PDA

View Full Version : High amount of Australian on MDLP K23b

witness
04-14-2020, 04:56 PM
My GEDmatch results here show me to have significant "Australian" (Aboriginal) ancestry:

https://m.imgur.com/a/tJndVDc

More than even "MelanoPolynesian"!?

BalkanKiwi
04-14-2020, 10:15 PM
My GEDmatch results here show me to have significant "Australian" (Aboriginal) ancestry:

https://m.imgur.com/a/tJndVDc

More than even "MelanoPolynesian"!?

I've both moved your post and created a new thread for it in the relevant section, as the "Studies Discussion" thread is for as the title states, not autosomal results discussion. As to your question, do you know if you have an Aboriginal ancestor? With an amount that high, you do somewhere along the line.

Caius Agrippa
04-14-2020, 10:44 PM
I've both moved your post and created a new thread for it in the relevant section, as the "Studies Discussion" thread is for as the title states, not autosomal results discussion. As to your question, do you know if you have an Aboriginal ancestor? With an amount that high, you do somewhere along the line.

He is part-Moluccan, that's why he scores Aboriginal Australian components. I doubt it's direct Australian Aboriginal ancestry.

BalkanKiwi
04-14-2020, 10:50 PM
He is part-Moluccan, that's why he scores Aboriginal Australian components. I doubt it's direct Australian Aboriginal ancestry.

That explains it then. I'm not familiar with Maluku Islands genetics, and I haven't seen any Moluccan results before. As he didn't mention his ancestry in the first post, one would possibly assume Aboriginal Australian just off calculator results. Interesting. Thanks for this.

EDIT: I've moved this thread to the Melanesian section.

witness
04-15-2020, 09:02 PM
That explains it then. I'm not familiar with Maluku Islands genetics, and I haven't seen any Moluccan results before. As he didn't mention his ancestry in the first post, one would possibly assume Aboriginal Australian just off calculator results. Interesting. Thanks for this.

EDIT: I've moved this thread to the Melanesian section.

Moluccan island genetics are basically an admixture of East Asian Austronesians,Papuan/Melanesians,and a Veddoid or Aboriginal element.Those are the Indigenous populations of our islands.On top of that is the blood of traders and visitors such as the Arabs,Indians,Portuguese,Dutch,Chinese,and modern Western Indonesian transmigrasi.

BalkanKiwi
04-15-2020, 09:41 PM
Moluccan island genetics are basically an admixture of East Asian Austronesians,Papuan/Melanesians,and a Veddoid or Aboriginal element.Those are the Indigenous populations of our islands.On top of that is the blood of traders and visitors such as the Arabs,Indians,Portuguese,Dutch,Chinese,and modern Western Indonesian transmigrasi.

Interesting. Similar to Maori in a sense, minus the mixing with traders. Thanks for sharing.

witness
06-18-2020, 09:33 PM
I forgot to post this on the original topic at hand,here is am Australian Aboriginal girl who's closest DNA cousin was a Moluccan/Timorese

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky-b6zen9fY