PDA

View Full Version : Romani DNA, what type of other pops would you see?

Melissay122
07-22-2020, 04:40 PM
Input is appreciated. If Someone had Romani or Roma DNA, what would one expect to see in Eurogenes Calculators or others? I read that Romani DNA would have(aside from Balkan) Indian or South India. Taking someone who has ancestry from Romania (From 23 and me),would any of the below be a clue or more so the combo of these? What would I be looking for admixture wise? (I am still learning what to pay attention to and ignore in these calcs lol)

(From 23 and me the Greek and Balkan is still there at 90% confidence. The only Greek and Balkan my Mom scores is from Romania according to 23.)

EU TEST :

Romanian

IR
Lezgin
Armenian
Assyrian
DK
Kalash
Komi
Mandean
TR
Balochi
Bangladeshi
Belorussian
Brahui
Burusho
EE
East_Russian
Erzya
GE
Gujarati
IN
Maasai
North_Swedish
Sindhi
South_Indian

eastara
07-23-2020, 03:07 AM
There was a new Roma study based on full genome, which at last found that Roma had an early admix with Anatolian population of Armenian type. This was evident from commercial testing, but the scientists until now concentrated on the South Asian Indian admixture. However, Romanian Vlax gypsy have somewhat more European admixture compared to other Balkan Roma. West European Roma already have mostly European, sometimes only some typical Roma haplogroups still point to the actual origin.

https://academic.oup.com/mbe/article-abstract/doi/10.1093/molbev/msaa156/5863255

Recent common origin, reduced population size, and marked admixture have shaped European Roma genomes
Abstract
The Roma Diaspora — traditionally known as Gypsies —remains amongst the least explored population migratory events in historical times. It involved the migration of Roma ancestors out-of-India through the plateaus of Western Asia ultimately reaching Europe. The demographic effects of the Diaspora – bottlenecks, endogamy, and gene flow – might have left marked molecular traces in the Roma genomes. Here, we analyze the whole genome sequence of 46 Roma individuals pertaining to four migrant groups in six European countries. Our analyses revealed a strong, early founder effect followed by a drastic reduction of ∼44% in effective population size. The Roma common ancestors split from the Punjabi population, from -Northwest India, some generations before the Diaspora started, less than 2,000 years ago. The initial bottleneck and subsequent endogamy are revealed by the occurrence of extensive Runs of Homozygosity and Identity By Descendent segments in all Roma populations. Furthermore, we provide evidence of gene flow from Armenian and Anatolian groups in present-day Roma, although the primary contribution to Roma gene pool comes from non-Roma Europeans, which accounts for more than 50% of their genomes. The linguistic and historical differentiation of Roma in migrant groups is confirmed by the differential proportion, but not a differential source, of European admixture in the Roma groups, which shows a westward cline. In the present study we found that despite the strong admixture Roma had in their diaspora, the signature of the initial bottleneck and the subsequent endogamy is still present in Roma genomes.