PDA

View Full Version : Lost my upgrade

Nqp15hhu
05-23-2020, 03:23 PM
I paid 29 for my transferred results to be converted to regional results. I have lost the results?

How can I retrieve these results?

Stefanie
05-23-2020, 06:30 PM
My upgrade is gone too. That whole site hasn’t worked for very well for me since they started the relatives thing the other day. I had trouble when I first uploaded data to them. They never upgraded after I paid for it. Then eventually had to cancel the uploads and started all over again with new ones. And now the upgrade is gone again. Lol. Hopefully they get it straightened out. Good luck.

Nqp15hhu
05-23-2020, 09:40 PM
So does that mean then that I lose my money? I will be ringing them on Monday, no way.

Stefanie
05-23-2020, 09:49 PM
So does that mean then that I lose my money? I will be ringing them on Monday, no way.

It took a few back and forth emails between us, but they finally told me they were deleting the first uploads, I had one from Ancestry and one from 23, and asked that I re upload them. I did. And asked them just to put the upgrade I paid for towards one of them. Which they did. They were very nice in their emails, but I don’t know if they even knew what went wrong.

Nqp15hhu
05-23-2020, 09:52 PM
It took a few back and forth emails between us, but they finally told me they were deleting the first uploads, I had one from Ancestry and one from 23, and asked that I re upload them. I did. And asked them just to put the upgrade I paid for towards one of them. Which they did. They were very nice in their emails, but I don’t know if they even knew what went wrong.

oh dear! 29 is quite a lot for what they offer. My results don't look the same this time round either, focused on Europe.

FionnSneachta
05-23-2020, 09:54 PM
It's probably just a glitch for the moment. Your results will probably return. As said by another poster, it might just be as a result of the number of matches being increased and will be rectified in time. It would be a good idea to alert them to the issue but I wouldn't worry about it.

Stefanie
05-23-2020, 09:58 PM
oh dear! 29 is quite a lot for what they offer. My results don't look the same this time round either, focused on Europe.

Yes, my upload was different from my original test with them. I got a lot of Iberian, that I have none of that I know of, on the latest update for my saliva test. I do have a lot of German, which I didn’t get much of on the update. My upload results were 100% British/Irish.

JonikW
05-23-2020, 10:40 PM
I'd be amazed if they don't email everyone whose results are lost even temporarily, if that's actually happening as looks the case here. The potential damage to reputation would be large without unsolicited action. Given that, it must surely be a very brief glitch. I hope so for one, because I still like this company.

deadly77
05-23-2020, 11:29 PM

Monday is a Bank Holiday in the UK (where LivingDNA are based), so you might not get an answer on the phone then. Probably best wait until Tuesday.

I've never tried phoning them. Differing experiences via email - one early query was quickly replied with specific answers. Other later ones were a word for word carbon copy of generic responses that have been received and shared by other Anthrogenica forum members on here.

JMcB
05-23-2020, 11:57 PM
For what it’s worth, my upload seems to be working as expected.

Stefanie
05-24-2020, 12:20 AM
Mine’s back up. Now if I could get the rest of the site to work. Lol. I think it’s an IPad compatibility problem. Hope yours is back soon.

Nqp15hhu
05-24-2020, 01:11 AM
Mines is back up too.