PDA

View Full Version : Chrome warning Https connexion not secure

Dieu
05-26-2020, 02:23 PM
Chrome is sending me a warning as anthrogenica being not safe.

DMXX
05-26-2020, 02:26 PM
Please provide us with details.

What is the exact message you're seeing?

Greekscholar
05-26-2020, 02:50 PM
I got the same message in Firebox. I can't get the message to come back up, but it warned of an expired security certificate.

DMXX
05-26-2020, 02:54 PM
Thank you.

Sounds like our SSL certificate's temperamental again. We'll look into it later today.

Dave-V
05-26-2020, 02:55 PM
The Chrome error I'm getting is as follows. It is being generated every time I select a new Anthrogenica page (New Posts, or clicking on a topic, etc). --------------------------------------------------------------Your connection is not privateAttackers might be trying to steal your information from anthrogenica.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn moreNET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALIDHelp improve Chrome security by sending URLs of some pages you visit, limited system information, and some page content to Google. Privacy policyThis server could not prove that it is anthrogenica.com; its security certificate expired 237 days ago. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Tuesday, May 26, 2020. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.Proceed to anthrogenica.com (unsafe)

passenger
05-26-2020, 02:58 PM
I have a different issue, but thought I might as well jump on this thread rather than start a new one. Since last night I haven't been able to log on to the site from my phone. It's telling me it's because my "clock is ahead", but my phone is synced to local time as usual and I haven't made any changes.

DMXX
05-26-2020, 03:06 PM
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Confirmation that it's the SSL certificate.

I'll address that and do a general maintenance run today.

Since last night I haven't been able to log on to the site from my phone.

Please see:

https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?20436-Stepping-Down-Cloudflare-DDoS-Protection-(5-26-20)&p=669752#post669752

Please note that the forum may be inaccessible to you over the next 24-48 hours due to DNS propagation.

Paul333
05-26-2020, 05:46 PM
The Chrome error I'm getting is as follows. It is being generated every time I select a new Anthrogenica page (New Posts, or clicking on a topic, etc). --------------------------------------------------------------Your connection is not privateAttackers might be trying to steal your information from anthrogenica.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn moreNET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALIDHelp improve Chrome security by sending URLs of some pages you visit, limited system information, and some page content to Google. Privacy policyThis server could not prove that it is anthrogenica.com; its security certificate expired 237 days ago. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Tuesday, May 26, 2020. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.Proceed to anthrogenica.com (unsafe)

I was receiving the same.

MikeWhalen
05-26-2020, 08:24 PM
same as dave v, and every time i want to go to a page, or even click a 'like' the warning screen comes up and makes me go through the warning page...then when the site comes up, it kinda looks weird...after clicking on the sites new posts, it comes up funny looking, particularly the beginning of every post it calls up...hard to explain but just so you know

Mike

JMcB
05-26-2020, 08:56 PM
I also got a similar warning yesterday and when I clicked on Safariís Learn More option, it said that anthrogenicaís certificate has been expired for 200 plus days, etc, etc. I then went back and chose the option: Go to Website, which took me here and everything has been fairly normal since. Except nobodies flags are showing up. Until now, that is.

DMXX
05-26-2020, 09:24 PM
All good gents (and any ladies reading this) - Thanks for chiming in to confirm it's a problem on your end, also.

I'm working on resolving this certificate snafu as I type this.

geebee
05-26-2020, 09:33 PM
Obviously it's known, but since I'm also having the problem here's what I get in Chrome:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from anthrogenica.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Help improve Chrome security by sending URLs of some pages you visit, limited system information, and some page content to Google. Privacy policy

This occurred just a couple of minutes before I posted this.

EDIT:

I believe somewhere along the way I received the more specific info that the security certificate is something like 237 days out of date. Not sure if I have that exactly right.

DMXX
05-26-2020, 09:41 PM
Alrighty, everyone.

Please confirm whether the problem's been fixed on your end or not.

("Thanking" this post would suffice)

Johnny ola
05-26-2020, 10:05 PM
Logging problems for me with chrome browser.I am okay for now thought!!!

Paul333
05-26-2020, 10:09 PM
Alrighty, everyone.

Please confirm whether the problem's been fixed at your end or not.

("Thanking" this post would suffice)

Seems Ok now ,thanks

RVBLAKE
05-26-2020, 10:18 PM
I received a warning today, as well.

Andrewid
05-26-2020, 11:02 PM
I can confirm that the valid certificate issue has now been resolved my end for both Firefox and Chrome browsers. Issue persisted throughout morning and afternoon.