PDA

View Full Version : K in Ancient DNA

David Mc
01-25-2014, 09:11 PM
I'd like to put this down as a resource for those of us who are seeking to map out the origins of Haplogroup K and its subclades. Please note that all I have done is isolate the Haplotype K data found on the wonderful Jean Manco's Ancient DNA database at Ancestral Journeys (http://www.ancestraljourneys.org/adnaintro.shtml). Any mistakes are, of course, my own. Thank you, Jean, for your amazing work.

According to the Genographic Project, K is probably 27,000 years old. As of yet, no paleolithic K has been found. In Europe, paleolithic mtDNA seems to be limited to U and its subclades, R0, HV, and possibly N, although the latter sample is possibly misleading.

For the Mesolithic, we have one possible K appearing (which might actually be a U, if I understand the data correctly) from Blätterhöhle, Germany. It is worth noting that this one K/U sample comes from a vast sea of samples that have tested positive for U and its subclades. Just saying...

The first concrete evidence for K in Europe, at least, comes in the Neolithic. And here we begin:

Neolithic

Syria
Pre-Pottery Neolithic (6800-6000 BC) 2 samples H/K + 2 samples K?
Pre-Pottery Neolithic (6000-5750 BC) 3 samples K

Czech Republic
LBK (5300 BC) 3 samples of K

Germany
LBK? (5000 BC?) 1 sample of K1a + 1 sample of K2a5
LBK (5000 BC?) 6 samples of K + 7 samples of K1a
Schöningen (4100-3950 BC) 3 samples of K + 6 samples k1a
Baalburge (3950-3400 BC) 2 examples of K1a
Salzmünde (3400-3025 BC) 1 sample K1; 1 sample K1a; 1 sample K1a4a1a2
Bernburg (3101-2919 BC) 2 samples K1a
Bernburg (3100-2650 BC) 1 sample K1

Spain
Cardial (5475-5305 BC) K
Cardial (5329-4999 BC) K
Epicardial (5000 BC) K1a
Unspecified (4250–3700 BC) K
Unspecified (4185- 3185 BC) 3 examples of K (possibly K1a)
Unspecified (4090-3960 BC ) 1 sample of K

France
Treilles (3000 BC) 2 examples K1a
Megalith (2750-2725 BC) 1 example K + 1 example of K1a

Chalcolithic

Italy
Unspecified [Ötzi] (3350-3100 BC) K1f

Germany
Forager/Funnel Beaker (3200 BC) 1 example K
Corded Ware (2260-2203 BC) 1 sample of K2a5
Corded Ware (2600 BC) 1 sample K1a24a
Corded Ware (2600 BC) 1 sample K1
Corded Ware (2600 BC) 2 samples (?) of K1
Corded Ware (2500-2400 BC) 1 sample of K
Bell Beaker (2600-2500 BC) 1 sample of K1
Bell Beaker (2500-2050 BC) 1 sample of K

Switzerland
Corded Ware (2500 BC) 1 sample of K

Spain
Unspecified (2790-2100 BC) 4 samples of K
Unspecified (2580-2450 BC) 6 samples of K
Unspecified (2130BC) 1 sample of H or K

Bronze Age

Syria
Amorite? (2650–2450 BC) 1 sample of K

Germany
Unetice (1653-1627 BC) 1 sample of K
Unetice (2200-1550 BC) 1 sample of K; 1 sample of K1a
Unetice (2133-2080 BC) 1 sample of K2

Greece
Minoan (4400–3700 BP) 6 samples of K
Mycenaean (1500 BC) 2 samples of K

Russia
Adronovo (1800–1400 BC) 1 sample of K2b

Spain
Unspecified (3180 BP) 1 sample of K

Xinjiang China
Possible Tocharian (1980+/-40 BC) K (Side note: Light Brown Hair)

Iron Age

Spain
Iberian (600 BC) 1 sample of K*

Germany
La Tène (400 BC) 2 samples of K; 1 sample of K1a

Denmark
Unspecified (200 BC) 2 samples of K

Mongolia
Scytho-Siberian Pazyryk culture (400-200 BC?) 3 samples of K

Medieval

Spain
Basque? (500-700 AD) 1 sample of K
Islamic Al-Andalus (1100-1300 AD) 1 sample of K

Denmark
Viking (1000 AD) 1 sample of K
Unspecified (1250-1450 AD) 1 sample of K

Germany
Slavic? (1200 AD) 2 samples of K

Poland
Unspecified (900-1400 AD) 1 sample K1; 1 sample of K2

England
Unspecified (1347-1351 AD) 1 sample of K1a1b1

David Mc
01-27-2014, 08:03 PM
Working from Jean's data, it looks like ancient European K was most closely associated with F* (G, H, I, J, K) in Germany, and G2a and I2a1 in France (Treilles and megalithic cultures, respectively).

I'm going to have to go back and brush up on F*. I have no idea what that signifies...

ADW_1981
01-28-2014, 01:31 AM
Working from Jean's data, it looks like ancient European K was most closely associated with F* (G, H, I, J, K) in Germany, and G2a and I2a1 in France (Treilles and megalithic cultures, respectively).

I'm going to have to go back and brush up on F*. I have no idea what that signifies...

Since the European Neolithic DNA seems so heavily in favour of G2a and subclades it's difficult to draw conclusions. I believe the Treilles data showed sexual selection for a mtDNA J1 line, as this identical lineage showed up several times.

David Mc
01-28-2014, 02:36 AM
Since the European Neolithic DNA seems so heavily in favour of G2a and subclades it's difficult to draw conclusions. I believe the Treilles data showed sexual selection for a mtDNA J1 line, as this identical lineage showed up several times.

I should clarify. I'm not saying that K was the main halogroup associated with G2a. I am simply saying that, so far, the only pre-Bronze Age European yDNA lines that have been proven to have an association with K and K1a are those mentioned above, including G2a.

dp
11-12-2014, 06:19 PM
[withdrawn]

mlachance
10-26-2015, 02:07 AM
Thank you for this wealth of information!

David Mc
10-26-2015, 07:24 PM
You are most welcome. Most of the data came from Jean Manco; I just distilled it. The above is also almost two years old, so it doesn't include the latest findings. On a different thread (dealing with K1a4, but having implications for more) I have noted that the connections between K1a4 and Cardial Culture are now extremely tight, associating it with the neolithic movement of peoples from Anatolia into Europe.

Grossvater
10-26-2015, 09:51 PM
I have been told that my version of K1a doesn't fit any of the classified subclades. How would I find out how old it is and if it has turned up in ancient remains? Now that I have gotten a full mito test from FamilyTree DNA will researchers see it and eventually add it to the tree of known subclades?

David Mc
10-26-2015, 10:17 PM
Hi Grossvater. Looking at some of the others who are listed as K1a-C150T, it seems like it's fairly consistent with the other K1a branches in Europe. That is to say, it probably came from the Ancient Near East and made its way westwards along the Mediterranean coast with the Cardial Culture. Over the next millennia it continued to spread across Europe where it was found in a number of the Old European cultures, including the megalithic.

As to when the C150T mutation occurred, I really can't say, although I would guess it was early. It looks like its been found as far east as Turkey and as far west as the British Isles. That ties it in nicely with the westward movement during the neolithic.

David Mc
10-26-2015, 11:02 PM
I have been told that my version of K1a doesn't fit any of the classified subclades. How would I find out how old it is and if it has turned up in ancient remains? Now that I have gotten a full mito test from FamilyTree DNA will researchers see it and eventually add it to the tree of known subclades?

One more thought. I belong to a very uncommon subclade, K1a4a1i-- there are only three of us so far! We were given this designation fairly recently and finally found our place in the PhyloTree. All this to say that I'm sure you will find your spot soon, especially as there are so many of by comparison.

C J Wyatt III
10-27-2015, 12:39 AM
One more thought. I belong to a very uncommon subclade, K1a4a1i-- there are only three of us so far! We were given this designation fairly recently and finally found our place in the PhyloTree. All this to say that I'm sure you will find your spot soon, especially as there are so many of by comparison.

Hi David,

I took a look at the three kits for your subclade on the K project. Unfortunately you are the only one with a FF kit on GEDmatch, but you have an X-DNA connection to mother. My mother who is from Canada has several X-DNA connections to a person in 18th Century North Carolina. A match with her just about anywhere on her X-chromosome indicates a connection to this ancestor in North Carolina. My guess is that you had an ancestor who found a wife in the Colonies then back migrated to Great Britain because of being a Loyalist during the American Revolution. I wish the other two K1a4a1i's had autosomal data on GEDmatch so that we could see if they triangulate.

Hope you find this of interest.

Jack Wyatt

David Mc
10-27-2015, 01:02 AM
Hi David,

I took a look at the three kits for your subclade on the K project. Unfortunately you are the only one with a FF kit on GEDmatch, but you have an X-DNA connection to mother. My mother who is from Canada has several X-DNA connections to a person in 18th Century North Carolina. A match with her just about anywhere on her X-chromosome indicates a connection to this ancestor in North Carolina. My guess is that you had an ancestor who found a wife in the Colonies then back migrated to Great Britain because of being a Loyalist during the American Revolution. I wish the other two K1a4a1i's had autosomal data on GEDmatch so that we could see if they triangulate.

Hope you find this of interest.

Jack Wyatt

Hi Jack,

That's very interesting indeed. As far as I know we have know colonial ancestry, and I would have thought that would have been passed down, but anything is possible!

Thanks,

David

David Mc
10-27-2015, 01:07 AM
Hi David,
... My guess is that you had an ancestor who found a wife in the Colonies then back migrated to Great Britain because of being a Loyalist during the American Revolution...

Out of interest, and it may be that I just need sleep and am missing the obvious, but might it not be just as likely that the North Carolina person and I share a common ancestor from England?

C J Wyatt III
10-27-2015, 01:08 AM
Hi Jack,

That's very interesting indeed. As far as I know we have know colonial ancestry, and I would have thought that would have been passed down, but anything is possible!

Thanks,

David

You're welcome. If you have had any contact with the other two kit owners, maybe you can ask them if they have done any autosomal testing that they could upload to GEDmatch. I would love to be able to compare with one or both.

Jack

C J Wyatt III
10-27-2015, 01:19 AM
Out of interest, and it may be that I just need sleep and am missing the obvious, but might it not be just as likely that the North Carolina person and I share a common ancestor from England?

I think you might be right about the possibility, but I also look at certain matching segments on regular autosomal that also indicates a link to this particular person in NC. We also can't assume that the connection is via your maternal line. However if my mother came up with an X-match to one of the other kits, I'd lean heavily toward the maternal line.

Jack

wombatofthenorth
04-15-2016, 12:05 AM

As I mentioned in another thread, my mom and I both share your k1a4a1i A6260G! back mutation however we lack the A15880G so are no i. Which might make us a precursor, except we also have a couple other oddities such as we have half of the defining mutations also for k1a4a1a as we have G15884A but lack A4295G and we for k1a4a1b2 we also have the G1811A! back mutation but lack the C16261T (we don't even know if we have the k1a4a1b defining A8089G since 23 v4 doesn't test it and we don't know what GENO gave for that. If both GENO 2.0 and GENO 2.0 NG test for A8089G and we did not get no calls twice then we are negative for that though.).

Do you happen to have any those other things we have?

Not sure what to make of this. Do most k1a4a1 have some random mish-mash of these various defining mutations for k1a4a1a-i or not?

Goodman
05-16-2016, 05:37 PM
I see that I have the same subclade as:-
England
Unspecified (1347-1351 AD) 1 sample of K1a1b1

Maybe an ancient ancestor of mine? :)

Any idea where this sample was excavated?

Thanks, Gary

Jean M
05-16-2016, 05:44 PM
I see that I have the same subclade as:-
England
Unspecified (1347-1351 AD) 1 sample of K1a1b1 ...

Any idea where this sample was excavated?

St. Nicholas Shambles, London

Goodman
05-16-2016, 06:47 PM
I've heard of that place. I'll read up on it. Thanks for that info!

dp
05-16-2016, 07:05 PM
Hadn't seen that you were a K1a4a1i.
I too am in a small cluster of K1a4a1. I'm one of 9 FTDNA kits that are K1a4a1c.
I have 16 HVR2 matches, all that have had FGS are K1a4a1c. so not many prospects of too many being added any time soon.
dp :-)

David Mc
05-16-2016, 08:43 PM
I'm glad you've go some matches, DP, and a bit envious :). I still have 0 matches on any level, but some day...

dp
05-17-2016, 06:01 PM
As far as defining motifs, we both have a 2 coding region SNP differences and 2 hypervariable (control) region differences.
Along with most of my American matches, they and I share, in addition to those defining K1a4a1c 3 additional coding region polymorphisms. Do you have any additonal polymorphisms beyond those that define K1a4a1i?
This is my fasta breakdown: mine (http://www.mitomap.org/cgi-bin/view_mitomaster.cgi?genbankid=KF703542.1&pos=7298&ref=A&alt=T)

David Mc
05-17-2016, 10:40 PM
Hi David,

I actually have no idea. I've never moved beyond being a newbie when it comes to mtDNA-- I don't even know what "coding region SNP differences" and "hypervariable regional differences" are! I am pretty much entirely reliant on FTDNA's matching tools when it comes to knowing who my matches are (which according to them are 0). I can follow ancient DNA well enough, but even then I am entirely dependent on those who read the "code."

dp
05-26-2016, 12:16 AM
My interests started with mtDNA, then Y-DNA. I was a bit slow to join the au crowd.

Odinn
09-02-2016, 06:09 PM
I have a personal interest in K1d1. There are less than a dozen of us that have been identified. As close as I can figure K1 migrated with G2a to an area near Nuremberg about 8k ya. Recent estimates say that K1d split off about 5.6k ya. Some papers say that K1d split off in northeastern Italy just before K1f (Otzi the Icemen). However, to my knowledge the only K1d samples that have been reported came from Poland. To my way of thinking these were probably associated with the Unetice culture although I have not seen that any have turned up in their graves. It was probably the Nordic Bronze Age trade between the Unetice and Scandinavia that brought the subclade to Denmark. The majority of K1d1 come from Denmark and since I haven't seen any K1d there then I assume that was the source of the mutation. Of course there is not a very big sample on which to base conclusions. I don't know where the other Danish K1d's are from but I know that mine is from the area of Odense on Funen. Given the history of trade in the area my working hypothesis is that the mutation arose on Funen about 700-500 BC. Other K1d1 went to the Oslo Fjord in Norway (I'm guessing when the Danes pushed out the Harudes) and to England (I'm guessing with the Angles). I would be interested in any comments, contacts, etc. that would put more light on this.

wombatofthenorth
01-14-2017, 07:49 AM

Interesting. I think I may join you new to the tree with the next new branch perhaps (not sure how they go about it all officially, however officially handles it, are they even aware we exist on FTDNA? what if the other perhaps didn't allow admins to see CR?). But I got my full mtDNA in today and see that I have two stable extras in the CR beyond reference k1a4a1 and that, as strongly hinted by 23+Geno, I'm negative for all current sub-groups a-i defining extras. I see that I have one exact match and one match that is distance 1. I see that I match the distance 1 guy 100% on HVR1/2 so that means our one difference must be that he lacks one of our stable CR extras. So maybe the three of us can form a new sub-branch k1a4a1j and then the two of us with both the extras can for a new sub-sub-branch k1a4a1j1. My distance zero match has a lot of ancestry just over the border from where much of my ancestry is from (although k1a4a1 isn't really supposed to go way back in our countries so I think our line heads way elsewhere, I have some vague hints maybe my strictly maternal line leaves Latvia and heads to the Netherlands? Farthest back we have traced has a Latvian living in a "Netherlands House" sort of a Tavern/Inn in a big trading city in Latvia so perhaps that implies some connection happened back to the Netherlands??? If so it might explain the bit of Oceanian my mom got since Dutch were big Oceanian explorers early on.
Our distance 1 match trace their strictly maternal line back to the very early 1700s in Italy though. Our common ancestor with them could be many, many hundreds of years ago though perhaps.

J1 DYS388=13
01-14-2017, 09:04 AM
Three Neolithic examples of K1a4a1 at http://www.ancestraljourneys.org/europeanneolithicdna.shtml

wombatofthenorth
01-14-2017, 11:19 PM
Three Neolithic examples of K1a4a1 at http://www.ancestraljourneys.org/europeanneolithicdna.shtml

Wow so the 'e' sub-branch already formed 4500 BC.
And even sub 'a' sub '2' sub-sub-branch by like 3000 BC.

Judith
01-18-2017, 08:00 AM
In order for your mtDNA to form a new branch of the tree you need first to have uploaded to genbank, and you do not mention that.
Ian Logan has a tool to do it easily http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/checker/submission_maker.htm
If you have already been there done that then sorry for being repetitive!

wombatofthenorth
01-19-2017, 07:03 AM
In order for your mtDNA to form a new branch of the tree you need first to have uploaded to genbank, and you do not mention that.
Ian Logan has a tool to do it easily http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/checker/submission_maker.htm
If you have already been there done that then sorry for being repetitive!

Thanks, I had not done that yet.
I wonder what happens though if my exact match and 1 stable CR change match have not also done the same. Would they base it on a single sample?

Judith
01-19-2017, 09:11 AM
It is never done on a single mutation so do encourage your match to upload too.
I have read both a minimum of 2 & 3 and I do not know which circumstances they use 2 or 3.

dp
01-19-2017, 10:35 PM
best branching IMO is from coding region. I think they want 2 kits that share a polymorphism that the parent branch doesnt have, otherwise your kit is a singleton of the parent branch.
that said my T199C is a control region polymorphism, but from what I've seen every K that was K-T199C, when tested for full mtGenome, was found to be in my K1a4a1c haplogroup.
According to Phylotree I stand corrected. T199C is in the K1a4a1c1 haplogroup.
I'm in a new branch. :bounce: time to revise my profile

wombatofthenorth
01-20-2017, 04:18 AM
best branching IMO is from coding region. I think they want 2 kits that share a polymorphism that the parent branch doesnt have, otherwise your kit is a singleton of the parent branch.
that said my T199C is a control region polymorphism, but from what I've seen every K that was K-T199C, when tested for full mtGenome, was found to be in my K1a4a1c haplogroup.
According to Phylotree I stand corrected. T199C is in the K1a4a1c1 haplogroup.
I'm in a new branch. :bounce: time to revise my profile

What it is is that for stable SNPs in coding region we are exact stock k1a4a1 with none of the stable CR extras that branches a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i have but then in addition to the stock k1a4a1 we and our exact match have two unique new stable extras in the CR. Then we have a match with a distance of 1 where it is the exact same story only they are missing one of our stable CR extras.

Our exact 0 distance match seems to have most of their ancestry from the country just over the border from where my mom has most of her ancestry, basically the same place. So that is Latvia and Lithuania. Since k1a4a1 is not much of a Baltic mtDNA, certainly not an ancient one, it must eventually head out of that region. Since both of our ancestries come from almost the same area, in this case, I feel it means that we actually might not be super distantly related as even many exact distance 0 matches are and perhaps we both head out of the region through the same ancestor.

Our distance 1 match has traced their strictly maternal line to the very early 1700s to someone in Italy and they seem to be Italian themselves perhaps.

It seems like our distance 1 match could be like a new branch k1a4a1j and then we and our exact match could be a sub-branch of that due to our extra CR change and be like k1a4a1j1 perhaps.

It's three of us who are stock k1a4a1 plus a unique stable CR extra and then two of us have yet one more unique stable CR extra on top of that as well. So there would be three of us for the k1a4a1j and two us for the k1a4a1j1 so maybe that would be enough I think to define both.

wombatofthenorth
01-20-2017, 04:52 AM
FTDNA now has their own, even more advanced GenBank autosubmit form it seems. It calls it a Survey. Located near bottom left of your main FTDNA page.

GailT
01-20-2017, 05:56 AM
FTDNA now has their own, even more advanced GenBank autosubmit form it seems. It calls it a Survey. Located near bottom left of your main FTDNA page.

The Survey form gives FTDNA permission to publish the mtDNA results in GenBank, but as far as I know, the last time they published results was in the 2012 Behar et al. paper. If you want your full sequence results in GenBank, you should submit them directly using the directions on Ian Logan's web page.

Ideally there should be 3 non-identical samples that define the new subclade, but Mannis has sometimes used 2 samples.

In some cases more than 3 samples are needed, e.g., when the same mutation occurs independently. There is at least one subclade in the current Phylotree, H100, that will need to be refined because newer samples have shown that the structure of tree is uncertain, i.e., A12358G occurred independently in unrelated H samples.

dp
01-20-2017, 09:30 PM
After a year I gave up and submitted my own fasta file to GENBANK. I would have been in the Costa paper (on K) but the government shutdown kept it hung in processing. GENBANK is somehow tied to the European Nucleotide Archive, so my file is in both.
Just checked out ENA.
K1a4a1a - 8
K1a4a1b - 1
K1a4a1c - 1
K1a4a1d,e,f,g,h,i,j - 0

I suspect I got the K1a4a1c haplogroup designation only because I specified it as such. Otherwise, at the time, I think it would have been processed as just a K1a4a1.
PS: There are 17 FTDNA donors in K-T199C, and thus probably in K1a4a1c1.

wombatofthenorth
01-21-2017, 05:21 AM
The Survey form gives FTDNA permission to publish the mtDNA results in GenBank, but as far as I know, the last time they published results was in the 2012 Behar et al. paper. If you want your full sequence results in GenBank, you should submit them directly using the directions on Ian Logan's web page.

Ideally there should be 3 non-identical samples that define the new subclade, but Mannis has sometimes used 2 samples.

In some cases more than 3 samples are needed, e.g., when the same mutation occurs independently. There is at least one subclade in the current Phylotree, H100, that will need to be refined because newer samples have shown that the structure of tree is uncertain, i.e., A12358G occurred independently in unrelated H samples.

hmm are you sure because it asked if you had already submitted to GenBank before and made it sound like they were uploading to GenBank for you and it said something about you'd get a registration # back
I'll ask FTDNA.

GailT
01-21-2017, 06:04 AM
hmm are you sure because it asked if you had already submitted to GenBank before and made it sound like they were uploading to GenBank for you and it said something about you'd get a registration # back
I'll ask FTDNA.

Ian Logan provides frequent updates for new GenBank samples, and we have only been seeing a small number of direct submissions. Perhaps FTDNA has plans to do another major publication? If not, they should submit to GenBank all of those with signed waivers. I'm guessing there are more than a hundred new FMS samples each week, but only a small fraction of those people join a haplogroup project or submit to GenBank. It is a huge wasted resource.

dp
01-21-2017, 05:27 PM
Ian Logan provides frequent updates for new GenBank samples, and we have only been seeing a small number of direct submissions. Perhaps FTDNA has plans to do another major publication? If not, they should submit to GenBank all of those with signed waivers. I'm guessing there are more than a hundred new FMS samples each week, but only a small fraction of those people join a haplogroup project or submit to GenBank. It is a huge wasted resource.
Agreed:
Behar et al. 2012b publication 4265 download FASTA
I paid $299 for my test, had filed out the survey, so I assumed submission of fasta files to the repository was part of the survice. From the Phylotree entry (above) fasta files of over 4000 people, that had granted permission, had been similarly File 13'd.

BenMiller
04-27-2017, 05:26 AM
My wife just got her results from 23andMe. Her maternal Haplogroup is K1a4a1. Her mother's mother was born in Southern Wales, and as far as we know, the whole family was Welsh to the core. Having trouble finding much online about this uncommon Haplogroup aside from what has been written on this excellent thread. We're certainly interested to know more about it...

J1 DYS388=13
04-27-2017, 05:22 PM
A European type. Almost 10,000 years old. Cases from about 4,700 and 3,000 years BC have been found in Iberia. The idea that people in the west of this island are descended from people who moved up the coast from Iberia long long ago has been much discussed by researchers.

Fungene
02-15-2018, 09:53 PM
I'd like to put this down as a resource for those of us who are seeking to map out the origins of Haplogroup K and its subclades.

One more tidbit: two samples from Catalhöyük (Central Anatolia) dated 6600-5500 cal BC, have the following mtDNA haplogroups,
Ch51: K1b1c
Ch54: K2a11

Source: Z. Hofmanova. 2016. Palaeogenomic and Biostatistical Analysis of Ancient DNA Data from Mesolithic and Neolithic Skeletal Remains. Dissertation, Mainz, p. 45.

Greg Atlanta
12-13-2019, 06:55 PM
Is that a typo or an "i" at the end of your Haplogroup? I am a K1a4a1/R-DF88.

Caledonian
01-12-2020, 11:56 AM
Does anyone know the origin of K1a1b1e? it's my haplogroup and I can't find much information about its origin.

J1 DYS388=13
01-12-2020, 02:53 PM
The academic paper by Costa et al. says it's European and just over 6,000 years old. Another paper https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28669760 reports an Armenian case from about 1300BC, but I suppose that could be a line of European ancestry.