PDA

View Full Version : Big changes at Living DNA \\ Oct 2019

Pages : [1] 2

shazou
10-18-2019, 06:19 AM
https://cruwys.blogspot.com/2019/10/big-changes-at-living-dna.html?fbclid=IwAR2HNTzTNUm0XMr56uQi1bm-7IZRSrB2y8ChZf0WN9VjMe1xwVcmVpxUeo4

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AOEGhl4haDk/Xaef907nhwI/AAAAAAAAFN8/cCxqfz0IHlcU8Lchge4KgxgzL8jjI7FrgCNcBGAsYHQ/s640/New%2Bwebsite%2B2019.jpg

There have been some major updates at Living DNA. Their long-awaited new website has just been launched, and they have expanded their product range. The website upgrade will allow Living DNA to speed up processing times. By January 2020 they hope to have a system in place to allow them to deliver regular matches and notifications. At the moment the matching database is only re-run every two weeks. Most importantly, the update will allow Living DNA to update the ancestry reports with new regions. Spain and Germany are apparently nearly ready to go, and there are other updates in the pipeline, though anyone waiting for Scotland and Ireland will have to wait a little longer. The ancestry maps page has also been re-designed.

The new website is designed to be more accessible to non-genealogists and will guide the user through all the steps to ensure that they are able to access all the features. There is a simplified activation process which will allow for easier kit management for elderly relatives who do not use a computer. The upgrade process has also been simplified and now includes the ability to upload zip files. You will be able to opt in to relative matching with a single click.

At the time of writing the new website is live but I don't yet have the new "onboarding" experience or the updated ancestry maps. I will update this post with screenshots as and when they are available.

In the meantime here are some screenshots provided by Living DNA showing the new portal experience. (The names are all from a dummy account.) The screenshot below shows the new dashboard.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EF0HVADrkgE/XaiXiQn_b9I/AAAAAAAAFOQ/jUJEWTt0McAtjceItwfxWyASdI8jaahlgCNcBGAsYHQ/s640/Living%2BDNA%2BDashboard.png

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WfIy6rdOdjw/XaiXm-9rycI/AAAAAAAAFOY/EgU-5fuiajQ7Sy7iaeW21i6xBBixADbFgCNcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Living%2BDNA%2Bfamily%2Bancestry.png

New products
The product range has been revamped and Living DNA are now offering a low-priced taster kit for £49/$49. The starter test includes the following reports:
● Your global ancestry breakdown across continents
● The ability to find people around the world who you share DNA with
● A nutrition report determining if your genetics indicate that you are prone to Vitamin D deficiency
● The type of exercise your muscles respond to best

Starter kit customers can upgrade to the ancestry experience for £49/$49 and the wellbeing experience for £69/$69.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FqC_18Fhe0s/XaiXKS8xQVI/AAAAAAAAFOI/nzNs9HYY78cULKm4d5SB6W95GryYCHpNwCNcBGAsYHQ/s640/Living%2BDNA%2BStarter%2BExplode.png

The full ancestry test remains the same as before and is priced at $99/£99.

There is now a new wellbeing test with a full range of fitness and nutrition reports. This kit costs £129/$129. It will include a selection of reports indicating:
● How your body responds to different vitamins
● How your body breaks down foods to which your body may be sensitive to such as gluten or lactose
● How your body responds to different types of fitness.
● How to understand what type of exercise best supports your body. For example, it is claimed that DNA can indicate if you are better suited to running and sprinting or weight and circuit training.

Customers who order at launch will also receive a complimentary 180-day updates package worth £39/$39 that provides new reports as they are released.

Here is a screenshot of a sample wellbeing report.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QbWfYC5lzLc/XaiXnjXDfGI/AAAAAAAAFOo/w4yCt57uLy4-l6a48TwmaKPVDmUeRFOSQCEwYBhgL/s1600/Wellbeing%2B-%2Breport%2Bdetails.png

There is also a bundle priced at £179/$179 which combines the full collection of ancestry, nutrition and fitness reports.

Existing Living DNA customers will have the option to upgrade their accounts in mid-November 2019 to purchase the full wellbeing test for a reduced rate of £49/$49 (normally £69/$69) until 31st December 2019.

This blog post was updated on 17th October to include a photo of the new starter kit and screenshots of the new portal provided by Living DNA.
Posted by Debbie Kennett at 12:57 am Labels: Living DNA

firemonkey
10-18-2019, 08:06 AM
A glossy new homepage for sure. However once you log in it's the same old thing . No matches , and results from uploading raw data still missing .

Trelvern
10-18-2019, 08:58 AM
A glossy new homepage for sure. However once you log in it's the same old thing . No matches , and results from uploading raw data still missing .

you're right
what a lark what a plunge!
same discomfiture for me

mildlycurly
10-18-2019, 12:02 PM
I'm wondering if the starter kit contains the same amount of SNPs as the full ancestry kit, and I'm wondering also what the ancestry composition is like. Obviously it won't be as detailed as the full-price kit, but surely it has to go beyond mere continent level.

daragon39
10-18-2019, 12:39 PM
Guessing by how slow they are to update things, it will take about 2 more months for the new portal to get implemented and another year for updated ethnicity results.

firemonkey
10-18-2019, 12:54 PM
This begs the question; shouldn't they be getting what's already there up to scratch rather than adding new options?

daragon39
10-18-2019, 01:41 PM
This begs the question; shouldn't they be getting what's already there up to scratch rather than adding new options?

Not to mention releasing what they already announced they will release a couple of years ago that hasn't been released yet, like Family Networks Tree view.
Everything about this company is screaming scam.

Kathlingram
10-18-2019, 03:21 PM

SIGH.. Sadly this is true.. I am 2.5 years away from my test No matches except at Gedmatch.. My 19% Welsh seems accurate but only by comparison with AncestryDNA
s Geographic Community of North Wales which has 200 cousin matches at least..

Kylo_Ren
10-18-2019, 03:47 PM

You'd think since the new products are for sale now on their homepage, current users would receive the new portal prior to the selling of those new kits. Hopefully it's updated for everyone soon but I'm not holding my breath.

Dibran
10-18-2019, 04:12 PM
They suck. They never provided free dna results for the uploads they promised. I also uploaded earlier than some who were given ancestry results for their uploads. They have lost all my respect.

StillWater
10-18-2019, 04:42 PM
Has their ethnicity estimate been updated too?

10-18-2019, 05:40 PM
I seem to recall, their promise to all the early adopters, that we would always get the full experience and would never have to pay for an upgrade.
I wonder if they will be good on their word to give us early adopters the full experience without paying extra as they promised?
Anybody remember their exact wording on this?

10-18-2019, 05:43 PM
Has their ethnicity estimate been updated too?

Ney! Unfortunately not.

Dibran
10-18-2019, 05:54 PM
I seem to recall, their promise to all the early adopters, that we would always get the full experience and would never have to pay for an upgrade.
I wonder if they will be good on their word to give us early adopters the full experience without paying extra as they promised?
Anybody remember their exact wording on this?

I do not remember the exact wording but I do recall them saying something along the lines that we would receive constant updates and features at no additional charge.

daragon39
10-18-2019, 06:01 PM
I do not remember the exact wording but I do recall them saying something along the lines that we would receive constant updates and features at no additional charge.

Unfortunately for us early adopters who shelled out that high dollar amount, they are just saying we will only have the $99 experience now. Like I said, scam.

Edit:
Maybe I should check the wayback machine for the exact wording. We may have a bait and switch case on our hands.

Dibran
10-18-2019, 06:08 PM
Unfortunately for us early adopters who shelled out that high dollar amount, they are just saying we will only have the $99 experience now. Like I said, scam.

Edit:
Maybe I should check the wayback machine for the exact wording. We may have a bait and switch case on our hands.

They're going to crash and burn then. I will make sure to tell everyone I know to avoid them. I am sure all the bad word of mouth will eventually bite them in the behind. My father raised me to never promise what I can't keep, and to make good on the promises I do. This is just bad face for them.

daragon39
10-18-2019, 06:13 PM
Okay so here is a screen capture of the page from December 2016. Looks to me they did indeed make that promise.

10-18-2019, 06:29 PM
Okay so here is a screen capture of the page from December 2016. Looks to me they did indeed make that promise.
Good find, I am sure there was some more info as well as that.
Future technology might have them though.

daragon39
10-18-2019, 06:32 PM
Good find, I am sure there was some more info as well as that.
Future technology might have them though.

Yep. I emailed support with this image asking if us early adopters can expect a refund for the money we spent over the current $99 for their deceit. Doubt I'll hear back though.

10-18-2019, 06:42 PM
Yep. I emailed support with this image asking if us early adopters can expect a refund for the money we spent over the current $99 for their deceit. Doubt I'll hear back though.

Could also make it more public with their Twitter account.
And Facebook, if they have that.

daragon39
10-18-2019, 06:45 PM
Could also make it more public with their Twitter account.
And Facebook, if they have that.

Think I will.

Dibran
10-18-2019, 06:56 PM
Think I will.

Good idea.

10-18-2019, 06:56 PM
Think I will.

I might as well, but I will give them, “The benefit of the doubt”,first to see if they keep their promises.

timberwolf
10-18-2019, 07:21 PM
I might as well, but I will give them, “The benefit of the doubt”,first to see if they keep their promises.

Until they can prove they can deliver what they promise, people should just avoid them like the plague.

I think they made a lot of promises, without the faintest idea how they going to deliver them.

They really need to lift their game, if they don't they won't be in business for much longer,

Rufus191
10-18-2019, 10:18 PM
Maybe explain why their full attention doesn't seem to be on LivingDNA, they run another company DNA Legal:

DNA Legal offer drug, alcohol, paternity, and forensic testing. We go to incredible lengths to help you find the truth, with hair strand testing for drugs and alcohol, legal paternity testing, relationship testing for immigration, forensic toxicology, and more. Our laboratories invest heavily in research, ensuring industry leading levels of sensitivity and accuracy. Because of this, DNA Legal offers the most detailed and wide ranging selection of testing available. But we won't stop at issuing your results - we assess and clearly explain the factors which underpin them. With a team that truly cares, we promise to support you at every step, from client care to expert witness testimony

https://www.dnalegal.com/

https://www.facebook.com/DNALegal/
https://www.facebook.com/DNALegal/reviews/

The UK's Leading DNA, Hair Drug & Alcohol and Forensic Testing Firm. Serving Family, Criminal and Immigration Lawyers. Free CPD training.

https://twitter.com/dnalegal

https://www.linkedin.com/company/dnalegal

C J Wyatt III
10-19-2019, 03:01 AM
Maybe explain why their full attention doesn't seem to be on LivingDNA, they run another company DNA Legal:

Thank you. That clears up a few things around here.

Rufus191
10-19-2019, 10:09 AM
Thank you. That clears up a few things around here.
The UK government Forensic Science Service (FSS) was closed back in 2012, so since then these private companies get a lot of work from the police and courts now. There have been worries over the quality of service and handling of data, earlier this year one of the companies, Eurofins Scientific was subjected to a ransomware attack, they ended up paying to get their data back

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49361260

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30909722

One wonders, does DNA Legal have access to LivingDNA's database?

StillWater
10-20-2019, 07:42 AM
uploaded my kit over a day ago, now when I go to check its status, it's not longer there and only the "upload DNA file" option is there. Should I lose the progress and reupload again?

10-20-2019, 07:24 PM

If anyone wants to add on to the pressure for LivingDNA to keep their promises.
https://twitter.com/Living_DNA/status/1184873073373319168

daragon39
10-21-2019, 04:48 PM
Finally received a reply email from Living DNA. It's almost as if they are completely ignoring what their original site says. I especially love how she points out that I have matches which is a great thing, but I only have 1 match.

Thank you for your email.

I can see that you have purchased our three in one test and received all of the items that were promised on the website at the time of purchase.
These would have been the Family Ancestry (current Recent ancestry), Sub-regional breakdown (Sub-regional ancestry), Mother line and Father line ( Extended ancestry) and the Through history map (Your DNA today).

At the time you made the purchase the DNA matching was not something that we offered as this is one of the newest features of the service we offer which I can see is being used and you have matches which is great news.

We also work to update the Mother and Father line information (Extended ancestry) in addition to the family ancestry ( current Recent ancestry) to update the pannels and if we are able to will refine your results. This is standard for all tests purchased with us when we started out and those we sell today.

If you feel that I have missed anything please let me know and I will revisit for you but in light of this, I am sorry but we are not able to offer any refund for the cost of testing paid.

And here is my reply to them.

On the Original site(Which I have a screen shot attached to the original email), it Clearly states:
“After you receive your results we will share all future ancestry updates, latest information and technology with you.”
I take this to mean ALL information and technology as it becomes available not just Ancestry, which Living DNA is not providing to those early adopters who shelled out more money. On top of this Living DNA has decided to release a new testing scheme while placing original testers at the mere $99 level of access. This is what is known as a “Bait and Switch”, a form of deceptive marketing, which Living DNA promised 1 thing and do not follow through. I would think that to maintain the reputation of the company, a refund of $60 to each early adopter would be in order to reflect the downgrade, or perhaps allowing those early adopters access to the information contained in the newer health reports testing would be in order.

daragon39
10-21-2019, 10:51 PM
A new reply from Living DNA in email. Definitely deleting this test and account, just waiting for the ethnicity update.

Please let me know which tech or information you think you are missing out on? The test that you purchased is the same as the one currently being sold.

We have introduced new tests in separate products one witch gives fewer details and is designed for people who are unsure what type of test they want to take and a health and wellbeing test which is not an ancestry test at all, which can be purchased if you wish but will not be added to anyone purchasing a $99 your ancestry test. This is our original product and remains unchanged in all but name.

You will receive all future updates and information that is relevant to the product that you purchased. This is in line with our terms and conditions.

10-25-2019, 07:48 AM
A new reply from Living DNA in email. Definitely deleting this test and account, just waiting for the ethnicity update.

They are in denial, and feeding the speel if they ignore long enough and give the same non sense, answer people will move on.
Unfortunately for them it’s in black and white, “all technology advancements” or words to that effect, they need to compromise with early adopters IMO.

fostert
10-25-2019, 08:55 PM
I have given up on them completely. The matching service is literally farcical - I have had one match for over a year now, and no way to contact them. No chromosome browser. No family surnames to compare to - absolutely useless. To "offer" this "service" in exchange for uploading your DNA to them is insulting - trade everything for nothing.

The long-awaited ethnicity update is still long-awaited, and likely won't be any where near competitive anymore with 23andme, Ancestry and MyHeritage, who are all pushing the science forward. They are dominating the market for good reason - you get alot for what you pay for with those companies. Not LDNA - to my mind they belong relegated with the second rate startup dna uploading sites who just take your money for a mildly-entertaining ethnicity estimate that has something like 1/10 the reference panel size used by Ancestry and 23andme.

Too bad too, because they could have gone far - at the time they were the first to have the most detailed UK estimates around. With Ancestry's GCs and 23's Recent Ancestry, LDNA have nothing unique to them anymore.

sktibo
10-25-2019, 09:41 PM
I have given up on them completely. The matching service is literally farcical - I have had one match for over a year now, and no way to contact them. No chromosome browser. No family surnames to compare to - absolutely useless. To "offer" this "service" in exchange for uploading your DNA to them is insulting - trade everything for nothing.

The long-awaited ethnicity update is still long-awaited, and likely won't be any where near competitive anymore with 23andme, Ancestry and MyHeritage, who are all pushing the science forward. They are dominating the market for good reason - you get alot for what you pay for with those companies. Not LDNA - to my mind they belong relegated with the second rate startup dna uploading sites who just take your money for a mildly-entertaining ethnicity estimate that has something like 1/10 the reference panel size used by Ancestry and 23andme.

Too bad too, because they could have gone far - at the time they were the first to have the most detailed UK estimates around. With Ancestry's GCs and 23's Recent Ancestry, LDNA have nothing unique to them anymore.

A while ago I posted on a Living DNA Facebook group asking a question as to whether or not people would rather Living DNA cease their efforts into relative matching as you can upload your data into another company with a matching service and focus on their ethnicity estimates instead. Many people responded to this hypothetical question quite angrily, exclaiming that they had only bought into Living DNA for the matching, which I thought was hilarious. I asked them why they bought a test for matching that does not yet actually offer that matching? They said they believed it would happen soon. At this point I don't think they will ever be able to offer decent matching options. While they are still trying to build their foundations in this area, the other companies continue to build upon what they already have. It's a race Living DNA cannot win.
I still believe that if Living DNA had solely focus on offering a detailed ethnicity estimate, specializing in this area instead of spreading themselves thin trying to do it all, that they would be in a better position. They're slow enough in updating their estimates and we've seen IIRC two updates to both 23andme and ancestry in the time it took them to update only a few select customers.

timberwolf
10-27-2019, 09:10 PM
A while ago I posted on a Living DNA Facebook group asking a question as to whether or not people would rather Living DNA cease their efforts into relative matching as you can upload your data into another company with a matching service and focus on their ethnicity estimates instead. Many people responded to this hypothetical question quite angrily, exclaiming that they had only bought into Living DNA for the matching, which I thought was hilarious. I asked them why they bought a test for matching that does not yet actually offer that matching? They said they believed it would happen soon. At this point I don't think they will ever be able to offer decent matching options. While they are still trying to build their foundations in this area, the other companies continue to build upon what they already have. It's a race Living DNA cannot win.
I still believe that if Living DNA had solely focus on offering a detailed ethnicity estimate, specializing in this area instead of spreading themselves thin trying to do it all, that they would be in a better position. They're slow enough in updating their estimates and we've seen IIRC two updates to both 23andme and ancestry in the time it took them to update only a few select customers.

Yes I know the Facebook group you mean, it appears to be also full of gatekeepers who push a company line of demanding more patience.

Whenever someone I know asks me about DNA testing, and wishes to hear my opinion on who to test with, I mention Ancestry, 23andme, Myheritage for its continental database, FTDNA for haplogroup testing. The last company I will mention is LivingDNA and that is only to say avoid at all costs.

I really cannot see anyway forward for them at this point.

daragon39
10-27-2019, 10:09 PM
Yes I know the Facebook group you mean, it appears to be also full of gatekeepers who push a company line of demanding more patience.

Whenever someone I know asks me about DNA testing, and wishes to hear my opinion on who to test with, I mention Ancestry, 23andme, Myheritage for its continental database, FTDNA for haplogroup testing. The last company I will mention is LivingDNA and that is only to say avoid at all costs.

I really cannot see anyway forward for them at this point.

Twitter is the same way. It seems to me that these gatekeepers may be employees or perhaps paid advertisers though, as one of the ones that attacked wrote a glowing review on how Living DNA is the "Best" testing company. Laughable.

sktibo
10-28-2019, 02:01 AM
I don't think they're employees - I think they are usually people who think they know a lot more about the DNA testing hobby than they really do. An astounding number of people enter into this hobby from a position where they believe themselves to be highly knowledgeable, and are not aware (or don't want to be) that this hobby, like every other hobby, comes with a learning curve. I think these people are speaking from inexperience and naivety more often than not.

timberwolf
10-28-2019, 03:05 AM
I don't think they're employees - I think they are usually people who think they know a lot more about the DNA testing hobby than they really do. An astounding number of people enter into this hobby from a position where they believe themselves to be highly knowledgeable, and are not aware (or don't want to be) that this hobby, like every other hobby, comes with a learning curve. I think these people are speaking from inexperience and naivety more often than not.

Fair comment. The gatekeepers I am thinking of, fit that category.

Rufus191
10-28-2019, 06:06 PM
Twitter is the same way. It seems to me that these gatekeepers may be employees or perhaps paid advertisers though, as one of the ones that attacked wrote a glowing review on how Living DNA is the "Best" testing company. Laughable.
Yes there is one guy, Joseph Flores that literally posts I love Living DNA >hearts< every single day, either they have some weird OCD obsession about LivingDNA, they are connected to the company in some way, or they from some kind of paid for likes company. The first review on their DNA Legal company was their own employee, and three of the rest (out of 6) were terrible reviews.

daragon39
10-28-2019, 10:51 PM
Yes there is one guy, Joseph Flores that literally posts I love Living DNA >hearts< every single day, either they have some weird OCD obsession about LivingDNA, they are connected to the company in some way, or they from some kind of paid for likes company. The first review on their DNA Legal company was their own employee, and three of the rest (out of 6) were terrible reviews.

ZDNet is also on rabid defense for Living DNA, which tells me they must have received a nice deal.

Björnsson
10-31-2019, 04:07 PM
I'm just annoyed that they don't provide the same subclade between my son and I, even though they, Ancestry and Gedmatch all prove I'm his father. If they're using the same Sirius chip, why would they half-arse me with Z282 and give my son Z284? I'm wanting to see what subclade of Z284 we are--whether just Norse or also Scottish. I've got three matches outside my son: England, Ireland and America.

11-06-2019, 10:03 PM
Just logged into LDNA, and they have finally updated the User GUI environment, ancestry results remain unchanged for the moment.

JFWinstone
11-07-2019, 12:29 AM
I can’t access mine or mum’s ancestry results from the findmypast upload any more.

timberwolf
11-07-2019, 12:38 AM
I can’t access mine or mum’s ancestry results from the findmypast upload any more.

Same with me.

daragon39
11-07-2019, 02:36 AM
Anyone receive updated ethnicity results yet? Mine still hasn't changed so it looks like they just changed the portal.

sktibo
11-07-2019, 03:15 AM
My layout/portal has updated as well with no ethnicity estimate changes.

JMcB
11-07-2019, 03:47 AM
Just checked mine out and I can only guess they were trying to save money on ink because I can hardly read any of the numbers because they’re so faint. Same with the map which is so light I can barely see and borderlines. Pretty poor design as far as contrasts and readability are concerned. Only LDNA could take the worse map in the business and improve it while making it worse at the same time because you can hardly even see it. I give up!

firemonkey
11-07-2019, 03:50 AM
Same with me.

Ditto

firemonkey
11-07-2019, 04:13 AM
There were such high hopes for LDNA . It's like thinking you've discovered the next Jean Claude Killy only for him to metamorphose into Eddie the eagle .

timberwolf
11-07-2019, 04:29 AM
There were such high hopes for LDNA . It's like thinking you've discovered the next Jean Claude Killy only for him to metamorphose into Eddie the eagle .

Thats a good one.

I am thinking more hoping for Bayern Munich and getting Bury instead.

firemonkey
11-07-2019, 04:32 AM
^ That's true. I'm not even sure Bury are still in the league . My Gatty ancestors lived in Bury for a while.

timberwolf
11-07-2019, 04:38 AM
^ That's true. I'm not even sure Bury are still in the league . My Gatty ancestors lived in Bury for a while.

The England football league expelled them about a month ago, hence why I compared them to LDNA.

To be fair I have far higher opinion of Bury FC then I do of LDNA.

daragon39
11-07-2019, 07:07 AM
Yeah this portal update is terrible. One very bad thing about it is they don't even give you your subclades for Maternal and Paternal lines now, you just get the basic maps and that's it. So basically they downgraded.

timberwolf
11-07-2019, 07:20 AM
Yeah this portal update is terrible. One very bad thing about it is they don't even give you your subclades for Maternal and Paternal lines now, you just get the basic maps and that's it. So basically they downgraded.

Just noticed that, Looks like the ancestry through history tool is gone as well. Also it seems the cautious estimate is no more.

Terrible company.

SUPREEEEEME
11-07-2019, 07:24 AM
Just noticed that, Looks like the ancestry through history tool is gone as well. Also it seems the cautious estimate is no more.

Terrible company.

Also the phylogenetic tree

firemonkey
11-07-2019, 07:42 AM
Just one set of results for ancestry?!

timberwolf
11-07-2019, 07:53 AM

Yes I think so.

daragon39
11-07-2019, 08:14 AM
Funny thing is I've criticized them earlier on their Facebook page, they deleted my comment and I received a warning from Facebook. Go to the Users page and people are definitely voicing frustration there. What a scummy company.

firemonkey
11-07-2019, 10:29 AM
Funny thing is I've criticized them earlier on their Facebook page, they deleted my comment and I received a warning from Facebook. Go to the Users page and people are definitely voicing frustration there. What a scummy company.

Unless you used some really offensive language in your criticism of them being reported to FB is way out of order.

daragon39
11-07-2019, 10:42 AM
Unless you used some really offensive language in your criticism of them being reported to FB is way out of order.

Definitely didn't use anything offensive. In fact I did repost my comment and it's still there. Only difference with this post is I added the fact they're deleting posts.

Björnsson
11-07-2019, 11:50 AM
I'm able to access all of that using my bookmarked link from sharing the results before the changes.

Kathlingram
11-07-2019, 01:09 PM

Yep! That is what I see.. I think this is rolled out specifically for holiday sales..Really the only useful thing for me remains the Welsh and South England % which has been reinforced by my AncestryDNA North Wales Genetic Community which is large.. 23andme has now weakly followed suit with the breakdown of specific areas..Merseyside, Gwynedd,Greater Manchester

angscoire
11-07-2019, 01:34 PM
I'm just annoyed that they don't provide the same subclade between my son and I, even though they, Ancestry and Gedmatch all prove I'm his father. If they're using the same Sirius chip, why would they half-arse me with Z282 and give my son Z284? I'm wanting to see what subclade of Z284 we are--whether just Norse or also Scottish. I've got three matches outside my son: England, Ireland and America.

Take the Big Y at FTDNA.

Björnsson
11-07-2019, 02:28 PM
Take the Big Y at FTDNA.

More £$€? Just what I need to get rid of.

JMcB
11-07-2019, 03:02 PM
Take the Big Y at FTDNA.

Personally, I would skip Big Y. They’re now charging you an extra $100 just to get your Bam & VCF files. Which may come in handy, if you want to have a better analysis done by YFull. Plus, FGC’s Y Elite is is just as good as Y700 and if you send your Bam file to YFull you’ll also get your mtDNA and STRs thrown in. Which I believe FGC also provides on it’s own. FGC is a better value because FT started stripping out the mtDNA a long time ago because they wanted to charge you extra by selling you their mtDNA tests separately. Although, it should be noted the the mtDNA captured in YDNA tests isn’t as definitive as the results from full mtDNA test but it is still a free addition that FGC gives you and FT doesn’t.

daragon39
11-07-2019, 05:24 PM
Wow so many nasty defenders coming to Living DNA's defense calling people names and such on Facebook. LOL!

timberwolf
11-07-2019, 07:06 PM
Well the haplogroup assignments are back so some progress.

I checked out the Living DNA public Facebook group and the gatekeepers are still pushing the party line of patience. Not going too well some other users however.

timberwolf
11-07-2019, 07:09 PM
This may be of some use.

https://livingdna.com/blog/Living-DNA-November-Update

Björnsson
11-07-2019, 07:37 PM
This may be of some use.

https://livingdna.com/blog/Living-DNA-November-Update

This also set us up with a foundation to support panel updates, which will be rolling out over time.

This will first be rolled out to users based on knowing how the update will affect you, for example, if you have German ancestry, we will give you the option to update to our enhanced German regions for free.

Our region shapes are also being redrawn to more accurately represent your ancestry and also allow us to start rolling out new region updates.

I sure hope they fix my subclade, but their ethnic commentaries are generic introductions and don't expect them to get better.

sktibo
11-08-2019, 05:21 AM
From the November update as seen in Timberwolf's link

"We have consolidated this into the ‘complete’ view. We have chosen to do this because as we continuously develop our research, we are able to increase the strength of our panels. As such, we have chosen to only represent the most specific view, assigning all DNA to a region and a sub-region where available. We have also made it much easier to navigate your sub-regional views so you can easily see these.

You will also have the ability to update to the new version of the Living DNA experience. This will first be rolled out to users based on knowing how the update will affect you, for example, if you have German ancestry, we will give you the option to update to our enhanced German regions for free. Alongside this, there is now a toggle that lets you go between information in the history and legend sections of your portal easily without scrolling down the entire page."

They may as well have gotten rid of their multiple views to be honest. I'm curious if anyone will actually get a "free" German regions update. The fact that they included free in there makes me think they're going to start charging for updates.

sktibo
11-08-2019, 05:42 AM
Also, my uploaded ancestry results appear to be no longer accessible:

geebee
11-08-2019, 06:05 AM
Also, my uploaded ancestry results appear to be no longer accessible:

That's an interesting way of putting it: "Unfortunately you don't currently have recent ancestry." Adam, is that you?:biggrin1:

FionnSneachta
11-08-2019, 12:30 PM
Marvellous. There's no ethnicity estimates for any of my kits including my own that I paid for. Maybe they didn't like that I got a discount for participating in the Irish research project. My mum and I still have matching. However, my dad's is now under data review while the rest are complete and he has no matches despite the fact that I still match him.

daragon39
11-08-2019, 12:40 PM
From the November update as seen in Timberwolf's link

"We have consolidated this into the ‘complete’ view. We have chosen to do this because as we continuously develop our research, we are able to increase the strength of our panels. As such, we have chosen to only represent the most specific view, assigning all DNA to a region and a sub-region where available. We have also made it much easier to navigate your sub-regional views so you can easily see these.

You will also have the ability to update to the new version of the Living DNA experience. This will first be rolled out to users based on knowing how the update will affect you, for example, if you have German ancestry, we will give you the option to update to our enhanced German regions for free. Alongside this, there is now a toggle that lets you go between information in the history and legend sections of your portal easily without scrolling down the entire page."

They may as well have gotten rid of their multiple views to be honest. I'm curious if anyone will actually get a "free" German regions update. The fact that they included free in there makes me think they're going to start charging for updates.

If they charge for the updates I will definitely get a lawyer and sue for false advertisement.

firemonkey
11-08-2019, 01:06 PM
More and more this whole business with LDNA strikes me as being a case of major marketing and technical shortcomings

Björnsson
11-08-2019, 01:47 PM
It's like with food: "New look, same great taste!" When it comes to genetics, connoisseurs want substance more than style. The flavour can always be improved! You can't fool us with packaging!

RVBLAKE
11-08-2019, 01:49 PM
I was surprised to see the glitzy new home page, haven't been keeping up with events. I noticed that under the Family Ancestry category, one can no longer select between Cautious, Standard, etc.

timberwolf
11-08-2019, 06:13 PM
Yeah my original test is gone as well.

sktibo
11-08-2019, 06:57 PM
Another foray into asking Living DNA questions.. let's see how they respond to this:

"Any chance you guys could add more fields to your research area? All of my grandparents were born in Canada, but five of my great-grandparents were born in Europe. If I fill out the research form as it is, it won't help you much but if it were to be extended to great-grandparents, it may be useful to you.
I noticed on your November blog that you may provide German panel updates to those with German ancestry, and since one of my great grandparents was German, I'm very interested in this for this reason."

timberwolf
11-08-2019, 07:31 PM
Another foray into asking Living DNA questions.. let's see how they respond to this:

"Any chance you guys could add more fields to your research area? All of my grandparents were born in Canada, but five of my great-grandparents were born in Europe. If I fill out the research form as it is, it won't help you much but if it were to be extended to great-grandparents, it may be useful to you.
I noticed on your November blog that you may provide German panel updates to those with German ancestry, and since one of my great grandparents was German, I'm very interested in this for this reason."

I see they have an upload option in which you cannot actually upload, at least with me.

Mind you someone on another thread was able to upload five kits yesterday and got results within 12 hours.

mxcrowe
11-08-2019, 07:34 PM
You guys have beaten this up pretty well, so no point piling on, but I'll just add what I have noticed with my LDNA account:

1) I've never matched anyone and still don't. Zero matches - entirely useless to me as my priority is building and confirming my family tree.

2) My ethnicity estimate has been updated once, around Sep 2019, the results of which were mixed. On the one hand, the German component, that is a confirmed element of my tree, finally appeared. On the other hand, a) my English components got scrambled around in a way that is inconsistent with what I know (and has been DNA confirmed) from my paper trail, and b) my Scotland component disappeared, other than some weird 1.5% link to the Orkneys, which is almost certainly not "recent ancestry". So, sort of one step forward, two steps back...

3) The current makeover has not changed my ethnicity update from the Sep 2019 numbers - just changed the look and feel of the map. Not for the better, in my opinion. The more "blobby" multicolored map was a better representation of the uncertainty and overlap of the data, rather than the new map with hard lines around every county that adds nothing to the estimate and just misrepresents the inherent messiness of the many DNA sources.

In summary, LDNA remains a disappointment and, at best, a novelty. I'm glad I have the autosomal, mtDNA, and YDNA data to corroborate my other tests, but other than providing better overlap with other LDNA testers at GEDMatch, it's of almost no use to my primary goal of building and confirming my family tree. For that Ancestry (with all its faults) has emerged as the most effective resource, 23andMe has moved to second place, despite their lack of emphasis on genetic genealogy, FTDNA is third, mostly due to the smaller database, and My Heritage, after changing their cost structure significantly for the worse, is in fourth place. LDNA is dead last, of course.

StillWater
11-08-2019, 09:53 PM
I see they have an upload option in which you cannot actually upload, at least with me.

Mind you someone on another thread was able to upload five kits yesterday and got results within 12 hours.

New uploads are quick.

firemonkey
11-08-2019, 10:01 PM
I uploaded my My heritage data successfully over 2 hours ago. The little wheel is still spinning round and round.

Got greedy. Tried uploading 2 files by opening 2 windows . Can only see the wheel spinning round for the 2nd (FTDNA) upload.

timberwolf
11-08-2019, 10:04 PM
New uploads are quick.

At this stage I would just be happy to have back the results of the test I payed for.

timberwolf
11-08-2019, 10:05 PM
I uploaded my My heritage data successfully over 2 hours ago. The little wheel is still spinning round and round.

How were you able to do that? There is no upload function on mine. Only type in personal details.

firemonkey
11-08-2019, 10:26 PM
Clicked 'upload more DNA' on the home page.
Filled in details
Clicked 'activate kit'
Browsed for file

timberwolf
11-08-2019, 10:31 PM
Clicked 'upload more DNA' on the home page.
Filled in details
Clicked 'activate kit'
Browsed for file

All good mate. the problem was the entered date format was in the US form not UK. My mistake.

firemonkey
11-08-2019, 10:36 PM
All good mate. the problem was the entered date format was in the US form not UK. My mistake.

I made the same mistake initially with the date format .

FionnSneachta
11-08-2019, 10:43 PM
The ancestry results for my own kit as well as mtDNA haplogroup have returned. My dad also has matches again. My mum and dad's uploads are still missing their ancestry estimate though.

Just noticed that the image they use for Northwest Scotland is quite odd. It's a map of most of Ireland with just a bit of South Scotland shown but none of North Scotland which is what the image is meant to represent. The image would be better suited for the 'Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland' or just the 'Ireland' category even since most is shown but it's not particularly great for any category.

sktibo
11-08-2019, 10:50 PM
The ancestry results for my own kit as well as mtDNA haplogroup have returned. My dad also has matches again. My mum and dad's uploads are still missing their ancestry estimate though.

Just noticed that the image they use for Northwest Scotland is quite odd. It's a map of most of Ireland with just a bit of South Scotland shown but none of North Scotland which is what the image is meant to represent. The image would be better suited for the 'Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland' or just the 'Ireland' category even since most is shown but it's not particularly great for any category.

I thought it was the area with the thick blue outline

FionnSneachta
11-08-2019, 11:40 PM
I thought it was the area with the thick blue outline

I'm referring to the image above the description. 'Ireland' has a picture of the Cliffs of Moher while 'Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland' has the Giant's Causeway. The image for 'Northwest Scotland' is just this map.

StillWater
11-09-2019, 02:14 AM

Got greedy. Tried uploading 2 files by opening 2 windows . Can only see the wheel spinning round for the 2nd (FTDNA) upload.

Try a different browser.

passenger
11-09-2019, 02:20 AM
New uploads are quick.

How long have people had to wait for the upload to process? I gather you have to leave the window open and your computer running, otherwise you have to start over again...

timberwolf
11-09-2019, 02:26 AM
How long have people had to wait for the upload to process? I gather you have to leave the window open and your computer running, otherwise you have to start over again...

Good question.

Tried a couple times to upload a file, has said successfully uploaded, but after closing window, does not appear as Kit.

firemonkey
11-09-2019, 03:07 AM
Is it me or is the upload process very flaky ? Closing the tab and then reopening it later stops the processing , as does keeping the tab open but clicking the back arrow to look at something and then clicking the forward arrow again .

timberwolf
11-09-2019, 03:18 AM
Is it me or is the upload process very flaky ? Closing the tab and then reopening it later stops the processing , as does keeping the tab open but clicking the back arrow to look at something and then clicking the forward arrow again .

Did it eventually work for you? Flaky is apt description.

firemonkey
11-09-2019, 03:19 AM
"The wheel on LDNA goes round and round , round and round, all day long"

timberwolf
11-09-2019, 03:26 AM
"The wheel on LDNA goes round and round , round and round, all day long"

As does the wheels of the bus. I have tried multiple times and have got the same result as you.

Flaky might be the wrong F word to describe this lot.

firemonkey
11-09-2019, 03:27 AM
Did it eventually work for you? Flaky is apt description.

Hasn't worked so far because of the things I've mentioned . Have had to go through uploading the raw data again . The little wheel is spinning round and round . I'm beginning to think LDNA is a dastardly plot to drive people insane with frustration .

:rolleyes:

timberwolf
11-09-2019, 03:35 AM
Hasn't worked so far because of the things I've mentioned . Have had to go through uploading the raw data again . The little wheel is spinning round and round . I'm beginning to think LDNA is a dastardly plot to drive people insane with frustration .

:rolleyes:

Yeah I am quite convinced, if they were a football team,, who's opponents did not turn up. They would still find a way to lose.

JMcB
11-09-2019, 03:44 AM

I still can’t believe how bad their new map is! It feels like you’re trying to see something after you’ve just been staring at the sun.

Do you happen to know what their current upload policy is? That is, what do you get and how much does it cost, etc? Of course, that’s assuming that we’re talking about normal circumstances. ;-)

timberwolf
11-09-2019, 03:49 AM
I still can’t believe how bad their new map is! It feels like you’re trying to see something after you’ve just been staring at the sun.

Do you happen to know what their current upload policy is? That is, what do you get and how much does it cost, etc?

My understanding of it is you get a regional estimation but not sub regions.

https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?9647-Living-DNA-Results/page197 post 1970

firemonkey
11-09-2019, 01:53 PM
This is beyond a joke. Had to restart computer. Did so . Started Firefox which is set to restore the previous session . Clicked on the tab that had had the upload processing . It's gone back to "Who does this DNA belong to?"��

passenger
11-09-2019, 03:05 PM
This is beyond a joke. Had to restart computer. Did so . Started Firefox which is set to restore the previous session . Clicked on the tab that had had the upload processing . It's gone back to "Who does this DNA belong to?"��

Yup, same here. Trying again today. I realized last night that, according to their help page, they only accept uploads of .csv and .txt files, so I thought that might have been the initial problem in my case, but so far I haven't had any more luck with the correct file type. I'll try leaving the page open for longer, but I have no idea how long it's supposed to take.

JMcB
11-09-2019, 03:09 PM
My understanding of it is you get a regional estimation but not sub regions.

https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?9647-Living-DNA-Results/page197 post 1970

Thanks! Maybe I’ll try it just to see how it compares to the original.

Björnsson
11-09-2019, 04:16 PM
I'm just annoyed that they don't provide the same subclade between my son and I, even though they, Ancestry and Gedmatch all prove I'm his father. If they're using the same Sirius chip, why would they half-arse me with Z282 and give my son Z284? I'm wanting to see what subclade of Z284 we are--whether just Norse or also Scottish. I've got three matches outside my son: England, Ireland and America.Just grateful that it's not as bad as Ancestry DNA, because they only tested as deep as Z283 for my other son, which is upstream of my Z282, as well as his brother's Z284. So, Living DNA is better, but not consistent.

firemonkey
11-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Wheels still spinning! LDNA are making it crystal clear they don't want to process my data .

Reply from David Nicholson. I presume the barcode is the LD etc reference code.

We’ve been inundated with uploads which is amazing but the team are working around the clock to get through the tens of thousands of samples. Can you please let me know your barcode and we can look into it.

firemonkey
11-10-2019, 06:18 PM
Paul Simon plans to bring out an album called "Still spinning after all these years " :rolleyes:

timberwolf
11-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Paul Simon plans to bring out an album called "Still spinning after all these years " :rolleyes:

Clearly it is not going to happen. Another own goal from LDNA.

I would not worry about uploading any data, until they sort themselves out, if that ever happens.

nimavip
11-10-2019, 07:37 PM
I have the same problem uploading. Inspecting the network messages, I noticed their server responds with a "Failed to start an upload." Spinning wheel doesn't mean it's still processing; it has already failed. I have tried multiple browsers multiple times but the same result

firemonkey
11-10-2019, 07:47 PM
How do you inspect the network messages ?

nimavip
11-10-2019, 08:33 PM
Chrome and firefox have a debug tool built into them. Right click and pick “inspect element.” A panel opens up with a tab named “network.” All traffic appears there. While uploading look out for a 500 error code from their server

firemonkey
11-10-2019, 08:55 PM
I just see web developer and then - toggle , inspector , web console , debugger,network, style editor , performance , storage inspector,accessibility

First thing with network 304 get upload file document html

nimavip
11-10-2019, 09:01 PM
I’ll attach a screenshot as soon as I get behind my PC

nimavip
11-10-2019, 10:00 PM

nimavip
11-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Message reads:
{"errors":[{"source":"upload","title":"","detail":"Failed to start an upload"}]}

firemonkey
11-10-2019, 10:15 PM
I'm using Firefox and can't see the same as you have posted .

Well f*** me . It's just taken me back to the input data page so I had to start all over again. LDNA are effing idiots. >:(

nimavip
11-10-2019, 10:29 PM
Same time it was failing for me, it succeeded for three other people I know!

Amber29
11-10-2019, 10:34 PM
I uploaded LOTS of kits today and it all worked for me - i just kept refreshing the page and didnt even recieve email but got the results.

nimavip
11-10-2019, 10:48 PM
Did u refresh the page after the blue spinning wheel appeared?

firemonkey
11-10-2019, 10:50 PM
It's so frustrating. I just refreshed and it went to the 'Whose DNA' page .

passenger
11-10-2019, 11:06 PM
It's so frustrating. I just refreshed and it went to the 'Whose DNA' page .

Yep, that's all it does for me as well. I give up for now. As much as I love to see new ethnicity estimates (even crappy ones), there's no point in wasting all this time to receive what will probably be an extremely vague result. Maybe I'll try again during the week when they have more people working on processing the uploads.

Amber29
11-10-2019, 11:16 PM
Did u refresh the page after the blue spinning wheel appeared?

i dont think I even got the spinning wheel?

passenger
11-10-2019, 11:20 PM
i dont think I even got the spinning wheel?

What browser did you use? And what kind of raw data/file format?

Amber29
11-10-2019, 11:29 PM
What browser did you use? And what kind of raw data/file format?

i used ancestry 23andMe and FTDNA new format lol and my heritage. and browser is google chrome not sure if my location is an issue? lol i live in the UK

passenger
11-10-2019, 11:33 PM
i used ancestry 23andMe and FTDNA new format lol and my heritage. and browser is google chrome not sure if my location is an issue? lol i live in the UK

Hmm, maybe the location does matter, who knows? And did you use .txt or .csv format?

jonahst
11-10-2019, 11:40 PM
I'm having the same issue. I successfully uploaded my uncle's (23andMe v5) the other day, but haven't been able to upload any others (23andMe, Ancestry, and FTDNA) on the same account or others. I tried in multiple browsers and on multiple computers and even with VPN. Always the same issue.

firemonkey
11-10-2019, 11:42 PM
Hmm, maybe the location does matter, who knows? And did you use .txt or .csv format?

I live in the UK too, so it can't be down to location.

Amber29
11-11-2019, 12:06 AM

I actually used both to test it aswell maybe even the .gz

Amber29
11-11-2019, 12:07 AM
I live in the UK too, so it can't be down to location.

Thought id bring it out just incase you just never know lol

firemonkey
11-11-2019, 12:10 AM
It was a reasonable enough suggestion .

jelliedsoup
11-11-2019, 03:24 AM
Hey,

I uploaded my 23andMe results last year, and did have my results. Although now it seems they're no longer available.

When I login and select my ancestry I get:

Unfortunately you don't currently have recent ancestry
Looks like you don't have a recent ancestry test. Please click link below to purchase the upgrade.

Does that mean I need to purchase it to see the new/same results? Seems odd.

Jessie
11-11-2019, 06:56 AM
Hey,

I uploaded my 23andMe results last year, and did have my results. Although now it seems they're no longer available.

When I login and select my ancestry I get:

Unfortunately you don't currently have recent ancestry
Looks like you don't have a recent ancestry test. Please click link below to purchase the upgrade.

Does that mean I need to purchase it to see the new/same results? Seems odd.

Just upload again. I had the same message on an upload from earlier in the year.

timberwolf
11-11-2019, 07:12 AM
Just upload again. I had the same message on an upload from earlier in the year.

Have you been able to upload anything is the past couple of days?

Jessie
11-11-2019, 07:15 AM
Have you been able to upload anything is the past couple of days?

I've uploaded about 40 mins ago and it says processing. I'll see what happens. :)

timberwolf
11-11-2019, 07:19 AM
I've uploaded about 40 mins ago and it says processing. I'll see what happens. :)

OK I know Firemonkey has had problems trying to do so.

firemonkey
11-11-2019, 07:59 AM
Latest email from Nicholson :
Hi Tim

Thanks for the email, the original file seems to be all correct as far as we understand but what we also understand is there is a file called "LT0142493A" that you have uploaded DNA to that is not producing results? If you can confirm that would be great. We are releasing a feature this week where you can click to upgrade the LT0142493A but we can't see any orders that have been placed so far against this reference number.

What that has to do with uploading raw data from Ancestry DNA etc eludes me .

firemonkey
11-11-2019, 09:06 AM
Latest response from Nicholson .

Hi Tim

Thanks for the notification, we have spotted the problem. Anyone that uploaded prior to the new portal is being shown in testing when in fact the status should be completed. They are able to opt into family networks.

Then from this week they will be able to click a button to get a free continental ancestry breakdown and explore some interesting wellbeing traits as part of our new starter experience.

We are trying to find the problem with spinning wheel that you refer to as we've had thousands of uploads successfully done, but are keen to narrow down any bugs,

Warmest regards

David

Jessie
11-11-2019, 09:25 AM
OK I know Firemonkey has had problems trying to do so.

Still waiting. :) I'm kind of not expecting too much.

daragon39
11-11-2019, 09:44 AM
Still waiting. :) I'm kind of not expecting too much.

Looks to be working for me now.

Jessie
11-11-2019, 09:56 AM
No didn't work for me. It says I have to pay for an upgrade. Just bad.

daragon39
11-11-2019, 01:17 PM
No didn't work for me. It says I have to pay for an upgrade. Just bad.

Definitely a company that drops the ball a lot.

mildlycurly
11-11-2019, 01:23 PM
I was told this ancestry test from raw data was free, and the email I got from Living DNA seemed to imply that.

Instead I'm being charged £29.

This is a con.

firemonkey
11-11-2019, 01:41 PM
I think it's free for the basic result and £29 for sub regional results .

firemonkey
11-11-2019, 02:09 PM
And there's more from Nicholson .

Thanks Tim,

We found the issue it was people who had previously started uploads on the older system and not completed them where this is getting stuck. We've identified the bug and are clearing this out of the system for a fix in the next couple of days.

Warmest regards

David

What he omits is that the vast majority of that was due to faults on the older system that didn't allow people to complete the process.

mildlycurly
11-11-2019, 02:26 PM
I think it's free for the basic result and £29 for sub regional results .

I can't access any basic results.

nimavip
11-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Response from Living DNA:

Good Morning,

Thank you for getting in touch and for flagging this issue with us.

We are aware that something is not quite right with the upload process.

Please rest assured that we have noted that you have been affected by the error, our technical team is investigating this and we will come back to you as soon as possible with an update.

We appreciate your patience while we fix this.

Kind regards,

timberwolf
11-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Response from Living DNA:

Good Morning,

Thank you for getting in touch and for flagging this issue with us.

We are aware that something is not quite right with the upload process.

Please rest assured that we have noted that you have been affected by the error, our technical team is investigating this and we will come back to you as soon as possible with an update.

We appreciate your patience while we fix this.

Kind regards,

Patience the word most commonly used in relation to LivingDNA, well what is printable anyway.

rober_tce
11-11-2019, 07:01 PM
It seems that the problem with some free uploads is random, in my case I did another free upload and in 12 hours I had the results.

timberwolf
11-11-2019, 09:08 PM
Can anyone actually log in to LDNA at the moment?

nimavip
11-11-2019, 09:15 PM
Can anyone actually log in to LDNA at the moment?

I can log in

timberwolf
11-11-2019, 09:27 PM
Nope still cannot.

nimavip
11-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Does it say invalid credentials, or just freezes on u?

Kathlingram
11-11-2019, 10:31 PM
Nope still cannot.

If this is what you means ? I'm in..34553

timberwolf
11-11-2019, 10:50 PM
Does it say invalid credentials, or just freezes on u?

Freezes. I will worry about it again later.

firemonkey
11-11-2019, 11:56 PM
Anyone else getting a blank white space while trying to log in to LDNA?

tatals
11-11-2019, 11:58 PM
If this is what you means ? I'm in..34553

Kathlingram, did you take their lab tests or did you do the upload?

timberwolf
11-12-2019, 12:02 AM
Anyone else getting a blank white space while trying to log in to LDNA?

Yes been that way for about three hours.

StillWater
11-12-2019, 12:02 AM
You can now see your top 3 subregions for free on the main page.

firemonkey
11-12-2019, 09:00 AM
Woke up this morning to see I had an email saying results were ready . If only I could look at them instead of a blank white page .

tatals
11-12-2019, 11:49 AM
Woke up this morning to see I had an email saying results were ready . If only I could look at them instead of a blank white page .

Isn't there a problem with your browser? Have you tried another or maybe cleaning the cache?

emc
11-12-2019, 11:58 AM

I uploaded my father's data last night and the results were availabe by the morning.
Today I uploaded my mother's and it was processed in less than 1 hour.

firemonkey
11-12-2019, 12:02 PM
My browser works with all other sites. Just tried Chrome. Same problem. Cleared cache . Didn't fix things .

tatals
11-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Argh. Seems to be working fine here, so I don't know what else it could be. :(

firemonkey
11-12-2019, 12:09 PM
From David Nicholson.

Hi Tim

This is not going so well, bare with us. Can you please send me a screenshot?

Warmest regards

David

11-12-2019, 01:22 PM
Just so I understand correctly, I don’t want to read the whole thread, in order to get a result you have to upload your DNA again? So there then will be multiple profiles on your account?

Kathlingram
11-12-2019, 01:30 PM
Kathlingram, did you take their lab tests or did you do the upload?

I took Lab Test in 2017.. who is having blank screens? Just uploads? I did have my son and Sister as uploads but I took them out.. It was cumbersome and I had to have an extra email address for each.. and still no matches except my son..

I think it is a poor test for matches and the only value for me is the subregions in UK

tatals
11-12-2019, 02:39 PM
Just so I understand correctly, I don’t want to read the whole thread, in order to get a result you have to upload your DNA again? So there then will be multiple profiles on your account?

It's a mess right now. They said they're going to remove the old profiles, but so far I got all of mine, old and new, results and no results alike.

11-12-2019, 03:08 PM
It's a mess right now. They said they're going to remove the old profiles, but so far I got all of mine, old and new, results and no results alike.

Thanks, Just re uploaded my AncestryDNA file, looks like it’s processing at least.

nimavip
11-12-2019, 03:27 PM
They are “working” on it:

Thank you for your reply. We're sorry this is still an issue and we are working on getting this resolved. I will email you again when the issue is fixed.
Kind regards,
Amy

firemonkey
11-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Still the blank white screen.

11-12-2019, 04:49 PM
Still the blank white screen.

Is it the same if you log on, with your mobile? Or a different machine?

FionnSneachta
11-12-2019, 04:50 PM
Well I've re-uploaded my family's files so we'll see how they turn out.

firemonkey
11-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Is it the same if you log on, with your mobile? Or a different machine?

I just have my laptop i.e no smartphone or tablet . I've tried with Chrome,Firefox and Opera. Same problem with all of them. I now get to a page with a picture of a man and a tree . It has a blue rectangular log in box , but pressing that does nothing .

timberwolf
11-12-2019, 06:13 PM
I just have my laptop i.e no smartphone or tablet . I've tried with Chrome,Firefox and Opera. Same problem with all of them. I now get to a page with a picture of a man and a tree . It has a blue rectangular log in box , but pressing that does nothing .

Having exactly the same problem as you.

digital_noise
11-12-2019, 06:49 PM
Lol, for f*ck sake what happened to sorting this out before offering it to the public? This is like a pre-beta beta.

timberwolf
11-12-2019, 06:56 PM
How they are still in business, is one of the great mysteries of life. They are the keystone cops of genetic testing companies, except they are not funny.

MatAust21
11-12-2019, 09:27 PM
Maybe I am just having luck, but I haven't found any bugs, or nothing of the sort.

I have one account with actual saliva samples, and one with raw data uploads. Both work fine.

firemonkey
11-12-2019, 10:27 PM
Finally got through and paid for full results . 100% Great Britain and Ireland . Not much difference from the update of my original paid results . This contradicts having several matches at My heritage that are 100% Scandinavian .

Some also form a matrix at FTDNA - and share only Scandinavian in common with me at My heritage . These are on chromosome 7 . 23andMe indicates that part of chromosome 7 is Scandinavian .

It may, of course, be a case of false positives, and I may be interpreting things badly, but I'd say although the Scandinavian is small it's actually there.

timberwolf
11-12-2019, 10:31 PM
Finally got through and paid for full results . 100% Great Britain and Ireland . Not much difference from the update of my original paid results . This contradicts having several matches at My heritage that are 100% Scandinavian .

Some also form a matrix at FTDNA - and share only Scandinavian in common with me at My heritage . These are on chromosome 7 . 23andMe indicates that part of chromosome 7 is Scandinavian .

It may, of course, be a case of false positives, and I may be interpreting things badly, but I'd say although the Scandinavian is small it's actually there.

You are lucky. Still cannot log in.

nimavip
11-12-2019, 11:48 PM

Did u have the case of "spinning wheel" in the beginning?

firemonkey
11-13-2019, 12:23 AM
Did u have the case of "spinning wheel" in the beginning?

Yes ,I did .

nimavip
11-13-2019, 12:26 AM
Yes ,I did .

You're lucky. I still see the wheel :biggrin1:

timberwolf
11-13-2019, 02:09 AM
You're lucky. I still see the wheel :biggrin1:

I still cannot log in.

daragon39
11-13-2019, 03:33 AM
How they are still in business, is one of the great mysteries of life. They are the keystone cops of genetic testing companies, except they are not funny.

Because people like us get the bug of curiosity and buy in, only realizing too late we've been had.

timberwolf
11-13-2019, 03:43 AM
Because people like us get the bug of curiosity and buy in, only realizing too late we've been had.

I think with them it is more performance issues, they seem to find ways to get things wrong, while other companies get things for the most part right.

nimavip
11-13-2019, 03:54 PM
Received an email from customer service saying upload issue has been fixed. I logged in and uploaded a couple of raw data. Waiting for results. But seems to be working fine now.

J1 DYS388=13
11-13-2019, 04:05 PM
My old results have just reappeared on the new dashboard. I'm using Chrome.

sktibo
11-13-2019, 09:28 PM
My parents uploaded results have re appeared without changes

timberwolf
11-13-2019, 09:41 PM
My parents uploaded results have re appeared without changes

After 48 hours still cannot log in. Contacted their support team.

Garimund
11-13-2019, 09:45 PM
I just uploaded my data to them. Hopefully they do something with it this time.

sktibo
11-13-2019, 09:47 PM
After 48 hours still cannot log in. Contacted their support team.

Yeah they're a mess. Not only do we still not have an Irish update rolled out to the customer base, instead they made a completely unnecessary change to their site which has resulted in all sorts of technical problems.
They should have rolled out autosomal updates to improve their test in order to get more business via recommendations IMO, but instead of that they continue to waste time on their matching service, which they clearly don't have the skills or resources to develop, and in re-formatting their website... I think we're on the count-down until this company goes under.

timberwolf
11-13-2019, 09:55 PM
Yeah they're a mess. Not only do we still not have an Irish update rolled out to the customer base, instead they made a completely unnecessary change to their site which has resulted in all sorts of technical problems.
They should have rolled out autosomal updates to improve their test in order to get more business via recommendations IMO, but instead of that they continue to waste time on their matching service, which they clearly don't have the skills or resources to develop, and in re-formatting their website... I think we're on the count-down until this company goes under.

!00 % agree. Very very frustrating. Patience does not cut it.

firemonkey
11-13-2019, 10:03 PM
!00 % agree. Very very frustrating. Patience does not cut it.

This is what I was told as to the problems I'd been having.

Hi Tim

The tech team identified a problem with one of your profiles (uploaded sets of DNA) that meant it got stuck on a white screen. We have changed the profile that loads when you sign in so this will work however please don't click on the profile with the ID code LT0***689A, the team are working on a fix this week so that broken uploads will not cause the white screen problem.

timberwolf
11-13-2019, 10:40 PM
This is what I was told as to the problems I'd been having.

Yes it was when I was uploading that it went white.

Garimund
11-13-2019, 10:53 PM

How long did it take after upload to get the results?

firemonkey
11-13-2019, 11:46 PM
How long did it take after upload to get the results?

I don't remember precisely . Around 12 hours?

sktibo
11-14-2019, 12:30 AM
So I got my free result for my uploaded 23andme kit on Living DNA, not promising...

First off, no Native American percentage, that's pretty big miss considering how consistent this is on all my other tests, including my full version (Orion chip) Living DNA test.
Then it has 94.8% Britain/Ireland indicating it may not have a better grasp on continental ancestry. Would have been more promising to see some German appear. I can forgive a test for mixing up French, Dutch, and English ancestry, but this is Eastern German.. even ancestry has it at about the right amount now for both my mother and myself.
And they want FIFTY-NINE Canadian dollars to unlock the full version of these results. That's insane.

timberwolf
11-14-2019, 12:36 AM
So I got my free result for my uploaded 23andme kit on Living DNA, not promising...

First off, no Native American percentage, that's pretty big miss considering how consistent this is on all my other tests, including my full version (Orion chip) Living DNA test.
Then it has 94.8% Britain/Ireland indicating it may not have a better grasp on continental ancestry. Would have been more promising to see some German appear. I can forgive a test for mixing up French, Dutch, and English ancestry, but this is Eastern German.. even ancestry has it at about the right amount now for both my mother and myself.
And they want FIFTY-NINE Canadian dollars to unlock the full version of these results. That's insane.

How long did those results take?

sktibo
11-14-2019, 12:46 AM
How long did those results take?

Not long... maybe four hours.

Nqp15hhu
11-14-2019, 01:05 AM
So what are your regions Sktibo?

sktibo
11-14-2019, 01:15 AM
So what are your regions Sktibo?

Nqp15hhu
11-14-2019, 01:16 AM
Is that accurate for you?

sktibo
11-14-2019, 01:20 AM
Is that accurate for you?

Read my signature, you can compare it to that.

timberwolf
11-14-2019, 01:21 AM
Still cannot get into my main account. However the second one in which I was able to upload with my FMP upload, I can access.

I was able to upload two files so when I have those results I will post results.

Garimund
11-14-2019, 01:40 AM
My upload results from my 23andme data:

Great Britain and Ireland
100%

Central England
29.9%

Ireland
15.4%

Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland
15.2%

South Central England
14.6%

South England
5.5%

South Wales Border
3.7%

Northwest Scotland
3%

North Wales
2.9%

Northwest England
2.8%

East Anglia
2.7%

Aberdeenshire
2.4%

Lincolnshire
1.8%

Nqp15hhu
11-14-2019, 01:49 AM
hmm. Very suspicious results. I am from Northern Ireland with only a small connection to ROI. I am about a third Ulster Scots.

So why would my Ireland be SO high? How do I get the Cautious etc?

Great Britain and Ireland - 100%

Ireland - 85.1% :D

Northwest Scotland - 8% :\

Cumbria - 5.1%

Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland - 1.8%

Why is my Northern Ireland percentage SO small? I was born in Northern Ireland and my family is all from here!

I am very shocked at these results.

Nqp15hhu
11-14-2019, 01:52 AM
I have a big chunk of Presbyterian ancestry and only one line in Donegal, so where is this crazy 85% Ireland coming from? I literally have little connection to ROI. I am beyond shocked at these results.

I honestly expected like 10% Ireland.

I will have to take time to condense that I am not what I thought I was.

sktibo
11-14-2019, 01:52 AM
hmm. Very suspicious results. I am from Northern Ireland with only a small connection to ROI. I am about a third Ulster Scots.

So why would my Ireland be SO high? How do I get the Cautious etc?

Great Britain and Ireland - 100%

Ireland - 85.1% :D

Northwest Scotland - 8% :\

Cumbria - 5.1%

Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland - 1.8%

Why is my Northern Ireland percentage SO small? I was born in Northern Ireland and my family is all from here!

I am very shocked at these results.

Actually some of the NW Scotland markers are in Northern Ireland.. it's really the Ireland 85.1% that's the most telling. It looks like a little bit more evidence that you're actually much more of native Irish stock than your family history indicates IMO
Interesting results, thanks for sharing them

Nqp15hhu
11-14-2019, 01:53 AM
Actually some of the NW Scotland markers are in Northern Ireland.. it's really the Ireland 85.1% that's the most telling. It looks like a little bit more evidence that you're actually much more of native Irish stock than your family history indicates IMO
Interesting results, thanks for sharing them

How is that possible though? Isn't the Ireland category for like deepest Ireland i.e. Cork?

sktibo
11-14-2019, 01:55 AM
How is that possible though? Isn't the Ireland category for like deepest Ireland i.e. Cork?

Easily, people from Donegal are the most distinct genetic Irish group, and generally from the north of Ireland after them. Review the three major genetic studies which include Irish data; but I think the most telling evidence is that when compared with ancient genomes it is the native Irish from the north of Ireland who have the most genetic drift in common

Ireland category is a mixture of samples from all over the ROI

What's REALLY interesting is how closely in line these results are with your Ancestry DNA.. IIRC that's ~90% Ireland/Scotland yes?

Nqp15hhu
11-14-2019, 01:56 AM
Again that's only one line..

Nqp15hhu
11-14-2019, 02:04 AM
Easily, people from Donegal are the most distinct genetic Irish group, and generally from the north of Ireland after them. Review the three major genetic studies which include Irish data; but I think the most telling evidence is that when compared with ancient genomes it is the native Irish from the north of Ireland who have the most genetic drift in common

Ireland category is a mixture of samples from all over the ROI

What's REALLY interesting is how closely in line these results are with your Ancestry DNA.. IIRC that's ~90% Ireland/Scotland yes?

So does this mean I have more in common with somebody in Cork than in my own country, despite having family in Northern Ireland for hundreds of years? 👀😑 I am very shocked at these results.

It is close to ancestry but I had assumed that this was because it was a mix of Scottish and Irish. The Gc’s pointed me in that way.

I don’t know if I can trust these results. The whole Ireland and Northern Ireland thing is throwing me left field. How can I only be 1.8% Northern Irish? 🙄 WHAT

sktibo
11-14-2019, 02:04 AM
Again that's only one line..

What do you mean? I'm not referring to your family history I'm referring to the pattern we see over and over again with your results, and you asked how this is possible, and it would be possible because in the north of Ireland the native Irish groups are very distinct, more so than the rest of Ireland according to the recent study including Scotland. All signs point you being very Irish, now whatever the reason for that may be, I don't know, but it looks like you've started to investigate it on some other threads. It's interesting by the way.

So does this mean I have more in common with somebody in Cork than in my own country? ���� I am very shocked at these results.

It is close to ancestry but I had assumed that this was because it was a mix of Scottish and Irish. The Gc’s pointed me in that way.

It definitely looks like you're more similar genetically to people in the ROI than you are to the people of British descent in Northern Ireland - but to verify that we would need a larger sample of Northern Irish people. IIRC, Jonathan McGuinness is also Northern Irish and his results were generally similar to yours, but if I am not mistaken he was a bit less Irish like. There are people in the North of Ireland who are genetically mostly of native Irish stock.

In case you're wondering where these ideas of mine come from, they're just from the three major studies involving Irish DNA which are as far as I remember free to read online and aren't really that long either so I strongly suggest you read up on those and look over the graphs and the data they present rather than just taking my word for it.

Nqp15hhu
11-14-2019, 02:06 AM
Actually it’s depressing because I identified more with my Ulster Scots side.

Does this mean that the Ulster Scots side of my family tree is converts?

sktibo
11-14-2019, 02:11 AM
@Nqp15hhu

Here's a quick snip of a genetic map of northern Ireland, blue squares = Scottish / British settlers, Yellow Circles = native Irish. See how there's a lot of both in Northern Ireland?

You definitely are not the only person living in Northern Ireland who is more similar to those in the ROI.

Actually it’s depressing because I identified more with my Ulster Scots side.

Does this mean that the Ulster Scots side of my family tree is converts?

I dunno what it means. It's up to you to find out what mysteries your family ancestry holds, but DNA tests are more often disappointing than not I suspect.

Nqp15hhu
11-14-2019, 02:13 AM
15% of 30% is 50% though, so maybe not? Perhaps I exaggerated the British contribution to that side.

My grandfathers results would tell the true story.

sktibo
11-14-2019, 02:18 AM
15% of 30% is 50% though, so maybe not? Perhaps I exaggerated the British contribution to that side.

When I first started DNA testing I was really disappointed because my results showed a lot of English, and coming from a background of interest with all things Celtic, I found this to be a bit crushing. Someone said to me "We are what we are, not what we wish to be" and I had to get over it. Took a lot of staring my DNA tests and google searches though, and hey, if I'm being perfectly honest I'd still rather have more of my ancestry come from Scotland (and Ireland if I can ever find a connection there.)
It's definitely not the same situation as yours but I wanted you to know that DNA test results are disappointing but maybe it's good that we are faced with challenges to our preconceptions or ideas.

Nqp15hhu
11-14-2019, 02:24 AM
The problem though is that this affects our identity in Northern Ireland. I can’t really go round calling myself Northern Irish lol.

That’s who I am culturally though.

sktibo
11-14-2019, 02:26 AM
The problem though is that this affects our identity in Northern Ireland. I can’t really go round calling myself Northern Irish lol.

If it's culturally who you are then that's who you are in my estimation. You are just more likely to have much deeper roots upon that ground you walk, and I think that's really cool.

Nqp15hhu
11-14-2019, 02:39 AM
So is the nw highlands not Scottish?

sktibo
11-14-2019, 02:53 AM
So is the nw highlands not Scottish?

It can be, but it can also be Irish. The best way to look at this is to compare your results to others. Take a look at the results that FionnSneachta posted in the results thread, all from individuals who are entirely Irish. Aside from Ireland, they had NW Scotland, SW Scotland, Cumbria, and Northumbria regions. That means that a native Irish person can get those regions as well, so there is some overlap. In your case, we don't know what it represents with complete certainty. It definitely could be representing Scottish ancestry. Your results could also be interpreted as being from someone who is entirely of Irish ancestry.
What do we know for sure about this? Not much that you didn't already know I'm afraid.

Garimund
11-14-2019, 03:29 AM
Sktibo, what did you think of my results? I didn’t get my ~.7% African, but maybe because of its minuscule amount. For myself being predominately English and Ulster, I think they were fair.

sktibo
11-14-2019, 03:35 AM
Sktibo, what did you think of my results? I didn’t get my ~.7% African, but maybe because of its minuscule amount. For myself being predominately English and Ulster, I think they were fair.

Really hard to tell because Living DNA seems to do an even worse job of splitting Britain from the continent than say, Ancestry does in many cases. I was pretty shocked that my upload shows ~95% Britain and only ~5% Eastern Europe outside of that. Using myself as a point of comparison, all we can tell from that is that I'm at least 5% more non-British than you... which tells us just about nothing! I am very tempted to unlock what regions Living DNA did assign me but my God that asking price is so high.

Garimund
11-14-2019, 03:39 AM
I thought you got 56.6 British? With some french and Balkan and mesoamerican?

sktibo
11-14-2019, 03:41 AM
I thought you got 56.6 British? With some french and Balkan and mesoamerican?

I did on my actual test, but on my upload (23andme v3), I got 94.8 British, 5.2 Eastern Europe, and 0 Mesoamerican.
Yours is an upload from 23andme as well, correct?

Garimund
11-14-2019, 03:44 AM
I did on my actual test, but on my upload (23andme v3), I got 94.8 British, 5.2 Eastern Europe, and 0 Mesoamerican.

Yes, v4.. that’s kind of disappointing they were so different with their upload vs actual test. I’m kind of interested in your regions now too.

sktibo
11-14-2019, 03:50 AM
Yes, v4.. that’s kind of disappointing they were so different with their upload vs actual test. I’m kind of interested in your regions now too.

Wanna send me 59 CAD? (Seriously Living DNA WTF is with that price!?)
(Kidding)

Yeah they're ridiculously different, they were before as well. My previous upload results were as follows:

Northumbria 22.8
Aberdeenshire 19
NW Scotland 15.8
South England 5.8
South Central England 4.7
SW Scotland and NI 4.6
Cumbria 4.4
Ireland 4.3
Central England 3
South Wales 1.7
Devon 1.4
Orkney 1.4
Lincolnshire 1.2
North Yorkshire 1.1
---
East Balkans 5.1
Mesoamerica 1.4

So it seems they've been re-run since those ones disappeared.. glad I keep screenshots of all of these.

daragon39
11-14-2019, 04:35 AM
Really hard to tell because Living DNA seems to do an even worse job of splitting Britain from the continent than say, Ancestry does in many cases. I was pretty shocked that my upload shows ~95% Britain and only ~5% Eastern Europe outside of that. Using myself as a point of comparison, all we can tell from that is that I'm at least 5% more non-British than you... which tells us just about nothing! I am very tempted to unlock what regions Living DNA did assign me but my God that asking price is so high.

British and Scandinavian seem to be way overly estimated to me, but so is Scandinavia. While I do have SOME British and Scandinavian it definitely isn't no where near 75.8% British and 20.1% Scandinavian, it's more like 1/3 of what they give me for both.

sktibo
11-14-2019, 04:40 AM
British and Scandinavian seem to be way overly estimated to me, but so is Scandinavia. While I do have SOME British and Scandinavian it definitely isn't no where near 75.8% British and 20.1% Scandinavian, it's more like 1/3 of what they give me for both.

I posted a comparison of my upload and my orion test results in either this thread or the results thread.. the orion test has me at about 56% British/Irish and the upload has me at about 95%. Wouldn't be surprised if there are some significant compatibility problems with the uploads or something like that.

daragon39
11-14-2019, 04:46 AM
I posted a comparison of my upload and my orion test results in either this thread or the results thread.. the orion test has me at about 56% British/Irish and the upload has me at about 95%. Wouldn't be surprised if there are some significant compatibility problems with the uploads or something like that.

I should have mentioned it, but that was the Orion results for me not an upload. But you're probably right about compatibility.

sktibo
11-14-2019, 04:51 AM
I should have mentioned it, but that was the Orion results for me not an upload. But you're probably right about compatibility.

All the more interesting that those were Orion results.

FWIW, at least Living DNA entertains us.

Natea
11-14-2019, 04:52 AM
Totally agree. Nothing has changed. It's mostly guff - asking you to pay more. I still have only one match (vs 34000+ on Ancestry and 1900+ on 23andMe), and they STILL won't show me any Ancestry reports despite being a member for more than a year and paying them money last week...they're shocking.

Natea
11-14-2019, 04:54 AM
Me neither - it has all gone - and I paid them last week thinking I would then be able to see it again - but noooo. Scammers.

sktibo
11-14-2019, 04:56 AM
Me neither - it has all gone - and I paid them last week thinking I would then be able to see it again - but noooo. Scammers.

I suspect it's more likely to be incompetence or something along those lines than a deliberate scam... but I'm not sure if that's better...

Natea
11-14-2019, 05:11 AM
Yeah...I agree, I emailed them and got an incompetent answer. SO I pushed and got a supervisor who admitted they'd messed up...but STILL NOTHING...
I'm not very impressed.

Rufus191
11-14-2019, 12:45 PM

Until LivingDNA integrates its Ireland update I wouldn't pay much attention to it, it may not be accurate. Have you done an Ancestry test? They have very good coverage of Ireland now (possibly from Irish DNA Atlas data although they have not confirmed that).

Nqp15hhu
11-14-2019, 12:47 PM
I thought it was already integrated? If that’s the case maybe it’s not right the

Garimund
11-14-2019, 12:47 PM

For what it’s worth, my AncestryDNA uploaded kit receives 100% British & Irish as well.

I didnt order the regions this time, but looking at the highlighted regional map for this kit, they look fairly the same as my 23andme upload.

firemonkey
11-14-2019, 02:18 PM
Still waiting for my father's results it's been over 24 hours .

As Sonny and Cher sang when waiting for their results - "And the wait goes on" 18:16 nothing yet re my father's results .

Rufus191
11-14-2019, 04:39 PM
I thought it was already integrated? If that’s the case maybe it’s not right the
No, I am not aware they have yet integrated any of the data they got from their 2018 sample requests.

sktibo
11-14-2019, 04:49 PM

You are correct, it was, to some extent. Before people who were entirely Irish, IIRC, like Jessie only got 50% Ireland. I think FionnSneachta got even less, most of her results were SW Scotland and NI. Their previous Irish reference population was .... 6. So, they were more or less forced to add the samples they had to it as it was.

kiterunner
11-14-2019, 11:55 PM
My "Recent Ancestry" is back, exactly the same as it was before.

daragon39
11-15-2019, 02:15 AM
You are correct, it was, to some extent. Before people who were entirely Irish, IIRC, like Jessie only got 50% Ireland. I think FionnSneachta got even less, most of her results were SW Scotland and NI. Their previous Irish reference population was .... 6. So, they were more or less forced to add the samples they had to it as it was.

My kit was never updated to show Irish. I should have around 20%, but they give me nothing.

sktibo
11-15-2019, 02:28 AM
My kit was never updated to show Irish. I should have around 20%, but they give me nothing.

Yeah, Living DNA never figured out a way to do it for everyone at once, but many people received updates which improved this region for them. IIRC you're not alone either in not having this updated. If I were you I'd start to email them or ask them on facebook to do this for you. You might get a CSR who gives you a generic "we dont do manual updates for customers" response but don't let it stop you. At least, that's what I would do. Living DNA have updated my results.... I think I'm on the fourth time now.

firemonkey
11-15-2019, 09:42 AM
Still waiting for my father's results .

Kathlingram
11-15-2019, 02:31 PM
Yeah, Living DNA never figured out a way to do it for everyone at once, but many people received updates which improved this region for them. IIRC you're not alone either in not having this updated. If I were you I'd start to email them or ask them on facebook to do this for you. You might get a CSR who gives you a generic "we dont do manual updates for customers" response but don't let it stop you. At least, that's what I would do. Living DNA have updated my results.... I think I'm on the fourth time now.

I also asked and got an update.. My Irish was poor and nothing outside of UK when I tested 4/2017 so I leaned on them and I got 34% Ireland, 2.7% NI, 2.4% Aberdeenshire ( Which are clearly my Donegal folks who went back and forth) and 3.2% Scandinavia.. And I have to say they asked me what I was missing and I said I had 3rd Great grandparents from Sweden.. so not sure they did not just "give " me that..
I do feel their North Wales 19% is accurate as well as little bits of Cornwall and Devon as right now 23andme and AncestryDNA have highlighted those areas.. I have North Wales Geographic Community with considerable matches and 23andme shows me those break out areas..

Euganeo
11-15-2019, 05:19 PM
I upgraded for free in LivingDNA, and I confess the results seem "outdated", in the sense they resemble old versions' of commercial companies. LivingDNA may work fine for UK, but not for South Europe, for example. Not yet.
(I used third party Raw Data.)

firemonkey
11-15-2019, 06:09 PM
It seems my father's got stuck in the pipeline . I was told the reference would be removed , and to reupload the raw data . I've just done that. LDNA need to work on improving the technical side of things .

boilermeschew827
11-15-2019, 07:09 PM
For kicks, I submitted my AncestryDNA kit in for the regional analysis:

Not sure where the other 6.6% went, but this is way more accurate than my updated swab test.

(swab test)
57.3% Europe (East)
- 42.2% NE Europe
- 9.3% Finland and NW Russia
- 5.8% Baltics

29.6% Europe (North and West)
- 29.6% Germanic
- 10.4% Scandinavia

13.1% GB and Ireland
- Scotland and Ireland 13.1%

Most noticeably is the southern Europe as potential proxy for my absent French.

Seems like there is A LOT of uncertainty with the way they are producing these results.

edit - that should have read "way more accurate"