PDA

View Full Version : 100% Ashkenazi Jewish MyHeritage Results



jkotl0327
06-27-2020, 12:22 AM
Anybody ever get 100% Ashkenazi Jewish MyHeritage Results? I have only seen my maternal grandmother get 100% on MyHeritage out of all my Jewish matches. The ethnicity estimates are generally of a lower quality than 23andMe (I uploaded from 23andMe).

StillWater
06-27-2020, 03:20 AM
I've seen a few.

passenger
06-27-2020, 03:39 AM
Like I said on the other thread, I've seen a fair number, but I don't think they're super common. Just for the hell of it I looked through my mom's top 100 matches (besides close family) and 4 of them score 100% Ashkenazi. Three are located in the U.S., and have very little background info. 1 is located in Sweden and has mostly German Ashkenazi surnames in her tree. Granted, my mom is 3/4 Ashkenazi, but most of her top matches tend to be heavily Ashkenazi. Other than the 100 percenters, they range from 79% to 98.8%, and the average is probably somewhere in the low 90s. The most common additional regions seem to be West Asia, Sephardic, Italian, Middle Eastern and some NW Euro.

StillWater
06-27-2020, 03:43 AM
Most 100% results I've seen were from Hungarian Jews.

BalkanKiwi
06-27-2020, 04:44 AM
I have one Israeli match who has 99% (the other 1% is Italian).

jkotl0327
06-27-2020, 05:00 AM
Like I said on the other thread, I've seen a fair number, but I don't think they're super common. Just for the hell of it I looked through my mom's top 100 matches (besides close family) and 4 of them score 100% Ashkenazi. Three are located in the U.S., and have very little background info. 1 is located in Sweden and has mostly German Ashkenazi surnames in her tree. Granted, my mom is 3/4 Ashkenazi, but most of her top matches tend to be heavily Ashkenazi. Other than the 100 percenters, they range from 79% to 98.8%, and the average is probably somewhere in the low 90s. The most common additional regions seem to be West Asia, Sephardic, Italian, Middle Eastern and some NW Euro.

Right, the rest of my family is all low 90s with the rest mostly from those regions. What do you mean by German Ashkenazi surnames? Half my family's surnames are German-sounding but none of them are German Ashkenazim.

passenger
06-27-2020, 05:08 AM
Right, the rest of my family is all low 90s with the rest mostly from those regions. What do you mean by German Ashkenazi surnames? Half my family's surnames are German-sounding but none of them are German Ashkenazim.

I mean the people are actually listed as coming from Germany, but besides that, they're typically Western Ashkenazi names, including Rothschild.

ashephard
07-05-2020, 04:34 PM
I'm 9% Ashkenazi Jewish and don't know which ancestry it came from. How do I start my research?

passenger
07-05-2020, 04:48 PM
I'm 9% Ashkenazi Jewish and don't know which ancestry it came from. How do I start my research?

What does your known ancestry consist of?