PDA

View Full Version : Ancient U5a2c3a

rms2
11-12-2020, 09:09 PM
Here are the oldest U5a2c3a I know of, all from Olalde et al, The Beaker Phenomenon and the Genomic Transformation of Northwest Europe (2017):

U5a2c3a I1382 Moselle, France 2435-2136 BC Olalde 2017 Bell Beaker
U5a2c3a I2597 Amesbury, Wiltshire, England 2280-2030 BC Olalde 2017 EBA
U5a2c3a I2455 Cambridgeshire, England 2130-1910 BC Olalde 2017 Bell Beaker

Anyone know of any that are older?

I know there are older examples of U5a2c and U5a2c3, but I have not heard of any older U5a2c3a.

rms2
11-15-2020, 08:09 PM
I created a U5a2c3a group at MeWe and sent out invitations to all my matches. I have two exact FGS matches, eight at one away, six at two away, and twenty four at 3 away.

Probably not all of them will join, but hopefully some of them will.

rms2
11-16-2020, 02:04 AM
I created a U5a2c3a group at MeWe and sent out invitations to all my matches. I have two exact FGS matches, eight at one away, six at two away, and twenty four at 3 away.

Probably not all of them will join, but hopefully some of them will.

Three of my matches have joined already, including one of my exact matches.

rms2
12-07-2020, 06:39 PM
Well, there are five of us in the U5a2c3a group at MeWe, but I'm the only one who ever posts anything.

I like knowing my mtDNA haplogroup, but the money I spent on it has been the least productive of all that I have spent on DNA testing.

That is the reason I don't upgrade my dad's sample to the FGS. I've thought about it, but it just doesn't seem like a good way to spend money.

Besides, what I wanted to know about my dad's mtDNA line I found out via autosomal DNA testing.

Anyway, if you are U5a2c3a and want to join our group at MeWe, here is the link:

https://mewe.com/join/u5a2c3amtdnahaplogroup

rms2
12-15-2020, 12:39 PM
Well, there are five of us in the U5a2c3a group at MeWe, but I'm the only one who ever posts anything.

I like knowing my mtDNA haplogroup, but the money I spent on it has been the least productive of all that I have spent on DNA testing.

That is the reason I don't upgrade my dad's sample to the FGS. I've thought about it, but it just doesn't seem like a good way to spend money.

Besides, what I wanted to know about my dad's mtDNA line I found out via autosomal DNA testing.

Anyway, if you are U5a2c3a and want to join our group at MeWe, here is the link:

https://mewe.com/join/u5a2c3amtdnahaplogroup

Speaking of finding out what I wanted to know about my dad's mtDNA line via autosomal DNA testing, it was matches to a third cousin that opened that door. I say "matches" because she showed up as a pretty big match at AncestryDNA, FTDNA, and 23andMe: a grand slam! Not bad!

Anyway, that third cousin also turned out to be a fount of knowledge about my dad's grandmother and on back quite a few generations. One thing she did not know anything about, unfortunately, is my dad's maternal grandfather. That's still terra incognita.