PDA

View Full Version : J1a2b1-P58

Sveytik
11-06-2019, 09:08 AM
Hello,

i had a haplogroup prediction result, from Mytrueancestry,
the third rate represents the J1a2b1-P58,
but why did i get more than one haplogroup?
Some of my relatives claim to be J1 descendants, does my result confirm their claiming?

my second question, is that on Mytrueancestry, it was mentionned as following:
J1a2b1-P58 -Late Period Ancient Egypt,
does this mean that my ancestors are from this area? or is it just an information about where this group was found for the 1st time?

Thank you.

Ilgar
11-06-2019, 12:55 PM
Hello. Could you please post your STR markers here?

Sveytik
11-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Im totally new in this field, so where can i find the STR markers? :\

SUPREEEEEME
11-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Hello,

i had a haplogroup prediction result, from Mytrueancestry,
the third rate represents the J1a2b1-P58,
but why did i get more than one haplogroup?
Some of my relatives claim to be J1 descendants, does my result confirm their claiming?

does this mean that my ancestors are from this area? or is it just an information about where this group was found for the 1st time?

Thank you.

Mytrueancestry don't provide haplogroup predictions. If you want to know the paternal line of your family, you should test your father/brother (if applicable).

That's just an ancient sample you match autosomally. It doesn't necessarily mean your ancestors are from there.

Mario411
12-13-2019, 08:44 PM
Hello,
New to the forum which I see to be invaluable with its knowledgeable members. I am a J1a2b-P58 with my SNP add ending with Z18294. Where would I go from here as my search turns up nothing or no one here otherwise making that inquiry. Thanks in advance.

palamede
12-16-2019, 05:03 PM
Hello,
New to the forum which I see to be invaluable with its knowledgeable members. I am a J1a2b-P58 with my SNP add ending with Z18294. Where would I go from here as my search turns up nothing or no one here otherwise making that inquiry. Thanks in advance.

https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Z18293/

konian lusitanum
04-26-2020, 05:04 AM
my true ancestry is just a machine of collecting DNA samples for business purposes not a testing company