PDA

View Full Version : Decryption Tokens

Andrewid
11-25-2020, 01:20 PM
Hi there

I've posted a question on the main site over 24 hours ago but haven't received a response yet.

I never used to have a problem accessing the admixture calculators. Now I receive the following notification: 'paste your decryption token when using the calculators'. I don't recall ever having this. How do I get hold of one? My profile states that I have 100 credits remaining. As a sponsor of the former site, how many credits do I get?

Many thanks

GenoPlot
11-25-2020, 04:06 PM
Hi there
I never used to have a problem accessing the admixture calculators. Now I receive the following notification: 'paste your decryption token when using the calculators'. I don't recall ever having this. How do I get hold of one? My profile states that I have 100 credits remaining. As a sponsor of the former site, how many credits do I get?
Many thanks

Hello,

You are prompted to 'paste your decryption token' when you upload your raw samples using a personal decryption token. If you did not save your personal decryption token at the time of initial upload, then that sample is no longer readable. The easiest solution for a lost/misplaced personal token is to re-upload the raw file. You can choose to upload raw samples without a personal decryption token if saving a local copy of the token is not practical/feasible.

All users are provided 100 credits which replenish monthly. In terms of 'former site', are you referring to the defunct 'nMonte runner' site? Just to clarify, Genoplot is not related, nor is it a successor to that site. We did negotiate an agreement to provide subscriptions to sponsors of that site in return for a redirect to genoplot.com. If you send us details of your sponsorship, we can determine your equivalent subscription level.

Thanks!

Andrewid
11-25-2020, 08:47 PM
Thanks.

My raw data was automatically transferred from the previous site as AG User Andrewid- I didn't need to upload again. The PCA plots still work for me. Joe on the site is now attending to the matter. Do you suggest I upload my raw data again to generate a token code? You actually helped me in the past with a PCA plot, which generated without an issue as the raw data is there:)

But we're now working to resolve the matter. Thanks again!

Andrewid
11-27-2020, 01:13 PM
I've resolved some issues. Raw data uploaded and accepted by site with new token. Admixture calculators weren't working due to outage. But since that was resolved the calculators either count to 100% and then show nothing or the following error message appears:

Error
RAW DNA file not found
ClientError, An error occurred (404) when calling the HeadObject operation: Not Found

Any ideas? The only file contained in the zip file is a txt file but uploaded the zip. I have posted something on site about this too about 16 hours ago. Thanks

heksindhi
11-27-2020, 03:13 PM
I've resolved some issues. Raw data uploaded and accepted by site with new token. Admixture calculators weren't working due to outage. But since that was resolved the calculators either count to 100% and then show nothing or the following error message appears:

Error
RAW DNA file not found
ClientError, An error occurred (404) when calling the HeadObject operation: Not Found

Any ideas? The only file contained in the zip file is a txt file but uploaded the zip. I have posted something on site about this too about 16 hours ago. Thanks

Did you try reloading the RAW file? The AWS outage lasted most of Wednesday into Thursday, but that seems to have cleared up.

GenoPlot
11-27-2020, 04:06 PM

Error
RAW DNA file not found

The Amazon (AWS) outage is indeed over. This is a holiday week in the US (Thanksgiving), so we might respond a little slower than normal but we will definitely get your raw uploads working again ASAP.

Thanks