PDA

View Full Version : Wich Migration brought R-Y53588 to Tunisia during the bronze age.

Darko
03-04-2020, 08:28 AM
Hello everyone, this is the migration path of my subclade R-Y53588 (downstream of YP1276-YP1272) from SNP tracker site. According to the estimation of this tool the age of my subclade is 3600 years and reached Tunisia in north africa during the bronze age 🤔. I wonder wich migration brought this subclade to tunisia in north Africa (if the estimation of this tool is correct ofcourse) maybe sea peoples? I want to hear your opinion dear members of this Forum.

Generalissimo
03-04-2020, 10:05 AM
Hello everyone, this is the migration path of my subclade R-Y53588 (downstream of YP1276-YP1272) from SNP tracker site. According to the estimation of this tool the age of my subclade is 3600 years and reached Tunisia in north africa during the bronze age ��. I wonder wich migration brought this subclade to tunisia in north Africa (if the estimation of this tool is correct ofcourse) maybe sea peoples? I want to hear your opinion dear members of this Forum.

Looks like the typical SNP tracker nonsense.

There's no way that R-Y53588 arrived in Tunisia before the Iron Age.

spruithean
03-04-2020, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't take the SNP trackers as verified fact here. They are loosely based on FTDNA and YFull data, that is itself rather incomplete.

Darko
03-04-2020, 06:38 PM
Looks like the typical SNP tracker nonsense.

There's no way that R-Y53588 arrived in Tunisia before the Iron Age.
So what is your prediction, vandal, Roman, a Visigoth who convert to Islam in al andalous or a mercenary slave in Muslim army?

lgmayka
03-05-2020, 12:18 AM
Hello everyone, this is the migration path of my subclade R-Y53588 (downstream of YP1276-YP1272) from SNP tracker site. According to the estimation of this tool the age of my subclade is 3600 years and reached Tunisia in north africa during the bronze age ��.
YFull has two members of R-Y53588 (https://yfull.com/tree/R-Y53588/), from Tunisia and Spain. Their estimated TMRCA is 4600 years. Either that ancestor arrived in the western Mediterranean region 4600 years ago, or his two surviving descendant lineages both migrated there later. Other surviving lineages have not yet been found/tested. (FTDNA's Big Y Block Tree likewise has only two members of R-Y53588.) Readers can decide for themselves which alternative is more likely.

The grandparent clade R-YP1272 (https://yfull.com/tree/R-YP1272/) is quite remarkable, because it includes an Egyptian R-YP1272* whose lineage branched off 7200 years ago.

Generalissimo
03-05-2020, 02:01 AM
YFull has two members of R-Y53588 (https://yfull.com/tree/R-Y53588/), from Tunisia and Spain. Their estimated TMRCA is 4600 years. Either that ancestor arrived in the western Mediterranean region 4600 years ago, or his two surviving descendant lineages both migrated there later. Other surviving lineages have not yet been found/tested. (FTDNA's Big Y Block Tree likewise has only two members of R-Y53588.) Readers can decide for themselves which alternative is more likely.

Many of his ancestral and descendant lineages may have migrated to the western and eastern Mediterranean regions well after the Bronze Age, probably during the Iron Age or the Middle Ages, from the same Near Eastern source of near and far related R1a lineages.

The actual splits between the ancestral clades to these lineages probably happened in Eastern Europe, then in Central Asia and perhaps in Persia. But it's rather unlikely that modern DNA will be able to track this process.