PDA

View Full Version : Tribal Men stealing kill from cheetahs

MonkeyDLuffy
03-02-2020, 03:11 AM
Stumbled upon this fascinating video. While I'm aware cheetahs are no match in comparison to big cats, it still shows how humans used to go up against other big predators. There have been encounters of humans stealing kills from even lions while they were eating, using their primitive bows and spears. Maybe we've lost a lot of the survival courage with development of modern society.

https://youtu.be/-ycMlTU9Z1Y

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nhkrl

Souriquois
03-03-2020, 09:59 PM
I've met people from this tribe, and hate to tell you this, but, they aren't fighting against cheetahs with spears and bows. They're now tapping away at smartphones like the rest of us. Probably someone is ordering food with the Uber Eats app as you read this.

The folks in the video probably domesticated those cheetahs (which they have been doing for thousands of years, they used them to help them hunt), and used them to put on a show for tourists. People who work in "living villages" and who do reenactments of historical events or how their ancestors would have lived make decent money down there. Probably would be an interesting job, too.

Gee
03-03-2020, 10:22 PM
The last one is just badass

jdean
03-04-2020, 12:04 AM
That's gutsy : )

Censored
03-10-2020, 11:39 PM
I saw the second link on tv once.

Censored
03-10-2020, 11:44 PM
I've met people from this tribe, and hate to tell you this, but, they aren't fighting against cheetahs with spears and bows. They're now tapping away at smartphones like the rest of us. Probably someone is ordering food with the Uber Eats app as you read this.

The folks in the video probably domesticated those cheetahs (which they have been doing for thousands of years, they used them to help them hunt), and used them to put on a show for tourists. People who work in "living villages" and who do reenactments of historical events or how their ancestors would have lived make decent money down there. Probably would be an interesting job, too.

Which "tribe" are you talking about...the two videos probably show different ones. The second video is of Masaai, I don't the first video is about them. Some Masaai live far from wildlife, in that case yes they are using smartphones and other modern devices. Others live in very close proximity to dangerous animals. I have been there and seen it.

And as far as Im aware cheetahs have never been "domesticated"(I think you mean tamed) in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Souriquois
03-11-2020, 12:11 AM
Which "tribe" are you talking about...the two videos probably show different ones. The second video is of Masaai, I don't the first video is about them. Some Masaai live far from wildlife, in that case yes they are using smartphones and other modern devices. Others live in very close proximity to dangerous animals. I have been there and seen it.

And as far as Im aware cheetahs have never been "domesticated"(I think you mean tamed) in Sub-Saharan Africa.

The San people.... that's who is in the first video. They have tamed cheetahs and used them for hunting.

Censored
03-11-2020, 03:41 AM
The San people.... that's who is in the first video. They have tamed cheetahs and used them for hunting.

proof?

xenus
03-11-2020, 05:36 AM
proof?

Cheetahs are easy to take but have never been domesticated. The illegal pet cheetah trade is actually driving them to extinction. There are clips of people hunting with cheetah's on youtube if you care to look. It's actually an ancient practice, however they are wrong to say the San people do it. According to "Cheetahs: Biology and Conservation" The San just follow and take the kills.

Censored
03-11-2020, 05:42 AM
Cheetahs are easy to take but have never been domesticated. The illegal pet cheetah trade is actually driving them to extinction. There are clips of people hunting with cheetah's on youtube if you care to look. It's actually an ancient practice, however they are wrong to say the San people do it. According to "Cheetahs: Biology and Conservation" The San just follow and take the kills.

Exactly. Cheetahs were tamed and hunted with in Egypt and India but not by these hunter gatherer tribes. They don't even have a concept of domestication.