PDA

View Full Version : FGC beta autosomal ancestry analysis

FGC Corp
12-30-2019, 01:33 AM
If you want to participate, please contact support [at] fullgenomes [dot] com. We would need a 23andme, MyHeritage, Ancestry.com, FTDNA, or LivingDNA snp file. We can also work with whole genome data.

We would also want the best information that each person has on their known ancestry (based on their own genealogy research). Also, if you have tested with one of the companies above, it would be helpful to provide copies of those results.

Best,

FGC Corp
Justin

timberwolf
12-30-2019, 07:35 PM
If you want to participate, please contact support [at] fullgenomes [dot] com. We would need a 23andme, MyHeritage, Ancestry.com, FTDNA, or LivingDNA snp file. We can also work with whole genome data.

We would also want the best information that each person has on their known ancestry (based on their own genealogy research). Also, if you have tested with one of the companies above, it would be helpful to provide copies of those results.

Best,

FGC Corp
Justin

When are you thinking of rolling this out and how detailed will the ancestry report be? Thanks

FGC Corp
12-30-2019, 09:10 PM
When are you thinking of rolling this out and how detailed will the ancestry report be? Thanks

Still in development. We plan on using more than 1,000 reference populations. However, the beta will be used to refine the analysis based on the feedback of participants.

Discussion group:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/y-chromosome-fgc-analytical-discussions

digital_noise
12-30-2019, 09:35 PM
Id be interested..I have tested with every company you mentioned.

FGC Corp
12-30-2019, 09:36 PM
Id be interested..I have tested with every company you mentioned.

As I mentioned, if you want to participate, please contact support [at] fullgenomes [dot] com.

timberwolf
12-30-2019, 10:19 PM
As I mentioned, if you want to participate, please contact support [at] fullgenomes [dot] com.

I have already got my YDNA uploaded on fullgenome, can you do an ancestry estimate be done from that data? Just to clarify

FGC Corp
12-30-2019, 10:25 PM
I have already got my YDNA uploaded on fullgenome, can you do an ancestry estimate be done from that data? Just to clarify

We would need data from 23andme, Ancestry.com, MyHeritage, FTDNA, or a whole genome test. YDNA wouldn't be sufficient.

FGC Corp
12-30-2019, 11:25 PM
We would need data from 23andme, Ancestry.com, MyHeritage, FTDNA, or a whole genome test. YDNA wouldn't be sufficient.

In the beta phase, analysis would be free. I think we all know that analyzing European samples can be challenging (which is why most of the other companies make many errors).

One of the reasons for this is the very low genetic diversity in Europe (particularly in Northern Europeans). That's why we would use beta samples to refine and improve the analysis.

In my own case, my Scandinavian scores vary from 0% to 18% across the four major companies, when the real score = 0%.

That's an example where we should be able to do better.
We should be able to leverage the participation of everyone (who wants to).

Nino90
12-31-2019, 12:04 AM
I just sent you guys an Email.
Thanks in advance.
/ Nino

FGC Corp
12-31-2019, 12:24 AM
Ideally, we would like to recruit 1,000 beta participants.
Spread the word, if you can.

FGC Corp
12-31-2019, 02:04 AM
For record keeping, it is better to set this up through the website:
https://www.fullgenomes.com/purchases/147/?

Cost = $1

(minimal charge to go thru website)

The system then generates a kit code and records contact information.

JerryS.
12-31-2019, 03:33 AM

Cost = $1

I did this, but have not been given a kit number nor any prompts to upload my raw data.

JMcB
12-31-2019, 04:04 AM

Cost = $1

Iíve already sent my file and all the attendant information to support as previously suggested. So Iíll wait to get a response before generating a kit. Just to avoid causing a duplication of any kind. Needless to say, Iíll gladly pay the fee once things are straightened out.

timberwolf
12-31-2019, 04:10 AM
I will wait until everything is up and running, before I do.

FGC Corp
12-31-2019, 04:25 AM
I did this, but have not been given a kit number nor any prompts to upload my raw data.

Were you able to reach support?
[email protected]

JerryS.
12-31-2019, 04:27 AM
I've been in contact with you via e-mail.

FGC Corp
12-31-2019, 04:53 AM
To make things easier to track, I have set-up an email account specifically for this project:

fgcbeta [at] fullgenomes [dot] com

firemonkey
12-31-2019, 11:57 AM
I'm a little confused. I've already sent my raw data etc. Do I also now have to sign up and wait for a kit to arrive ?

JMcB
12-31-2019, 03:02 PM
To make things easier to track, I have set-up an email account specifically for this project:

fgcbeta [at] fullgenomes [dot] com

Just to clear up any confusion, some of us have already been in contact with support and have send our files and supporting information directly to them. Will they be able to handle that for us? Or do you want us to resend the information to the address above?

FGC Corp
12-31-2019, 05:57 PM
Just to clear up any confusion, some of us have already been in contact with support and have send our files and supporting information directly to them. Will they be able to handle that for us? Or do you want us to resend the information to the address above?

Support is the same person. No need to send new data if you've sent before.

FGC Corp
12-31-2019, 05:59 PM
I'm a little confused. I've already sent my raw data etc. Do I also now have to sign up and wait for a kit to arrive ?

No need to send a kit for this beta.

JMcB
12-31-2019, 09:35 PM
Support is the same person. No need to send new data if you've sent before.

Thank you! Theyíve already contacted me.

Good luck with your new project!

digital_noise
01-04-2020, 09:02 PM
so, paid the 1$, the kit is registered, autosomal file sent. Whats next?

Also, is it possible to register more than one person under my account? Or would they all need to do it separately? I've a lot of family autosomal files, but none of them really care about this stuff so its highly unlikely they would participate if it required any effort on their part.

JMcB
01-04-2020, 09:05 PM

I believe they will email us once they have our results.

JFWinstone
01-04-2020, 09:15 PM
I tried to pick UK in the drop down box for country but it seems that it is missing from the list :\ So I just picked US but all the other details are UK details. NVM it was randomly under Gabon :\

FGC Corp
01-04-2020, 09:47 PM

Also, is it possible to register more than one person under my account? Or would they all need to do it separately? I've a lot of family autosomal files, but none of them really care about this stuff so its highly unlikely they would participate if it required any effort on their part.

It is possible to register more than one person.
Beta analysis may take some time. The analyst has been working on it for a few months thus far.

FGC Corp
01-04-2020, 09:51 PM
I tried to pick UK in the drop down box for country but it seems that it is missing from the list :\ So I just picked US but all the other details are UK details. NVM it was randomly under Gabon :\

Email fgcbeta [at] fullgenomes [dot] com.
You can also select Paypal payment options or pay thru a Paypal invoice that we can issue you.

JFWinstone
01-04-2020, 09:54 PM
Email fgcbeta [at] fullgenomes [dot] com.
You can also select Paypal payment options or pay thru a Paypal invoice that we can issue you.

Have paid through paypal and emailed the raw data :)

Nino90
01-07-2020, 12:03 PM
How long is it going to take? Looking forward for the results.

JerryS.
01-07-2020, 01:03 PM
How long is it going to take? Looking forward for the results.

I was told about 3 months.

eolien
01-07-2020, 02:43 PM
Why are the EU countries not listed in the drop down menu for countries? Something related to privacy rights?

sktibo
01-07-2020, 03:01 PM
How long will this beta test be available for?

FGC Corp
01-07-2020, 10:27 PM
Why are the EU countries not listed in the drop down menu for countries? Something related to privacy rights?

We take orders from the EU via Paypal. Note that in terms of privacy, no FGC customer kit is identified by a customer name (only five digit codes). However, we believe that it is better to tell that to each customer before they order.

FGC Corp
01-07-2020, 10:28 PM
How long will this beta test be available for?

We'll see. Perhaps another month.

eolien
01-08-2020, 04:29 PM
We take orders from the EU via Paypal. Note that in terms of privacy, no FGC customer kit is identified by a customer name (only five digit codes). However, we believe that it is better to tell that to each customer before they order.

Shall i indicate the country as USA instead of EU in the link https://www.fullgenomes.com/purchases/147/? or is directly sending an email better?

JonikW
01-08-2020, 08:24 PM
I've just done mine. I left the drop-down country on the default Afghanistan because no relevant UK nations are listed, and added that to the note.

FGC Corp
01-08-2020, 11:13 PM
Shall i indicate the country as USA instead of EU in the link https://www.fullgenomes.com/purchases/147/? or is directly sending an email better?

Yes. or email fgcbeta [at] fullgenomes [dot] com

firemonkey
01-09-2020, 01:13 PM
Just a heads up . I have an email address I use specifically for genealogy . I've never had spam sent to that address until after contacting FGC re the beta ancestry test .

JerryS.
01-09-2020, 07:52 PM
Just a heads up . I have an email address I use specifically for genealogy . I've never had spam sent to that address until after contacting FGC re the beta ancestry test .

I've been inundated with a lot of spam e-mails lately as well, however I cannot point to any one source as to the cause. I've been getting everything from home refinancing, dieting, erectile dysfunction, vacations destinations.....

JonikW
01-09-2020, 09:36 PM
I've got my kit number now so everything looks set. I haven't had any unusual spam. My typical spammers seem to think I want cheap clothes and free streaming while planning for my funeral...

JMcB
01-09-2020, 09:50 PM
Thankfully, no spam for me!

FGC Corp
01-13-2020, 02:00 AM

I've emailed my personal email from the company account a number of times and never received an increase in the number of spam messages.

FGC Corp
01-13-2020, 08:28 PM

I think it is very important to emphasize that both our corporate accounts have no unusual level of spam email. Secondly, we've never received any other feedback that people get more spam when they email us.

If it were true, we'd expect there to be a recurring pattern of spam, and there isn't.

JerryS.
01-13-2020, 10:07 PM
I think it is very important to emphasize that both our corporate accounts have no unusual level of spam email. Secondly, we've never received any other feedback that people get more spam when they email us.

If it were true, we'd expect there to be a recurring pattern of spam, and there isn't.

my spam amount has subsided quite a bit in the last week or so.... again, I am not saying it was spurred by FGC.

JMcB
01-13-2020, 10:31 PM

Personally, I don’t think the spam is coming from FGC. If it was, we would all be getting it and we’re not.

JerryS.
01-13-2020, 10:42 PM
Personally, I don’t think the spam is coming FGC. If it was, we would all be getting it and we’re not.

agreed.

nimavip
01-25-2020, 03:08 PM
Would your analysis give reliable results for non-europeans?

Koolmets21
01-31-2020, 01:50 PM
Interested- message sent to Justin via the e-mail provided. I tried to click the link on page 2 but was given an error. Did i miss the opportunity?

sktibo
02-01-2020, 12:08 AM
I don't think I'm going to get around to signing up for the beta but I've always hoped for a full genome service that offers autosomal analysis so I'll be following the beta results of the folks who I know here. If it looks promising I'll start putting away some savings towards a kit.
Best of luck, I think it's a fantastic idea and I'm excited to see some early/beta results on here.

JerryS.
02-01-2020, 12:24 AM
I don't think I'm going to get around to signing up for the beta but I've always hoped for a full genome service that offers autosomal analysis so I'll be following the beta results of the folks who I know here. If it looks promising I'll start putting away some savings towards a kit.
Best of luck, I think it's a fantastic idea and I'm excited to see some early/beta results on here.

its still better than 2 months or more away until the results are shown to the participants. seems like a pretty intense testing procedure to take that long.

JonikW
02-01-2020, 01:08 AM
its still better than 2 months or more away until the results are shown to the participants. seems like a pretty intense testing procedure to take that long.

Let's just hope this is a company that wants to fine tune things before release. I'd like to see them contact some of us to get our paper trails, as was mentioned earlier, in that regard. If we're the guinea pigs that would be a wise approach.

JerryS.
02-01-2020, 01:21 AM
Let's just hope this is a company that wants to fine tune things before release. I'd like to see them contact some of us to get our paper trails, as was mentioned earlier, in that regard. If we're the guinea pigs that would be a wise approach.

why use a paper trail? really, think of how many names were changed, locations changed, some purposely some not.... If you were to say that your family's paper trail was Scandinavian or Swiss but unbeknownst to you they were actually German and changed their names and so forth to avoid bias against Germans during and after WW1.....

JonikW
02-01-2020, 01:36 AM
why use a paper trail? really, think of how many names were changed, locations changed, some purposely some not.... If you were to say that your family's paper trail was Scandinavian or Swiss but unbeknownst to you they were actually German and changed their names and so forth to avoid bias against Germans during and after WW1.....

There are always extreme cases, but paper trails by and large will give an indication of how well they've nailed it. Witness the myriad posts on this forum comparing trees with results. We all know they're a good rough indicator of ancestry most of the time and certainly a lot better than guessing whether you've got it right before release, followed by the inevitable criticism. I just hope they've learned from the mistakes of rivals.

JerryS.
02-01-2020, 02:37 AM
There are always extreme cases, but paper trails by and large will give an indication of how well they've nailed it. Witness the myriad posts on this forum comparing trees with results. We all know they're a good rough indicator of ancestry most of the time and certainly a lot better than guessing whether you've got it right before release, followed by the inevitable criticism. I just hope they've learned from the mistakes of rivals.

while I understand that reasoning, doesn't it lend to more validation to decode the results of DNA without being influenced by data with no DNA?

JMcB
02-01-2020, 03:53 AM

It was my understanding that we were supposed to supply any genealogical information we had at the outset. Along with our previous results from the other testing companies. That’s what I did.

Now that I’ve double checked, see the OP’s first post.

FGC beta autosomal ancestry analysis

Best,

FGC Corp
Justin

JonikW
02-01-2020, 08:53 AM
It was my understanding that we were supposed to supply any genealogical information we had at the outset. Along with our previous results from the other testing companies. That’s what I did.

Best,

FGC Corp
Justin

I asked them to let me know exactly what they'd like, but wasn't taken up on it. I did mention unprompted during our email exchange that my recent ancestry is British, mostly English and Welsh. I also said I was impressed with the accuracy of my mid-Wales Ancestry genetic community.

JMcB
02-01-2020, 02:32 PM
I asked them to let me know exactly what they'd like, but wasn't taken up on it. I did mention unprompted during our email exchange that my recent ancestry is British, mostly English and Welsh. I also said I was impressed with the accuracy of my mid-Wales Ancestry genetic community.

That may have been all they needed. As our ancestries are pretty straight forward. Your’s a little more so than mine.

ICAM2017
02-02-2020, 01:38 AM
That may have been all they needed. As our ancestries are pretty straight forward. Your’s a little more so than mine.

After signing up for Beta I emailed them as under and their follow-up. This was inline with what I thought they requested at the start of the Beta Offer for participant's. I would have thought this requirement would have applied to all:

Thanks

Best,

Justin Loe
CEO

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 8:31 PM ********** wrote:

Hi FGC,

I have a detailed documented Family Tree. Have attached a gedcom file for your reference and analysis. Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks
What information do you have on your known ancestry?
We want to use the beta analysis to improve the analysis.

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 7:47 ************* wrote:

Hi FGC, I have paid the $1 as under, and now attach my AncestryDNA Autosomal File

Cheers
Ian

digital_noise
02-02-2020, 09:14 PM
while I understand that reasoning, doesn't it lend to more validation to decode the results of DNA without being influenced by data with no DNA?

This is where it gets murky. I would generally agree with your assessment that the data can speak for itself, but given how far off things can be between tests, its hard to put all faith in a DNA test. That's where paper trails can make or break things. The tests have a long way to go before I can feel comfortable putting all my faith into their accuracy.
At this point if I cannot "prove" something via paper trail, I consider it to be false until I can prove it true, be it via documentation or cousin matching

Jan_Noack
02-03-2020, 08:24 PM
I signed up and provided a few kits for my side (mother, father, aunt on fathers side and myself) and my husbands side (3 siblings) as well as all the ancestry. It took me a couple of days to go thru my trees and wrk out the ancestry percentages..but it's something the family always asks me..and now Ill be able to answer. They didn't want my trees, unfortunately, then again I have 8 of them.. one for each gr grandparent. Paper trails are all accuarte back to 1820 confirmed by DNA on each line and in some cases confirmed back to 1725 by DNA matches. some lines in paper trails go back to 1100 or so.. so far no DNA confirmations back beyond early 1700's (but I haven't had time to do Dna analysis myself with some oof the software available and doubt if I ever will have though that was my intention originally). OK, I'm fascinated with DNA migrations and historynot jut on the Y line. I would hope they go to a closer area than country in anlysis but that was all they required. I did provide more though as it does make a huge diff. eg Kent in England is closer to Belgium in DNA than to Manchester in England. The problem with paper trails is the lower classes stayed put in England before 1800 but the upper classes moved a lot between England and Ireland. And the plantations in Nth Ireland moved a lot between nth England/Scogland and Ireland (especially nth ireland), but earlier than 1800 they was a lot of movemeent betwenn the Scottish Hebrides and Nth Ireland, then the Huguenots moved arund a lot, and in Europe, the wars meant massive movement, ...so I only provided back to 1800 unless I knew they originated from a different area (then it was only a small percentage). I don't know if its possible, unless you use many thousands of samples like ancestry does linked to trees, and even they are refining as more trees and tests are taken. I also provided my Ancestry and FTDNA test results just for interest. They are fairly accurate if one considers movements and migrations in history is going to cause some overlap in genetics..like the Vikings and angles/Saxons/Jutes /Frisians/ Normans to and from England and Ireland.. and when one considers the areas of ancestry in 1800 and the history of the people there it does add up surprisingly well for me. Hope my info helps.

I didn't notice any increase in spam...

FGC Corp
02-09-2020, 06:45 PM

Best,

FGC Corp
Justin

That's correct.

There are scientific limitations on this type of analysis. One reason is that Europeans are very close to each other genetically. In particular, Norther Europeans have low genetic diversity.

However, in my case, one company reported that I am 3% Italian when I am 20%. That gave me motivation to develop a new analysis.

JonikW
02-09-2020, 06:54 PM
That's correct.

So was what I provided you with (as mentioned on this thread) enough Justin? If not I'm happy to email more details.

FGC Corp
02-09-2020, 08:35 PM
So was what I provided you with (as mentioned on this thread) enough Justin? If not I'm happy to email more details.

Yes. That is sufficient.

JerryS.
02-12-2020, 02:25 AM
That's correct.

There are scientific limitations on this type of analysis. One reason is that Europeans are very close to each other genetically. In particular, Norther Europeans have low genetic diversity.

However, in my case, one company reported that I am 3% Italian when I am 20%. That gave me motivation to develop a new analysis.

it will be interesting to see what your new analysis comes up with.

Nino90
02-12-2020, 11:05 AM
it will be interesting to see what your new analysis comes up with.

I agree. Since I got very much the same issue.

FGC Corp
02-15-2020, 09:59 PM
I agree. Since I got very much the same issue.

We are making progress. I anticipate that we will get feedback from customers. Based on feedback, we will decide whether further improvements can be made.

JonikW
02-15-2020, 10:08 PM
We are making progress. I anticipate that we will get feedback from customers. Based on feedback, we will decide whether further improvements can be made.

Any idea of when beta testers here will get results, based on that progress? I think we're all looking forward to a new entrant in the field.

JerryS.
02-21-2020, 12:07 AM
Any idea of when beta testers here will get results, based on that progress? I think we're all looking forward to a new entrant in the field.

about 3 months was my response when I asked and that would put it in the beginning of March.

Nino90
03-10-2020, 10:41 PM
Any updates? I think we are many who is very eager to get the results!

JerryS.
03-10-2020, 11:40 PM
Any updates? I think we are many who is very eager to get the results!

LOL, I am interested too, but you and a few others have shown me how data can be played with to make almost anything fit anywhere. this has lowered my expectations with basic ethnicity categories.

digital_noise
03-11-2020, 04:46 AM
LOL, I am interested too, but you and a few others have shown me how data can be played with to make almost anything fit anywhere. this has lowered my expectations with basic ethnicity categories.

what? I mean, you can get low fits with poorly chosen populations but its usually quite clear when something belongs or doesn't belong.
People have created a ton of G25 calculators, you should participate in these as I know you have your G25 coordinates.

JerryS.
03-12-2020, 01:34 AM
what? I mean, you can get low fits with poorly chosen populations but its usually quite clear when something belongs or doesn't belong.
People have created a ton of G25 calculators, you should participate in these as I know you have your G25 coordinates.

that's not how I meant it. the last model showed me 80% Shetland (northern Scotland) and not even the slightest mention of German, and the Italian was Spanish and some Muslim Caucus region group I never heard of. but I don't know, it was done by removing all the north to see what was left, and all the north showed to be Shetland? I'm just waiting for this next one's results.

digital_noise
03-12-2020, 03:41 AM
That was one model. I mean, look at MDLP K23b. It works for some, not for others so you use a different calc if it doesnít work for you. That one says Iím half Macedonian. Same goes with the samples chosen for particular G25 calcs. Youíll eventually see a pattern emerge

JerryS.
03-13-2020, 02:09 AM
That was one model. I mean, look at MDLP K23b. It works for some, not for others so you use a different calc if it doesn’t work for you. That one says I’m half Macedonian. Same goes with the samples chosen for particular G25 calcs. You’ll eventually see a pattern emerge

yeah, that one gives me Bulgarian or Kosovo for my non-NW group if trying to fit a 25% group.

JerryS.
04-04-2020, 11:59 PM
its been around the 90 days expected for this to come out. anyone have anything yet?

FGC Corp
04-08-2020, 10:55 PM
its been around the 90 days expected for this to come out. anyone have anything yet?

Given the overall situation, I think the project is going to take a lot longer.

JerryS.
04-09-2020, 12:17 AM
Given the overall situation, I think the project is going to take a lot longer.

What's the matter with the overall situation as it applies to decoding raw DNA data?

How much longer do you guestimate?

JerryS.
04-10-2020, 12:01 AM
I guess this is going to end up like Ethnogenes.....

digital_noise
04-10-2020, 12:43 AM
Give them some time, things have been completely upended.

FGC is a legitimate business with a presence, so no nothing really like Ethnogene.

JerryS.
04-10-2020, 12:48 AM
Give them some time, things have been completely upended.

FGC is a legitimate business with a presence, so no nothing really like Ethnogene.

No disrespect meant to them, I've never heard of them. Its just that for analytical computer program work I'm not seeing how COVID-19 is preventing work from getting done. Here's to hoping they can get over whatever is preventing them from doing this.

*** Upon further review I see how what I said can be taken as slighting them. My apologies to the FGC crew.

04-10-2020, 02:10 AM
No disrespect meant to them, I've never heard of them. Its just that for analytical computer program work I'm not seeing how COVID-19 is preventing work from getting done. Here's to hoping they can get over whatever is preventing them from doing this.

*** Upon further review I see how what I said can be taken as slighting them. My apologies to the FGC crew.

I've edited your post and this is a stern warning. It's not being deleted only because its in response to someone else. Calling it a "Chinese flu" is not only racist but more so virologically incorrect, as it is not a type of influenza, but instead caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Please do your research before posting.

JJJ
04-10-2020, 12:20 PM
I've edited your post and this is a stern warning. It's not being deleted only because its in response to someone else. Calling it a "Chinese flu" is not only racist but more so virologically incorrect, as it is not a type of influenza, but instead caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Please do your research before posting.

I hope that when a person refers to the 1918 flu as the Spanish flu, they use the same standard and edit it. Just because it is socially accepted in this case does not mean it is not racist and xenophobic.

aaronbee2010
04-10-2020, 03:53 PM
I hope that when a person refers to the 1918 flu as the Spanish flu, they use the same standard and edit it. Just because it is socially accepted in this case does not mean it is not racist and xenophobic.

The sad part is that the virus most likely did not originate in Spain, yet the name "S*****h flu" can easily mislead people into thinking this is the case.

JerryS.
04-10-2020, 10:53 PM
The sad part is that the virus most likely did not originate in Spain, yet the name "Spanish flu" can easily mislead people into thinking this is the case.

it would be best to edit your post and refrain from using racist terms. using the country of origin as part of the descriptor got me in trouble.

aaronbee2010
04-10-2020, 11:25 PM
it would be best to edit your post and refrain from using racist terms. using the country of origin as part of the descriptor got me in trouble.

I was referring to the terms inappropriate usage when I mentioned it, but I will edit my comment now. Thank you.

Nino90
05-07-2020, 04:40 PM
Any news?

JerryS.
05-08-2020, 05:28 PM
Any news?

I think the 3 months e.t.a. in the beginning will probably be more like 6 months. its probably a lot harder than he thought it would be. I sent him a PM asking about some of his own data that he alluded to, and which prompted his desire to delve into this more.... no reply thus far.

digital_noise
05-09-2020, 04:06 AM
Its likely gonna take longer. This is not something they would want to toss together and attach their name to if it wasn't well vetted.

firemonkey
06-26-2020, 08:23 PM
Any progress being made with this?

JerryS.
06-27-2020, 11:38 AM
Any progress being made with this?

I'm about to send an e-mail inquiry.

SUPREEEEEME
06-27-2020, 12:16 PM
Forgot about this.....

JerryS.
06-27-2020, 08:00 PM
its dead in the water. e-mail states that the analyst is overseas [data is in Europe?] and because of the coronavirus no one is doing anything with it. guess I'll have to get a 23/me kit after all.

FGC Corp
06-30-2020, 11:39 PM
Its likely gonna take longer. This is not something they would want to toss together and attach their name to if it wasn't well vetted.

We paused the project because the overall environment has completely changed. If we bring in additional resources we would relaunch.

Overall, I haven't seen tremendous progress with the other companies. Same accuracy issues. Ancestry.com was the one that was particularly bad for me.

JerryS.
06-30-2020, 11:53 PM
We paused the project because the overall environment has completely changed. If we bring in additional resources we would relaunch.

Overall, I haven't seen tremendous progress with the other companies. Same accuracy issues. Ancestry.com was the one that was particularly bad for me.

thank you for your comments on this. I've sent you a PM asking about the issues you had with Ancestry dot com.

JonikW
07-01-2020, 12:18 AM

Sorry to hear this. I had hopes that we might help you roll out a competitive product that was more accurate than some rivals. I'm happy for you to retain my data in the event that you think again.

JerryS.
07-01-2020, 12:36 AM
Sorry to hear this. I had hopes that we might help you roll out a competitive product that was more accurate than some rivals. I'm happy for you to retain my data in the event that you think again.

yes, I too had hoped for some answers from the raw data file I sent..... I really wanted to find out what I have from the middle east/caucus region that causes me to get such erratic results for my minority southern population.

digital_noise
07-01-2020, 02:39 AM
yes, I too had hoped for some answers from the raw data file I sent..... I really wanted to find out what I have from the middle east/caucus region that causes me to get such erratic results for my minority southern population.
Erratic Gedmatch results depend on the samples used to build the specific calculator. This is why G25 works, you can pick and choose and are not stuck with Bulgaria and Romania as Southern Europe.

JerryS.
07-01-2020, 03:41 AM
Erratic Gedmatch results depend on the samples used to build the specific calculator. This is why G25 works, you can pick and choose and are not stuck with Bulgaria and Romania as Southern Europe.

Nino played some with my G25 data... nothing from the Caucuses showed up though.

digital_noise
07-01-2020, 04:22 AM
Nino played some with my G25 data... nothing from the Caucuses showed up though.

yea, thats likely because there isnt much there to begin with and you get a better fit with minimal West Asian. As to why it gets bloated in Gedmatch, I'm not exactly sure, but I have found that minor pops can get really inflated in certain calculators.

JerryS.
07-01-2020, 05:10 AM
yea, thats likely because there isnt much there to begin with and you get a better fit with minimal West Asian. As to why it gets bloated in Gedmatch, I'm not exactly sure, but I have found that minor pops can get really inflated in certain calculators.

maybe I should correct that. I did get Italian_Jew on one of the runs he did. I'm guessing the Jew part shows some leaning into west Asian... but I agree, there isn't much Caucus or whatever creates that pull except with all the GEDmatch models.

ICAM2017
07-02-2020, 02:29 AM

Yes the world has changed and while were are all in a state of flux, I'm happy to wait until you get the resources required. Hopefully your ancestry feature will be more accurate than the Main players. I have tested with Ancestry, FTDNA, MyHeritage and LivingDNA. The only one in my view, that is really accurate is LivingDNA after their recent update.

Reflects the fact that my Ancestry is mostly Scottish & Irish.

jadegreg
07-03-2020, 06:44 PM
Yes the world has changed and while were are all in a state of flux, I'm happy to wait until you get the resources required. Hopefully your ancestry feature will be more accurate than the Main players. I have tested with Ancestry, FTDNA, MyHeritage and LivingDNA. The only one in my view, that is really accurate is LivingDNA after their recent update.

Agreed. I'm happy to wait until you gather your resources, particularly if your final aim is to role this out for WGS.

jelliedsoup
07-12-2020, 08:56 AM

The Irish/Scottish results do sometimes seem odd for both 23andMe and Ancestry. On paper I'm 50% English, 10%,0 Scottish, 15% Irish and 25% Chinese. Ancestry, gives me 6%Irish/Scottish, 23andme gives me 0%, while Living DNA gave me 28% so for my results Living DNA is be far the closest. It seems different companies are more accurate for different people, that said I stick with with my paper.

Vadim Verenich
09-07-2020, 06:10 AM
We are on the right track right now.

Nino90
10-02-2020, 06:38 PM
Any news yet?

JerryS.
10-04-2020, 11:53 AM
Any news yet?

I think they have let this go.

JerryS.
10-09-2020, 10:24 PM
does FGC even participate on this board any more?

sktibo
10-18-2020, 07:55 AM
Any word on this?

JerryS.
10-21-2020, 02:11 PM
Any word on this?

Dead in the water.