PDA

View Full Version : J-M267 palestinian

bashqain
05-15-2020, 04:20 PM
Hello everyone, my brother took a 23&me test and this is his haplogroup, is there anyway i can know more about his paternal line
the autosomal test was useless it gave him 23% levant 3% egyptian 18% arabian peninsula 2% anatolian and the rest is Broadly West asian which is more than
half
in terms of heritage i have a family tree which takes me to my 19 grandfather whobelongs to banu qain tribe, some tribe thats been living in the levant since byzantine times, i know that my family was christian during the early mamluk period,im fellahi but my family has been heavily intermarrying with bedouins after the qaisi yemeni war of 1858 in the southern levant,most notably the al huwetat tribe
any idea if i can know more or is this 23& me useless in this regard

J1 DYS388=13
05-15-2020, 06:52 PM
There are countless branches beyond the marker you got from 23andMe, but you would have to start over by testing with Family Tree DNA or perhaps some other company. Before you go to all that expense and waiting for results, examine the PSE (Palestinian) cases on this tree. Chances are you will match one of them. https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Z2215/

bashqain
05-15-2020, 07:05 PM
i see, bummer,do you have any idea if there is anything else i can do with the 23&me results aside from the autosomal?

J1 DYS388=13
05-15-2020, 07:08 PM
You can download the mtDNA file and see if you can squeeze out more detail at this free site: https://dna.jameslick.com/mthap/23andMe.html

Pegasusphm1
07-07-2020, 05:10 AM
You can migrate your 23andMe automosal testing kit to GEDMATCH. Go ahead and test with FamilyTreeDNA. We have a number of J1 projects you can participate in. I also recommend you join the J1 project discussion group at facebook.

You will need to test Y-DNA and then a SNP pack to determine the branch. Most project administrators would like you to test Y67. You might like to eventually upgrade to Big-Y 700 and see if you have a unique SNP / subclade to your family line.