PDA

View Full Version : Embark DNA Results

Táltos
05-14-2020, 05:50 AM
I received my dog's DNA results this Sunday. Pretty cool!

http://embk.me/kodak40?utm_campaign=cns_ref_dog_pub_profile&utm_medium=other&utm_source=embark

He has 30 relatives. One who is the DNA equivalent of a half sibling, aunt/uncle, or a grandparent. It would be great to figure out the exact relationship as he is a rescue. His other 29 relatives are first cousins. All 100% Siberian Husky, except for one who is 96%. So it seems that all these first cousins are from his father, and this potential half sibling is from his mother's side. They match on two sections of the X chromosome, and this match is a mutt too. :)

BalkanKiwi
05-15-2020, 09:08 AM
What a lovely looking dog! The family tree is quite interesting, as you wouldn't know from his appearance that he has Labrador in him, which is no doubt due to the overwhelming lineage of Siberian Husky.

Táltos
05-16-2020, 01:24 AM
What a lovely looking dog! The family tree is quite interesting, as you wouldn't know from his appearance that he has Labrador in him, which is no doubt due to the overwhelming lineage of Siberian Husky.

Thank you! I had a dog named Phoenix before him who was a lab/chow mix. So I was surprised to see the Lab!

In many ways (behavior, a little in the looks) my current dog reminds me of that lab/chow mix so it's very cool! The Siberian Husky definitely shows through :)

JoeyP37
05-18-2020, 10:04 PM
Aw, I wish my father's old dog Sultan were still alive! He was 1/8 wolf, and would have had a lupine paternal haplogroup (the wolf was his father's paternal grandfather), and given that his mother was a purebred Labrador, would have probably had Kodak's A1a maternal haplogroup. Sultan's four grandparents were two Labradors, a golden retriever, and a German shepherd/wolf cross.

Táltos
05-20-2020, 06:11 AM
Aw, I wish my father's old dog Sultan were still alive! He was 1/8 wolf, and would have had a lupine paternal haplogroup (the wolf was his father's paternal grandfather), and given that his mother was a purebred Labrador, would have probably had Kodak's A1a maternal haplogroup. Sultan's four grandparents were two Labradors, a golden retriever, and a German shepherd/wolf cross.

Do you have a picture? He sounds like he would have been a handsome dog! Sultan, cool name too!