PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Subclades on YFull

tgndjs
10-28-2020, 06:09 PM
Recently I uploaded my WGS raw data from Nebula to YFull to further analyze my Y DNA, then I got my results few days ago.
My terminal Y DNA haplogroup turned out to be O-Y24057* as it didn't belong to any of the known subclades.
However, I saw another person with the same terminal Hg, so I compared all my 36 novel SNPs to his but non of them matched so I guess there's no way he and I share a common subclade.

Anyhow, my actual question is... what if I upload my father's raw data? or my uncle's? Will Yfull put us under a new subclade?
I know YFull requires at least two Y samples with overlapping private SNPs to form a new subclades. But again, our results are gonna be completely identical (more or less) and I don't think YFull will assign a subclade to two identical samples... which makes me wonder... what would be the minimum TMRCA to be recognized by YFull to form a subclade? Any ideas?

MacUalraig
10-28-2020, 06:20 PM
I think you should get your subclade, you may get asked to confirm its two separate people. I do when I upload kits of mine from different labs. There is certainly a father-son pair in the YFull M222 project and they managed it.

Ibericus
10-28-2020, 06:34 PM
Are these your final results? I have seen people moved down the tree a few weeks after showing up in the paragroup.

dosas
10-28-2020, 06:39 PM
If you upload your father's data, it will form a new clade, a family clade, so to speak.

It's a good idea to do that, and also add a distant male cousin on the same patrilinear lineage, so you can follow the rule of 3.

I am planning to upload my father and my son, when I get some spare money and there's an offer at Nebula. Unfortunately, I don't know any confirmed distant male cousins on my patrilinear line.