PDA

View Full Version : U5a2c3a Is Anyone else out there?

pixie007
01-24-2014, 04:30 AM
Hi,

I'm new at this and my mtDNA Haplogroup is U5a2c3a, something that I had never heard of until it turned up in my results. And I'm a professional genealogist! I have some extra mutations beyond the Haplogroup - 3, I think. Never dull. My Y-DNA pales and is boring in comparison: R1b12a. There are no real matches for that one either.

Several have suggested that, my mtDNA being from Cornwall, might be gypsy or "traveler" in origin. I don't dispute that. My grandmother was "born in a veil," psychic to a science, and bought several dozen rental properties that with the proceeds from her fortune telling. She was smart as anything, evidenced by her descendents' accomplishments, but I'd just like to know what this is and why it's so rare? Anybody else in my Haplogroup? I'd love to figure something about this out.

I look forward to learning about all of you and this (Haplo-)group.

Beth Marcheschi
Colorado

rjordantallberg
09-05-2014, 12:30 AM
Hello Beth,

I too am a U5a2c3a. I just got my results today 9/4/2014. My oldest female line goes back to Germany in 1850's. My Mom did always say her roots went back to England also. I need to figure out where to put in my numbers in other programs to find other people. I do have one exact match on familytree dna. Very excited and so much to learn.

Robin Jordan
Virginia ( from Michigan )

Hi,

I'm new at this and my mtDNA Haplogroup is U5a2c3a, something that I had never heard of until it turned up in my results. And I'm a professional genealogist! I have some extra mutations beyond the Haplogroup - 3, I think. Never dull. My Y-DNA pales and is boring in comparison: R1b12a. There are no real matches for that one either.

Several have suggested that, my mtDNA being from Cornwall, might be gypsy or "traveler" in origin. I don't dispute that. My grandmother was "born in a veil," psychic to a science, and bought several dozen rental properties that with the proceeds from her fortune telling. She was smart as anything, evidenced by her descendents' accomplishments, but I'd just like to know what this is and why it's so rare? Anybody else in my Haplogroup? I'd love to figure something about this out.

I look forward to learning about all of you and this (Haplo-)group.

Beth Marcheschi
Colorado

rms2
09-05-2014, 11:18 AM
I'm U5a2c3a, as well. I don't know much about my mtDNA line. I can only get as far back as a maternal great grandmother there (born March 1878). She had the English surname Lancaster.

KCYeti
02-21-2016, 05:56 PM
I'm U5a2c3 & my maternal great grandma would get angry if you called her English because she was Welsh and preferred "British".