PDA

View Full Version : the exact provinces of public Turkish G25 samples (north, northwestern etc)

eolien
02-09-2021, 01:49 PM
Could we get the exact official provinces or even districts of each sample of said populations divided according to cardinal/ordinal directions?

bovefex
02-09-2021, 02:35 PM
Maybe you should ask one of the members of the TurkishDNAProject. Please also post it here, should you ask and get an answer.

eolien
02-09-2021, 03:03 PM
Maybe you should ask one of the members of the TurkishDNAProject. Please also post it here, should you ask and get an answer.

I think they don't like my criticism and ideas :) therefore i hope they will post it here.

bovefex
02-09-2021, 03:10 PM
I think they don't like my criticism and ideas :) therefore i hope they will post it here.

Very well :)

bovefex
02-09-2021, 03:50 PM
I just PM'ed Leper, and while it seems you can find which provinces were used creating an average for each region on their website, finding which individual sample corresponds with which province is difficult even for them, due to all samples being anonymized.

Anyway, for the interested, here is a part of their website where you can see what I was talking about https://turkishdnaproject.com/en/genetic-modelling/.

Liquid
02-09-2021, 10:59 PM
I just PM'ed Leper, and while it seems you can find which provinces were used creating an average for each region on their website, finding which individual sample corresponds with which province is difficult even for them, due to all samples being anonymized.

Anyway, for the interested, here is a part of their website where you can see what I was talking about https://turkishdnaproject.com/en/genetic-modelling/.

Thanks I've been waiting for their website to come back online

02-10-2021, 11:21 PM
Please stay on topic and no personal attacks or politicized discussion here.

eolien
02-11-2021, 09:05 AM

ooh this is sad, i wonder who anonymized the samples?