PDA

View Full Version : Kiss your privacy goodbye

Amerijoe
11-06-2019, 03:10 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/05/business/dna-database-search-warrant.html

AJL
11-06-2019, 03:25 PM
I don't see how it can be legal to access the data of non-US people who have not given their consent to law enforcement. If this is how US authorities treat non-Americans, expect to see a dramatic decrease in the number of non-US people in US databases (which is all of them except Living DNA, IIRC).

mildlycurly
11-06-2019, 03:27 PM
I don't see how it can be legal to access the data of non-US people who have not given their consent to law enforcement. If this is how US authorities treat non-Americans, expect to see a dramatic decrease in the number of non-US people in US databases (which is all of them except Living DNA, IIRC).

Myheritage is Israeli.

Regardless, I have NOT given consent for law enforcement to use my data. If they did, I would likely have grounds to sue them.

This is a legal clusterscrew waiting to happen.

AJL
11-06-2019, 03:30 PM
MyHeritage is Israeli, but I believe they use FTDNA's lab service, so there may also be an American database with customer info.

vettor
11-06-2019, 09:46 PM
Your privacy was lost when you joined the internet
.....your dna is lost if you are born after 1984, via blood taken for disease testing at birth

Saetro
12-14-2019, 12:31 AM
Your privacy was lost when you joined the internet
.....your dna is lost if you are born after 1984, via blood taken for disease testing at birth

Wow.
You mean us older people can disappear off the grid?
The benefits of age!

vettor
12-14-2019, 10:53 PM
Wow.
You mean us older people can disappear off the grid?
The benefits of age!

as a fello australian.........u know they take blood samples of children born .........they say to check on diseases, but, you never know

I had to be tested for my blood before the birth of first child , because my wife is A- ..........apparently rare

Robbiem1
12-20-2019, 09:55 AM
as a fello australian.........u know they take blood ..., but, you never know

I quite agree. The horse has long since bolted.