PDA

View Full Version : PuntDNAL Global K13 Vahaduo model compilation of all Indonesian results.

Tsakhur
01-15-2021, 04:06 AM
Here are my compilation of all Indonesian gedmatch samples using Vahaduo PuntDNAL K13 Global. The average Indonesian seems to have around 5.3% West Eurasian ancestry based on all the compiled samples. Most of the West Eurasian ancestry they score seem to be South Asian-derived indeed, followed by MENA and then European admixture.

I have the label "Unsure" for many Indonesians because I'm not sure what ethnic groups they are or where in the nation they are originally from. Also the "Eastern Indonesian" labels means that Im certain they are from Eastern parts of the Indonesian archipelago, but I don't know what island/region in Eastern Indonesia they are from or ethnicity they are.

https://i.imgur.com/Gmu8GTI.png

https://i.imgur.com/jIRfkuP.png

https://i.imgur.com/bXH5gZV.png

https://i.imgur.com/VaXnmWJ.png

https://i.imgur.com/dopbaay.png

From what it can be seen here, the West Eurasian ancestry in Indonesian samples as in the PuntDNAL Global K13 compilations that I posted above, is Iran Neolithic (Brahui)+Steppe (Lithuanian) followed by MENA (Saudi- maybe I should used Yemeni to get a clearer picture), and European (German_North+Spaniard) admixture.

And another interesting observation is it seems like almost all the Indonesian samples from Sumatra in the West to Maluku/Moluccas in the East, shows West Eurasian ancestry from as little as 1% to as high as 14-15%. And there are even a few heavily MENA and European admixed individuals who can be around 25% West Eurasian but those are outliers. The most West Eurasian admixed islands seems to be Sumatra (especially in regions like Aceh, West Sumatra) and Java or Bali, and the least West Eurasian admixed regions seems to be some remote islands in Eastern Indonesia or from the more isolated tribes in interior Borneo.

Its crazy that the Indian, MENA and European settlers, traders and colonists could have such a massive and widespread genetic impact on Indonesia that literally almost every Indonesian gedmatch sample from the West to East of the archipelago shows West Eurasian admixture even as minor as 1-3%.

Anyway reiterating my previous point, the average Indonesian seems to have 5.3% West Eurasian ancestry based on all the results that I complied using PuntDNAL K13 Global Vahaduo.

What do you think? Thoughts?

okarinaofsteiner
01-15-2021, 05:52 AM
I noticed that the individuals with higher levels of "Simulated_AASI" tend to have either "Brahui" or "Lithuanian" (the West Eurasian in one person is just from "Spanish")- but very few have both "Brahui" and "Lithuanian".

Max_H
01-15-2021, 08:50 PM
Here are my compilation of all Indonesian gedmatch samples using Vahaduo PuntDNAL K13 Global. The average Indonesian seems to have around 5.3% West Eurasian ancestry based on all the compiled samples. Most of the West Eurasian ancestry they score seem to be South Asian-derived indeed, followed by MENA and then European admixture.

Anyway reiterating my previous point, the average Indonesian seems to have 5.3% West Eurasian ancestry based on all the results that I complied using PuntDNAL K13 Global Vahaduo.

What do you think? Thoughts?

Neat, but the Yoruba admixture is odd, likely compensating for something else.

Tsakhur
01-16-2021, 04:19 AM
Neat, but the Yoruba admixture is odd, likely compensating for something else.

Yes I added the Yoruba/West African to improve the distance fits for my run as a lot of these Indonesian gedmatch users also score negligible amounts of SSA in PuntDNAL K13. I think the Yoruba is a signal of Arab admixture in Indonesia, while I used Saudi as a source to capture any MENA ancestry.

I can also try using Yemeni instead of Saudi as I have noticed that the minor African (Yoruba) seems to disappear when the former is used instead of the latter. Which makes sense as Yemenis have a lot of SSA admixture compared to Saudis. And Yemenis seem to make up the vast majority of Arabs who traded and migrated to Indonesia.

Tsakhur
01-16-2021, 01:19 PM
I noticed that the individuals with higher levels of "Simulated_AASI" tend to have either "Brahui" or "Lithuanian" (the West Eurasian in one person is just from "Spanish")- but very few have both "Brahui" and "Lithuanian".

What do you think is the factor behind this? Could it be that the Brahui represented more of South Indian gene flow while Lithuanian represented more of North Indian admixture? Because South Indians seems to be mainly Iranian_Farmer (Brahui acting as proxy here) while North Indians/Pakistanis have a lot more Steppe (using Lithuanian as the proxy) along with Iranian Farmer.

The individual who score only Spanish shows that his/her West Eurasian is primarily European. Even though I think it ought to be Dutch rather than Iberian/Spanish. But there were also Portuguese presence in Indonesia during colonial times as well so maybe the Spanish represented that.

Max_H
01-16-2021, 02:22 PM
Yes I added the Yoruba/West African to improve the distance fits for my run as a lot of these Indonesian gedmatch users also score negligible amounts of SSA in PuntDNAL K13. I think the Yoruba is a signal of Arab admixture in Indonesia, while I used Saudi as a source to capture any MENA ancestry.

I can also try using Yemeni instead of Saudi as I have noticed that the minor African (Yoruba) seems to disappear when the former is used instead of the latter. Which makes sense as Yemenis have a lot of SSA admixture compared to Saudis. And Yemenis seem to make up the vast majority of Arabs who traded and migrated to Indonesia.

Do you know if other Southeast Asians show this SSA affinity? I was more inclined to dismiss it as archaic ancestry etc, but since you mentioned some samples show it in K13 (do you know in what amounts?) then perhaps it reflects actual Arab ancestry.

okarinaofsteiner
01-17-2021, 01:13 AM
What do you think is the factor behind this? Could it be that the Brahui represented more of South Indian gene flow while Lithuanian represented more of North Indian admixture? Because South Indians seems to be mainly Iranian_Farmer (Brahui acting as proxy here) while North Indians/Pakistanis have a lot more Steppe (using Lithuanian as the proxy) along with Iranian Farmer.

I'm guessing it's a similar issue as non-East Eurasian people who have slight East Eurasian admixture only scoring "Austronesian" or only scoring "Tungus_Altaic" in MDLP K23b. It doesn't mean that their East Eurasian ancestry is 100% "Austronesian" or 100% "Tungus_Altaic". It just means that the specific DNA areas that the GEDmatch calculator looks at to calculate ancestry happened to match those ancestry components.