PDA

View Full Version : Genoplot

firemonkey
06-02-2020, 12:45 PM
I see nMonte runner been changed/upgraded to Genoplot . It requires you to add a phone number ,presumably mobile/smartphone. That's me locked out of using it then :(>:(

GenoPlot
06-02-2020, 01:40 PM
Hi firemonkey,

Thanks very much for giving our team some feedback on GenoPlot's interface.

The original implementation of the phone service was as an optional two-factor authentication (2FA) setting for users who desired enhanced security in their accounts. There isn't a requirement to enter your mobile phone data during registration.

Your comment's highlighted our need to make that clear to users undergoing the registration process. We're currently in limited release and will strive to improve our platform's interface through all comments raised by this community.

Newer users who haven't heard of our platform just yet are very welcome to register and try us out for themselves:

https://genoplot.com/

Thanks again and we hope you'll enjoy GenoPlot!

- GP Team

JMcB
06-02-2020, 02:15 PM
Hi firemonkey,

Thanks very much for giving our team some feedback on GenoPlot's interface.

The original implementation of the phone service was as an optional two-factor authentication (2FA) setting for users who desired enhanced security in their accounts. There isn't a requirement to enter your mobile phone data during registration.

Your comment's highlighted our need to make that clear to users undergoing the registration process. We're currently in limited release and will strive to improve our platform's interface through all comments raised by this community.

Newer users who haven't heard of our platform just yet are very welcome to register and try us out for themselves:

https://genoplot.com/

Thanks again and we hope you'll enjoy GenoPlot!

- GP Team

Hello Genoplot,

Would please explain more about your service? Is this a free platform or are payments required to use it. When I try using my old Web Runner link, I’m getting the following, which would indicated that some sort of pay structure is envisioned:

“Migration Alert: please use Genoplot.com for your nMonte runs.

Genoplot.com has nMonte runner, 2D and 3D interactive PCAs, oracles, mapping and triangulations, calculators, checkfit, optimafit, creating private and public groups, experiment with ghost samples, and more functionalities.

Your personalized COUPON code is: ********. Please save this coupon and use it in your Genoplot account to get free credits.”

To be honest, I really don’t want to go through the hassle of setting up a user account and password, unless I know before hand want I’m actually signing up for.

Thanks!

GenoPlot
06-02-2020, 03:27 PM
Hello Genoplot,

Would please explain more about your service? Is this a free platform or are payments required to use it. When I try using my old Web Runner link, I’m getting the following, which would indicated that some sort of pay structure is envisioned:

“Migration Alert: please use Genoplot.com for your nMonte runs.

Genoplot.com has nMonte runner, 2D and 3D interactive PCAs, oracles, mapping and triangulations, calculators, checkfit, optimafit, creating private and public groups, experiment with ghost samples, and more functionalities.

Your personalized COUPON code is: ********. Please save this coupon and use it in your Genoplot account to get free credits.”

To be honest, I really don’t want to go through the hassle of setting up a user account and password, unless I know before hand want I’m actually signing up for.

Thanks!

Hi JMcB,

Thank you for your interest in GenoPlot!

We are a consumer genetics platform that will feature a multitude of different functionalities - Our current product, which has been published as a limited release, is an expansion of the popular nMonte runner that features the items described in the notification you linked.

We can guarantee that a 'Free Tier' for all of our products will be offered in perpetuity. In our advance version of the nMonte runner, we're limiting a set of 'Pro' features, such as our OptimaFit utility, to subscription-only users.

At present, 'Free Tier' users only have a handful of limitations, such as the number of simultaneous runs, which are intended to limit our costs for cloud computing charges.

We hope that answers your question; we welcome any further feedback you may have for us. Enjoy the platform!

- GP Team

JMcB
06-03-2020, 03:15 PM
Hi JMcB,

Thank you for your interest in GenoPlot!

We are a consumer genetics platform that will feature a multitude of different functionalities - Our current product, which has been published as a limited release, is an expansion of the popular nMonte runner that features the items described in the notification you linked.

We can guarantee that a 'Free Tier' for all of our products will be offered in perpetuity. In our advance version of the nMonte runner, we're limiting a set of 'Pro' features, such as our OptimaFit utility, to subscription-only users.

At present, 'Free Tier' users only have a handful of limitations, such as the number of simultaneous runs, which are intended to limit our costs for cloud computing charges.

We hope that answers your question; we welcome any further feedback you may have for us. Enjoy the platform!

- GP Team

Hello Genoplot,

I do have another question. Will there be a version of the old FreeForm Runner offered? Which allowed you to paste in your own source and target samples. That’s actually the version of Poi’s Runners that I used the most. Also, it would help if you would add a feature that would allow the maps to be expanded, so you can see them better. The one I tried yesterday was really to small to make out and I couldn’t find a way to enlarge it.

Thanks!

GenoPlot
06-03-2020, 05:14 PM
Hello Genoplot,

I do have another question. Will there be a version of the old FreeForm Runner offered? Which allowed you to paste in your own source and target samples. That’s actually the version of Poi’s Runners that I used the most. Also, it would help if you would add a feature that would allow the maps to be expanded, so you can see them better. The one I tried yesterday was really to small to make out and I couldn’t find a way to enlarge it.

Thanks!

Hi JMcB,

We definitely intend to provide the ability to run custom nMontes in a "FreeForm" manner. We're currently working through our implementation to ensure that we provide a good user experience for all users - beginner and advanced alike.

The maps should allow for zooming in/out using the mouse scroll-wheel. Perhaps, you're viewing the site on a mobile device? In that case, pinch-to-zoom should achieve the same effect.

Your feedback is much appreciated,
Thanks!

pegasus
06-03-2020, 06:04 PM
Hello Genoplot,

Thanks!

I agree, the old runner is more robust and easy to use. When I tried to paste coordinates , I could not post them it kept giving an error message. The fonts on the table are too small. When I enter outgroups to use, sometimes I have backspace letters as well, which I never had to do with Poi's runner. Also the compute credit is a bit annoying , I used the 100 in 3 days. Also in creating the ghosts , it would be nice to create 60/40 , or 30/70 mixes.

GenoPlot
06-03-2020, 06:36 PM
Hi Pegasus,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. This is precisely why we chose Anthrogenica for our limited release. I would request that any issues/bugs related to the functionality of the application be reported through the "help" button visible on the bottom right corner of GenoPlot pages. This will helps us track and remediate these issues as efficiently as possible.

In regards to the need to backspace to select additional out groups, this was a deliberate choice on our part to facilitate the selection of additional groups related to the existing search string. In hindsight, that really only makes sense when selecting target samples. In the short term, we'll enable the clearing of previous searches when selecting out groups. Long term, we'll make this user definable in the settings so each user can set their individual preference.

We will add the ability to define custom values such as 60/40 or 30/70 to the Ghost editor. In the meantime, you can achieve similar ( but not exact ) percentages by setting multiple ancestors of the same group. As an example you can get to 68.75/31.25 by setting a Grand Parent and a 2X Great Grand Parent belonging to the same group on a chosen base ancestry. Existing ghosts can also be used as Ancestors.

Thanks!

Theconqueror
06-03-2020, 08:40 PM
I like it personally as it already has my family samples in it. The graphics are cool, and I especially like the concentric pie chart with the roll-ups in the middle and the specific samples on the outskirts.

GenoPlot
06-05-2020, 09:52 AM
Hi Theconquerer,

Thank you for your feedback!

We are eager to make our platform as informative and user-friendly as possible - All constructive criticism or suggestions are eagerly received by us.

If you have any further thoughts regarding how we can make our current nMonte runner as useful as it can be, we welcome your and everyone else's comments.

Thanks again!

firemonkey
06-28-2020, 08:18 AM
Some Optima fit runs Default scaled

English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh + 4 others

Finnish Norwegian Swedish Brittany

Sample:firemonkey ► firemonkey
Fit:0.7818
Results:Scottish53.2
Irish44.6
Finnish2.2

Finnish Norwegian Brittany Iceland

Fit:0.7813
Irish44.2
Finnish2.6

Finnish Norwegian Brittany Dutch

Fit:0.7829
Irish44.8
Finnish2

Finnish Swedish Brittany Dutch

Fit:0.7892
Results:Scottish54.4
Irish43.6
Finnish2

Finnish Swedish Brittany Iceland

Fit:0.7848
Irish43.8
Finnish1.8

Finnish Swedish Icelandic Norwegian

Fit:0.7886
Results:Scottish52.6
Irish45.2
Finnish2.2

Dutch Finnish Norwegian Swedish

Fit:0.7786
Results:Scottish50.8
Irish46.4
Finnish2.8

Dutch Finnish Norwegian Icelandic

Fit:0.784
Results:Scottish52.6
Irish44.8
Finnish2.6

Dutch Finnish Icelandic Swedish

Fit:0.7868
Irish43.4
Finnish2.2

Yosef
08-26-2020, 03:21 PM
Hi Genoplot. I am an Italian of Jewish origin, and I got on very well with your website.

My results are

• Italian Lazio 39
• Italian Veneto 35
• Ashkenazi Lithuania 12.5
• Italian Jew 11.5
• Sephardic Jew 2

(with distance 1.89)

But I wanted to ask you how I can use the various calculators (such as MDLP K ...) present under "Admix Calculators", because, I just can't use them

GenoPlot
08-26-2020, 05:01 PM
But I wanted to ask you how I can use the various calculators (such as MDLP K ...) present under "Admix Calculators", because, I just can't use them

Hi there,

You can use the Admix Calculators by uploading your raw DNA file(s) to genoplot.

Select Admix Calculators from the main menu
Press the ADD+ icon under the Selection section of the page
Follow the instructions in the Add File modal window (see attachment below)
Hit Save and now your DNA file is ready to be used in the Genoplot platform

Yosef
08-27-2020, 05:38 PM
Great thanks

Yosef
08-27-2020, 05:38 PM
Hi there,

You can use the Admix Calculators by uploading your raw DNA file(s) to genoplot.

Select Admix Calculators from the main menu
Press the ADD+ icon under the Selection section of the page
Follow the instructions in the Add File modal window (see attachment below)
Hit Save and now your DNA file is ready to be used in the Genoplot platform

Great thanks

Tanchik
10-29-2020, 03:19 PM
What is Genoplote ?

GenoPlot
10-29-2020, 03:56 PM
What is Genoplote ?

We are a personal Genomics platform that shares some commonality with Vahaduo (Global 25 nMonte modeling) and Gedmatch (Admixture Calculators).

Here is an example of a PCA generated from Global 25 coordinates in Genoplot (http://genoplot.com)

https://nimbusweb.me/box/attachment/4796682/8mamsw4hwfc2uecbr32w/NIbGiqlXcDGMgmRU/screenshot-genoplot.com-2020.10.29-10_54_30.jpg (https://genoplot.com/shared/pca/#Genoplot/17523bcf94b2)

pegasus
11-10-2020, 01:44 AM
Could you add the new samples from the Mongolia/East Asia study

https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?22033-BAM-Files-is-Available-(A-dynamic-6-000-year-genetic-history-of-Eurasia-s-Eastern-)

GenoPlot
11-10-2020, 11:02 PM
Could you add the new samples from the Mongolia/East Asia study

https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?22033-BAM-Files-is-Available-(A-dynamic-6-000-year-genetic-history-of-Eurasia-s-Eastern-)

Added