PDA

View Full Version : Raw data, imputation

Aben Aboo
01-28-2021, 10:04 PM
Hello, Does My Heritage make imputation or not? Because i had seen on this forum that 23andMe does it. Thank you

altvred
01-28-2021, 10:15 PM
Yeah, you can upload raw data from 23andMe, and it works just fine. If that was the question you were asking.

Aben Aboo
01-28-2021, 10:30 PM
Yeah, you can upload raw data from 23andMe, and it works just fine. If that was the question you were asking.

Thank you, but it's not my question.
I'm just asking about imputation from My Heritage, not about to upload raw data from 23andMe to MyHeritage ;).
And for me upload my 23andMe to MyHeritage was not very good, in my case, Ancestry to MyHeritage was better.

JerryS.
01-29-2021, 02:47 AM
Thank you, but it's not my question.
I'm just asking about imputation from My Heritage, not about to upload raw data from 23andMe to MyHeritage ;).
And for me upload my 23andMe to MyHeritage was not very good, in my case, Ancestry to MyHeritage was better.

my Ancestry raw data uploaded to MH gave me some strange results. there are those that say the imputation used to convert 23/ v3 to v5 or vice versa is suspect or at least not as good as plain data that has not imputations obviously. based on my A* to MH results I'd say there is something quite different in how they decipher the data. but even 23/ changed dramatically in my case with their last update. in fact, the most consistent for me has been the G25 using Vahaduo, particularly when I select individual population samples.

Aben Aboo
01-29-2021, 03:48 AM
@Jerry ok, thanks and do you know if MyHeritage makes imputation or not?(my question is not about an upload from X DNA society to MyHeritage)

JerryS.
01-29-2021, 01:50 PM
@Jerry ok, thanks and do you know if MyHeritage makes imputation or not?(my question is not about an upload from X DNA society to MyHeritage)

I'm sorry, I do not know if they do so for their own raw data deciphering. I read an article that says they do use imputations for raw data from other sources.

Aben Aboo
01-29-2021, 09:44 PM
I'm sorry, I do not know if they do so for their own raw data deciphering. I read an article that says they do use imputations for raw data from other sources.

Ok, i see no problem, thank you for your answer my dear.

Victorious
02-03-2021, 04:11 AM
They do https://blog.myheritage.com/2018/01/major-updates-and-improvements-to-myheritage-dna-matching/

Aben Aboo
02-03-2021, 04:30 AM
They do https://blog.myheritage.com/2018/01/major-updates-and-improvements-to-myheritage-dna-matching/

Hi,
Oh thank you. And do you now please if Ancestry does it?

JerryS.
02-03-2021, 05:07 AM
Hi,
Oh thank you. And do you now please if Ancestry does it?

It would be absolutely terrible of ancestry .com used imputations in their raw data after so many have said that they are some of the best and so many have talked about the downfalls limitations and other type of possible errors with imputated data.

Aben Aboo
02-04-2021, 04:09 AM
It would be absolutely terrible of ancestry .com used imputations in their raw data after so many have said that they are some of the best and so many have talked about the downfalls limitations and other type of possible errors with imputated data.

Yeah, i see.
I Ask about that because my G25 coords are from a combined kit, MyHeritageandAncestry.
I have too 23andMe RawData but i had seen 23andMe is not very good for G25, because the imputation. So, i don't know very well what is better, if i send again data just from Ancestry or combined MyHeritage+Ancestry+23AndMe....

JerryS.
02-04-2021, 04:14 AM
Yeah, i see.
I Ask about that because my G25 coords are from a combined kit, MyHeritageandAncestry.
I have too 23andMe RawData but i had seen 23andMe is not very good for G25, because the imputation. So, i don't know very well what is better, if i send again data just from Ancestry or combined MyHeritage+Ancestry+23AndMe...

my best advise is to send raw 23 and separate raw Ancestry data for G25 coordinates and compare them once returned. that's what I did and they are somewhat close but breakdowns can be different and the 23 data usually gives a little larger distance.

Aben Aboo
02-04-2021, 06:22 AM
Hmm, thank you for your adwise.
I think firstly, i will send Ancestry because raw data seems better for G25, with no imputation. Thank you.

digital_noise
02-04-2021, 08:56 AM
yea if you have Ancestry data, there's absolutely no need to send 23 and me either.

lana6765
02-05-2021, 05:27 PM
my best advise is to send raw 23 and separate raw Ancestry data for G25 coordinates and compare them once returned. that's what I did and they are somewhat close but breakdowns can be different and the 23 data usually gives a little larger distance.

I did this. The results seemed very close, which is reassuring.

In the breakdowns I had most of the same populations with only minor differences: e.g. more Cossacks, haha :D

Edit: My GEDmatch results were close as well. In the end I created a combined kit, but the results were almost the same as my AncestryDNA results.

Aben Aboo
02-06-2021, 01:01 AM
Thank you all