mike, I have downloaded the GENO 2.0 results to FTDNA. My kit is N112316 and my name is Bob Dorr. I am a member of L21+ Project and also a member of the Yahoo L21+ group too. My ranch is south west of Pueblo, Colorado near the Wet Mountains. Not large its only 153 acres. Thanks again, Bob

Dubhthach
01-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Going on the SNP report on the L21 project it doesn't state that you are M37+, strange if it is indeed the case then you are the first public M37+ ever found. The only other samples were from anonymous collection in australia which has since ran out. It's now regarded as a "private SNP" and is no longer on the ISOGG tree.

-Paul
(DF41+)

Mikewww
01-09-2014, 01:44 PM
Thanks Mike, I have downloaded the GENO 2.0 results to FTDNA. My kit is N112316 and my name is Bob Dorr. I am a member of L21+ Project and also a member of the Yahoo L21+ group too. My ranch is south west of Pueblo, Colorado near the Wet Mountains. Not large its only 153 acres. Thanks again, Bob

Thanks for uploading.

I've driven (and stayed) through Pueblo several times on the way into Colorado, Utah and Idaho, from Texas. I've got a friend at work who lives somewhere west of Pueblo. He has a small plane so it must be near a small airport.

BobtheRancher
01-10-2014, 01:47 AM
Hi Paul,

At GENO 2.0 raw data location 9118 it provides TT for my M37. When I go to ISOGG, for SNP M37 it provides C>T.

I interpret that as M37+.

I understand that ISOGG treats this as a private SNP: "Geno 2.0 results for L9, L10, L387, L705, L706, and M37 are anomalous and likely erroneous; pending further information they are also blacklisted." http://daver.info/geno/results/

I am guessing that FTDNA does not list it as it is blacklisted....

Am I right in my thinking that my M37 is +?

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Bob

Mikewww
01-10-2014, 03:14 AM
Hi Paul,

At GENO 2.0 raw data location 9118 it provides TT for my M37. When I go to ISOGG, for SNP M37 it provides C>T.

I interpret that as M37+.

I understand that ISOGG treats this as a private SNP: "Geno 2.0 results for L9, L10, L387, L705, L706, and M37 are anomalous and likely erroneous; pending further information they are also blacklisted." http://daver.info/geno/results/

I am guessing that FTDNA does not list it as it is blacklisted....

Am I right in my thinking that my M37 is +?

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Bob

ISOGG lists M37 derived/positive as C>T so I would say you are M37+.
http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_YDNA_SNP_Index.html

However, M37 was thought to be private because it was only found in a couple of men... if I remember correctly, in Australia no less. I would want to confirm the M37+ though so we know there is no testing error.

David Wilson
01-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Bob, my raw results from Geno2 also show me as TT at M37, but I don't recognize the location 9118 that you mention. Is that a row in your raw data spreadsheet or a partial number from one of the detail columns?

I am sure I am negative for M37, as I was specifically tested for it several years ago by EthnoAncestry before they grew up to become IrelandsDNA etc., and it is not one of the SNPs on Geno2 for which I have a positive report. I have never heard of a single person testing positive for it outside of the two who were discovered in Australia. Mike's memory is correct about the source of the data on this SNP, which really does appear to be private.

Something is wrong with the publicly available data about this SNP and I don't know how to straighten it out. Perhaps the good news is that it is so rarely found that we don't need to.

kenmunn
01-10-2014, 03:25 PM
A problem with M37 on the Geno2 was that almost all tests were showing up as positive. That is the reason it was blacklisted, since it was an invalid result. David Reynolds confirmed this by e-mail about one year ago.

BobtheRancher
01-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Thanks, Sounds as if M37+ is simply an error on GENO 2.0 ... thanks for the clarification input. I will settle for DF13+ with GENO 2.0 not showing any of its tested for sub-clades thereunder. GENO 2.0 did rule out a number of DF13+ subclades. Just a few appear to be left for testing for me.

David Wilson
01-10-2014, 04:18 PM
A problem with M37 on the Geno2 was that almost all tests were showing up as positive. That is the reason it was blacklisted, since it was an invalid result. David Reynolds confirmed this by e-mail about one year ago.

Thanks, Ken. I missed that piece of information when it was fresh.

seferhabahir
01-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Thanks, Ken. I missed that piece of information when it was fresh.

It is indeed invalid. Not to beat a dead horse, but I went and checked, and I'm listed as TT, my R-M269xL23 cousin is listed as TT, my R2 cousin is listed as TT. In an early backbone spreadsheet, David R. also had G, I and Q haplogroups listed as TT. Probably everybody comes back as TT.

rms2
01-15-2014, 12:47 PM
My dad just got his Geno 2.0 results yesterday evening. I have not yet had the chance to really look the list of y-dna SNPs over thoroughly, but a cursory examination reveals that he is, like me (of course), L21+ and CTS2501+ (DF41+). Another member of our haplotype cluster, Self, kit 53479, has a novel SNP, PF6093. I was hoping to see that among my dad's positives, but no such luck.

I will upload my dad's CSV file over at the Yahoo L21 Group when I get the chance (later today, probably). I have already transferred the results over to his FTDNA kit (250145).

Now I am trying to decide whether or not to spring for a Family Finder test on my dad's sample.

BobtheRancher
03-19-2014, 12:13 AM
Thanks for uploading.

I've driven (and stayed) through Pueblo several times on the way into Colorado, Utah and Idaho, from Texas. I've got a friend at work who lives somewhere west of Pueblo. He has a small plane so it must be near a small airport.

Hi Mike, I live about 25 miles SW of Pueblo just north of Colorado City. There are ranches with landing strips for airplanes out here and, of course, at Pueblo. I think you are Mike Wadna on the FB L21 page. I am Bob Dorr on FB and also ski2beme (on Yahoo). I need to check here and the Yahoo pages much more often. I also need to use the same name everywhere. Let me know the next time you travel through Pueblo. I will buy lunch as you have been a great help. Bob