PDA

View Full Version : F1a1 or F1a2 admixure among Indians

tipirneni
11-09-2019, 04:49 PM
Any Indian getting big F1a1 or F1a2 matches on GED or any other way ? It seems F1a1 & F1a2 mtDNA kits are having match with Indian kits in SE Asia & South Asia segments.

I am getting atleast 4 samples in top 1000 GED hits on my kits in SE Asian and South Asian segments.

AlluGobi
02-22-2021, 10:53 PM
I have a match on 23andme who's F1d mtdna, and L-M357 Y-dna. I'm pretty certain he's Kashmiri due to his name and results.

tipirneni
02-22-2021, 11:44 PM
I have a match on 23andme who's F1d mtdna, and L-M357 Y-dna. I'm pretty certain he's Kashmiri due to his name and results.

F1 was found among Huns. The Kashmiri might be due to long Huna settlement in Kashmir.

AlluGobi
02-23-2021, 09:32 AM
F1 was found among Huns. The Kashmiri might be due to long Huna settlement in Kashmir.

Could be, but it is found in Tibet and all over East Asia as well, so who knows.

tipirneni
02-23-2021, 11:54 PM
Mitochondrial DNA polymorphism was analysed in a sample of 108 Croatians from the Adriatic Island isolate
of Hvar. Besides typically European varieties of human maternal lineages, haplogroup F was found in a
considerable frequency (8.3%). This haplogroup is most frequent in southeast Asia but has not been reported
before in Europe. The genealogical analysis of haplogroup F cases from Hvar suggested founder effect.

https://www.nature.com/articles/5200709.pdf?origin=ppub

a maternal
lineage, likely arising in the early Upper Palaeolithic
period in southeastern Asia, has found a route to Europe
and, probably because of random genetic drift, couldbecome a significant component of mtDNA variety in an
isolated Adriatic island population. We have also demonstrated that a detailed phylogeographic analysis makes
possible the tracing of this lineage back to its possible
geographic origin among eastern-central Asian populations. This, in turn, suggests historic and demographic
events possibly explaining the presence of mtDNA
haplogroup F in Europe.