PDA

View Full Version : Admins, moderators, can you ban my account for good please?

hubhub
06-08-2020, 07:34 PM
Can you also delete the threads I started? Thanks.

sktibo
11-17-2020, 05:25 PM
Can you request this? asking for a friend

passenger
11-17-2020, 05:50 PM
Can you request this? asking for a friend

Normally, if a member doesn't wish to participate anymore in the forum they simply stop posting content. Bans are intended for members with severe or repeat violations of the ToS and they do not imply deletion of posts unless those posts are in violation of the ToS or were made by a banned member returning to AG through a sockpuppet account.

As for requests to delete posts, per the ToS:

1.6 Member requests to delete their own public posts beyond the 24 hour catchment period will not ordinarily be undertaken by any member of staff, with the exception of members residing or posting from within the European Union (EU).

See also:

2.8 Member accounts are not normally suspended or closed once activated. Users wishing to remove themselves from the community are advised to simply withhold from logging in. In addition, we will not routinely entertain requests to completely clear a member's public history and/or permanently deleting their accounts.

Other exceptions might be made in isolated cases, but they are not guaranteed and are impractical if the member has made many posts.

sktibo
11-17-2020, 06:27 PM
Normally, if a member doesn't wish to participate anymore in the forum they simply stop posting content. Bans are intended for members with severe or repeat violations of the ToS and they do not imply deletion of posts unless those posts are in violation of the ToS or were made by a banned member returning to AG through a sockpuppet account.

As for requests to delete posts, per the ToS:

See also:

Other exceptions might be made in isolated cases, but they are not guaranteed and are impractical if the member has made many posts.

And if one only wishes to be banned without any posts or information removed, would that be possible hypothetically?

passenger
11-17-2020, 10:20 PM
And if one only wishes to be banned without any posts or information removed, would that be possible hypothetically?

Hypothetically, I suppose so, but I don't see what the point would be. A member who has received a normal ban (as opposed to an IP ban) can't post, but they can still view content on the site, and others can still view their past posts. I don't know why anyone would want that, unless they simply couldn't stop themselves from posting. It's better just to stop engaging.