PDA

View Full Version : Wulf's Geno 2.0 results...

Wulf Talented
03-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Although I'm yet to receive them, I have titled the thread as such for when I do...

How long does Stage 4 - 'Quality Control' generally take?

I got bored and wanted to see what Geno 2.0 will say about my Y and MtDNA, probably not much more than I already know but I still went for it for curiosity sake.
I ordered Geno 2.0 in like Early January and sent my kit literally the next day after I received it. It's been so long I forgot I even took the DNA test until on the 1st I got an email saying my Kit was in it's final stages ( stage 4 ). So I'm just wondering, do I have to wait much longer?

Thanks!

MikeWhalen
03-06-2014, 12:15 AM
Congrats on getting an email from them Wulf...I never did...I kept manually checking in and it went from nothing for several months to stage 4 quality control.
to answer your question, for me, the 'stage 4' time period was roughly 2-3 weeks...but based on feedback to questions I asked at the time, it all seems quite variable and one persons experience can be very different from anothers for no apparent reason

but the good news is I suspect your wait is coming to an end

good luck

Mike

Wulf Talented
03-07-2014, 08:17 PM
but the good news is I suspect your wait is coming to an end

Mike

Thanks Mike, I sure hope so. Very interested to see what shows up!

Wulf Talented
03-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Results are in!

Nothing new, 23andMe report 3% neanderthal, only 1.4% from Geno.

Y-DNA - RCTS8401

BRANCH: M17
LOCATION OF ORIGIN: CENTRAL ASIA OR SOUTH ASIA
The earliest members of this lineage lived on the grassy steppes between Central and South Asia, nomadic steppe dwellers. Over time they spread as far west as Western Europe and as far east as East Asia.

Today, geneticists have found it in about 25 percent of the male population in Iceland. It is between 5 and 23 percent of the male population in the Ukraine. It is around 14 percent of the population in Kyrgyzstan. It is around 18 percent of male lineages in Bangladesh.

POINT OF INTEREST
Descendants of this lineage may have belonged to the groups responsible for the spread of Indo-European languages, which include English, French, German, Russian, Bengali, and Hindi, among many others.

MtDNA - W1g.

BRANCH: W1G
LOCATION OF ORIGIN: EUROPE
Today, this lineage is present in Portugal and in Jewish Diaspora groups, such as Ashkenazi Jews.

Note: This branch is not accompanied by a major movement on the map, and research on this branch is continuing.

Reference Populations...

British

German

Neanderthal and Denisovan ancestry..