PDA

View Full Version : The Complete Feb. 2016 Mtdna Phylotree- Where are you?

Lancer
09-19-2020, 05:17 PM
http://phylotree.org/tree/index.htm

"In human genetics, the Mitochondrial Eve (also mt-Eve, mt-MRCA) is the matrilineal most recent common ancestor (MRCA) of all living humans. In other words, she is defined as the most recent woman from whom all living humans descend in an unbroken line purely through their mothers and through the mothers of those mothers, back until all lines converge on one woman."

J1 DYS388=13
09-19-2020, 05:28 PM
This one is updated frequently, and has ages assigned to most branches. However, it is a bit experimental.

https://www.yfull.com/mtree/R/

Osiris
09-22-2020, 06:54 PM
I'm trying to find all the haplogroups of every one of my 3rd great grandparents. You can see the list of the ones I know in my signature. But I've done 5 full mitos so far. H3b1b1, H3h, K1c1g, W6a and I3a.

What I enjoyed the most with my full mito results was going to the phylotree and viewing the entire tree as a single file then I pasted that into Excel, the whole thing is only 5437 lines long. Then I took my mutations from my tests and I did a replace command on each mutation replacing the black text in a white box with black text in a green box. Then I hid every row that contained a branch I definitely didn't have and it pretty well collapsed down to just my line. I colored mutations with a subsequent back mutation yellow and ended up with a handful of extra mutations which I colored blue at the end.

Then you can investigate the all your "new" mutations against your matches. Make sure you know which are in HVR1 and which are in HVR2. And now like an old Penny Press Logic Puzzle you can find the new branches that aren't on any tree.

H3b1b1 has two descendants T16209C and C3832a
H3h has lots of known descendants but a new one is A73G! and that has a descendant C16355T
I3a has a child G16319A which in turn as 2 children; C16287T and T246C
K1c1g has 2 children; T16288C and G16129A!
W6a has child A4164G which has lots of children including A234G

And now you have the most complete tree for your branch because 4 years is way too long between updates of the phylotree.