PDA

View Full Version : Using the GEDmatch Admixture (heritage) tools - Interpreting the numbers

Vilis_Hazners
02-09-2020, 04:38 AM
Thus far I have searched the forums and have found only threads pertaining to interpreting results. I am not interested in that per se. I am more interested in how to use the Admixture (heritage) tools in a more general sense.

What are the meaning of the numbers in results once raw data is put through them? What is their designation? How do I interpret the results I am seeing?

Here are my K36 results per the Eurogenes tool set for the sake of an example. Many seem to favor this tool. Is it the most up-to-date tool available in Eurogenes?

Population
Amerindian
Arabian
Armenian
Basque 5.34 Pct
Central_African 0.16 Pct
Central_Euro 7.89 Pct
East_African
East_Asian
East_Balkan 6.29 Pct
East_Central_Asian
East_Central_Euro 19.72 Pct
East_Med
Eastern_Euro 9.77 Pct
Fennoscandian 14.24 Pct
French 2.64 Pct
Iberian 5.64 Pct
Indo-Chinese
Italian 3.45 Pct
Malayan
Near_Eastern
North_African
North_Atlantic 12.20 Pct
North_Caucasian 1.29 Pct
North_Sea 11.37 Pct
Northeast_African
Oceanian
Omotic
Pygmy
Siberian
South_Asian
South_Central_Asian
South_Chinese
Volga-Ural
West_African
West_Caucasian
West_Med -

The Kit # is KK9662360.

I have tried to figure out the system and as far as I can glean the numbers represent probabilities in relation to how close an individual is to a certain genetic grouping. Is that a good guess as to what they actually mean?

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread. I searched the forums, but again, I found nothing on this subject.

Greekscholar
02-12-2020, 03:18 AM
Put in those raw numbers here to create a heat map.

https://gen3553.pagesperso-orange.fr/ADN/similitude.htm

Eurogenes has G25 now, it is available for sale at the Eurogenes blog.

Vilis_Hazners
02-12-2020, 07:26 PM
Thank you, but that explains nothing. I am more interested in how the actual system works and what the raw numbers mmean. I know they are not percentages as that would make no sense at all.