Jatt1
11-14-2020, 04:21 AM
Is Sitaridis a Greek name?

xripkan
11-14-2020, 01:33 PM
Yes it is

Johnny ola
11-14-2020, 01:47 PM
It is and it has prolly Anatolian Greek origins.Do you match with anyone ?

losAntonis
11-14-2020, 02:14 PM
http://pontosworld.com/index.php/pontus/history/sam-topalidis/93-the-origin-of-current-greek-and-turkish-surnames
Greak name, indeed.
Check article above for more information

Jatt1
11-14-2020, 08:43 PM
It is and it has prolly Anatolian Greek origins.Do you match with anyone ?

Yes, one with that name is a match on FTDNA with my brother, it is a very distant match though. https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-ZS3698/

Johnny ola
11-14-2020, 08:47 PM
Yes, one with that name is a match on FTDNA with my brother, it is a very distant match though. https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-ZS3698/

Do you have any west asian admixture in your autosomal?That guy is anatolian Greek?

Johnny ola
11-14-2020, 08:49 PM

Ιts his name Anastasios?

Jatt1
11-14-2020, 09:37 PM
Ιts his name A?

No, he is listed as Sitaridis and shares his paternal line with my brother and a Norwegian. What you see on YFULL is my brother and a Norwegian. Sitaridis is on FTDNA J1 Project and that is how I know his name, he is not on YFull. He is also on FTDNA YTree. Our ethnic group have something to do with Steppe people and carry some Steppe DNA.

Johnny ola
11-14-2020, 09:46 PM
No, he is listed as Leonidas Sitaridis and shares his paternal line with my brother and a Norwegian. What you see on YFULL is my brother and a Norwegian. Leonidas Sitaridis is on FTDNA J1 Project and that is how I know his name, he is not on YFull. He is also on FTDNA YTree. Our ethnic group have something to do with Steppe people and carry some Steppe DNA.

So,you are an Indian.Sitaridis in general is a Pontic Greek surname.People with such surname have origins from this place usually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontus_(region)

Jatt1
11-14-2020, 10:22 PM
So,you are an Indian.Sitaridis in general is a Pontic Greek surname.People with such surname have origins from this place usually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontus_(region)

It is not the surname but the yDNA line. Indian ones have Khabra as their surname.

Johnny ola
11-14-2020, 10:42 PM
It is not the surname but the yDNA line. Indian ones have Khabra as their surname.

I don't really get what you mean or what is your goal here.This specific lineage seems to me Iranic.I am not an expert on J1,you should ask in the specific thread for more informations.To answer your question above again.The surname Sitaridis is of Greek origins and more specific Pontic Greek.If he matches your brother it seems normal.There are Pontic Greeks with J1 lineages.

Jatt1
11-14-2020, 11:12 PM
I don't really get what you mean or what is your goal here.This specific lineage seems to me Iranic.I am not an expert on J1,you should ask in the specific thread for more information.To answer your question above again.The surname Sitaridis is of Greek origins and more specific Pontic Greek.If he matches your brother it seems normal.There are Pontic Greeks with J1 lineages.

I am trying to trace the roots of this yDNA line. On FTDNA the mentioned Greece person didn't declare his place of origin, that is why I inquired here.

Johnny ola
11-14-2020, 11:19 PM
I am trying to trace the roots of this yDNA line. On FTDNA the mentioned Greece person didn't declare his place of origin, that is why I enquired here.

Did you asked him where is he from?Why he is hide his origins lol.The surname is probably(90%) of Pontic Greek roots.There is a small possibility to not be,but even if it is not be Pontic Greek he will be from Greece.Now about the origins of this line, i can't know 100%.You should open a thread in the J1 category.From my little experience it seems Iranic.But it might be a lineage associated with Kura-Araxes or migrations from west asia.Where are you from?India?It might arrived in south asia with steppe migrations i am not sure.

Johnny ola
11-14-2020, 11:23 PM
I am trying to trace the roots of this yDNA line. On FTDNA the mentioned Greece person didn't declare his place of origin, that is why I enquired here.

The last Pontic Greek guy that i met with J1 yDNA..he belonged to J-FT96715(J-Μ267).This haplo is associated with Kura-Araxes migrations or with Calcolithic/EBA Anatolian migrations.It is not the same clade thought,but in general Pontic Greeks can have J1 lineages.

Jatt1
11-15-2020, 12:58 AM
The last Pontic Greek guy that i met with J1 yDNA..he belonged to J-FT96715(J-Μ267).This haplo is associated with Kura-Araxes migrations or with Calcolithic/EBA Anatolian migrations.It is not the same clade thought,but in general Pontic Greeks can have J1 lineages.

That is the guy, he is 3rd one who is J1-ZS3698.

Johnny ola
11-15-2020, 01:29 AM
That is the guy, he is 3rd one who is J1-ZS3698.

That guy is my friend lol.His origins are from Trabzon.His name is Anastasios that's why i told you to tell me his name :)

Jatt1
11-15-2020, 01:44 AM
That guy is my friend lol.His origins are from Giresun.His name is .... that's why i told you to tell me his name :)

Thanks. Great, his kit on FTDNA is under the name Sitaridis and there is no mention of his place of origin. Can I ask you for another favor, can you please ask your friend to register on YFull?

Johnny ola
11-15-2020, 01:50 AM
Thanks. Great, his kit on FTDNA is under the name Leonidas Sitaridis and there is no mention of his place of origin. Can I ask you for another favor, can you please ask your friend to register on YFull?

I can send him a message but i can give you his skype if you want to make a private discuss with him.Anastasios is a familly guy,he does not spending too much time with genetics and stuff.Also he does not know many things upon genetics.Why exactly do you want him to register?

Jatt1
11-15-2020, 02:03 AM
I can send him a message but i can give you his skype if you want to make a private discuss with him. He is a familly guy,he does not spending too much time with genetics and stuff.Also he does not know many things upon genetics.Why exactly do you want him to register?

Thanks. I don't use skype. Being on YFull is better, other two matches of his are already on YFull.

Táltos
11-15-2020, 02:05 AM
Reminder. Please do not use the full name of your matches. It is understandable trying to figure out where a surname is from, but leave out first names.

Johnny ola
11-15-2020, 02:19 AM
Thanks. I don't use skype. Being on YFull is better, other two matches of his are already on YFull.

Well,i can't tell him to pay 50$ for YFULL xD.It's up to you to convince him.But i really doubt that you will find something more informative.His yDNA is very native in the Trabzon/Eastern Pontus area.I used to believe that it is associated with Kohem-Jewish lineages but it is not.It prolly has to do with Kura-Araxes or Anatolian Copper Age/EBA migrations.

Johnny ola
11-15-2020, 02:25 AM

Anyways,i sended him a message,gtg good night!

losAntonis
11-15-2020, 07:09 AM
That guy is my friend lol.His origins are from Trabzon.His name is Anastasios that's why i told you to tell me his name :)

Too funny, I realized afterwards, that I know him also and I did already helped him in genetic matters.

Jatt1
11-15-2020, 08:06 AM
Too funny, I realized afterwards, that I know him also and I did already helped him in genetic matters.

Can I also have your opinion on the origin of his subclade, please? J-FT96715(J-Μ267)? https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-ZS3698/

YousefAlotaibi
01-18-2021, 07:21 PM

YousefAlotaibi
01-18-2021, 07:22 PM
Well,i can't tell him to pay 50$ for YFULL xD.It's up to you to convince him.But i really doubt that you will find something more informative.His yDNA is very native in the Trabzon/Eastern Pontus area.I used to believe that it is associated with Kohem-Jewish lineages but it is not.It prolly has to do with Kura-Araxes or Anatolian Copper Age/EBA migrations.

Can you tell your friend I'm willing to pay $ 50

Johnny ola
01-18-2021, 07:43 PM
Can you tell your friend I'm willing to pay $ 50

And how you are going to do that lol?

passenger
01-19-2021, 02:35 AM
Just a reminder, as it says in our Terms of Service please do not share personal contact info in public posts:

5.1 Anthrogenica is committed to upholding the privacy of all of its members. Please do not give out any personal information such as phone number, postal address, zip code, last name, or anything you do not wish others to know.Users have complete control over what information they wish to share about themselves on their profiles. If a user chooses to ignore this Term, the administration of Anthrogenica cannot be held responsible for any possible consequences.

We're not responsible for policing this, but we'd rather you didn't put yourselves at risk.