apophis99942
08-26-2012, 06:04 PM
FTDNA

apophis99942
08-26-2012, 06:10 PM
McDonald, most recent

Spark
08-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Very nice showings, oginali. My only quip is that the Amerind was run as East Asian. You are carrying two Far East-derived population groups in the genome. This must make it especially tricky for quantitative analysis to pick up. In fact, I noticed McDonald's original runs you posted ignored the American segments, possibly because they were so close to the Chinese segments that quantitative analysis picked up genetically speaking. So all the results are "lumped in." My Amerind was placed in Siberia, which again makes sense genetically speaking, but of course reveals certain issues with the way Amerind populations have been drawn. Very few genetically pure types can be found among our descent groups and because they are genetically different enough from the sample McDonald has at the moment, we tend to get pushed further west into Siberia or NE Asia. In your case, you have two genetically distinct groups that are similar in nature. It makes for a very colorful quadracial rainbow.

I am unsure where "Mideast" comes in since like me I don't see much on the chroromsomes although I wonder if your unique blend of ancestries has tricked the calculators. Otherwise, this distribution looks pretty amazing. It's almost too complex to put numbers on and it looks far more accurate the the originals. I thought those numbers were off...

apophis99942
08-26-2012, 07:19 PM
McDonald's 5-point analysis has me pegged as this:

Spark
08-26-2012, 07:26 PM
McDonald's 5-point analysis has me pegged as this:

Yes, this looks much improved. That original Amerind number was far too low for the given segments on the genome. I agree, it is about 8%. This would be consistent with my distribution, which is at 2% and has proportionately less dispersion on my genome. Looks like you and I have a possible common SSA origin, although the number of tribes in the area where your mtDNA haplo originates would make it hard to prove definitively. Did your Ancestry Finder results turn anything interesting up? European input follows as I expected -- British Isles. It's very clear the East Asian input is Chinese -- it can't seem to decide -- and it looks like it is northerly rather than southerly.

apophis99942
08-26-2012, 07:34 PM
That's very amusing, too! This is what I was called by him back earlier in the year:

DMXX
08-27-2012, 04:47 AM
apophis99942,

Your Y-DNA caught my eye. Do you have any known ancestry from the Near-East, specifically Arabic-speaking or Jewish ethnic groups? Where is your known ancestry derived from?

apophis99942
08-27-2012, 04:30 PM
None that I know of, but who knows? My people are from Trinidad/Venezuela & the US. Origins from before that are reflected in my genome.

apophis99942,

Your Y-DNA caught my eye. Do you have any known ancestry from the Near-East, specifically Arabic-speaking or Jewish ethnic groups? Where is your known ancestry derived from?

Spark
08-27-2012, 09:11 PM
One of my hypotheses was that you might have some distant Sephardic ancestry. This Jewish subgroup was quite prominent in early Caribbean plantation communities and later played a vital role in trade and imports/exports in the Caribbean Rim. It is not entirely uncommon to find minor contributions in South America and the Caribbean. Many of the Latin Americans from South America who have been tested has some traces of this genetic input.

apophis99942
08-28-2012, 06:39 PM
There was an extremely minor change when the V4 chip was activated:

apophis99942
08-29-2012, 04:35 AM
"Neanderthal" 23andMe lab result

apophis99942
12-12-2012, 07:36 PM
One of my hypotheses was that you might have some distant Sephardic ancestry. This Jewish subgroup was quite prominent in early Caribbean plantation communities and later played a vital role in trade and imports/exports in the Caribbean Rim. It is not entirely uncommon to find minor contributions in South America and the Caribbean. Many of the Latin Americans from South America who have been tested has some traces of this genetic input.

The Ancestry Composition tool @ 23andMe does not chart any such ancestry, nor any from Southwest Asia/North Africa, on any of the three settings. I trust their analysis on that matter, as they are likely more thoroughly invested in those particular regions, given their customer base.

However, I am uncertain how their classification methods differ from other companies/independent researchers.

Case in point, a whopping ~12% of my ancestry under the Conservative setting cannot be defined.