PDA

View Full Version : Is my assigned Kalash equivalent to my Central Asian score from 23andMe?

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
12-12-2020, 12:34 AM
I guess it just means the same thing but interpreted differently... I'm also curious to know what ethnic group my Central Asian% is most likely to be, perhaps its Pashtun related?

My DNA land results ( with My-Heritage DNA raw data )

African 96%
East African 70%
West African 25%

( Lower Niger Valley 24% )
( Senegal River Valley 1.4% )

West Eurasian 4.5%
Kalash 2.5%
Ambiguous 1.9%

CopperAxe
12-12-2020, 01:18 AM
In my family we have some tales of 'ancestors' (mid/late 1800s) and one was about fighting off slavers from Pakistan(?) pretty deep in Kenya quite close to Mt. Kenya. But I'm not sure how much of it is true and how much is just Kikuyu being Kikuyu lol.

If your family is from Mombasa then that makes sense.

pegasus
12-12-2020, 01:44 AM
I guess it just means the same thing but interpreted differently... I'm also curious to know what ethnic group my Central Asian% is most likely to be, perhaps its Pashtun related?

My DNA land results ( with My-Heritage DNA raw data )

African 96%
East African 70%
West African 25%

( Lower Niger Valley 24% )
( Senegal River Valley 1.4% )

West Eurasian 4.5%
Kalash 2.5%
Ambiguous 1.9%

The Kalash is probably proxying for either Ismaili Khoja or Sikhs as Mombasa, Nairobi had a fairly sizeable community of them,esp Mombasa as Copper Axe mentioned. When I visited Mombasa, many of the upscale villas in Nyali seemed to be owned by Khojas based of the surnames (Damji, Mehrani, Mamdani). Most have migrated to the UK or Canada now.

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
12-12-2020, 12:41 PM
The Kalash is probably proxying for either Ismaili Khoja or Sikhs as Mombasa, Nairobi had a fairly sizeable community of them,esp Mombasa as Copper Axe mentioned. When I visited Mombasa, many of the upscale villas in Nyali seemed to be owned by Khojas based of the surnames (Damji, Mehrani, Mamdani). Most have migrated to the UK or Canada now.

I think its most likely Khoja as you said very spot on indeed, there is also the surname on my mothers side of the family Dossa it appears to be Khoja in origin I found this Khoja website http://khojawiki.org/Alihussein_Rattansi_Dossa it looks like Dossa is a Khoja surname too. According to my family tree my most distant ancestor bearing that surname Dossa is my 2nd great grandfather Salim Ali Dossa he probably was 1/2 Khoja.