PDA

View Full Version : Unable to see members' other Y and mtDNA

leorcooper19
03-02-2021, 06:45 PM
Hello,

I just realized that I am not able to see my own maternal grandfather's Y or paternal grandmother's mtDNA on my own posts underneath where my avatar would be, or these for any other member. I looked around in settings for a fix but couldn't find any. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

deadly77
03-02-2021, 06:57 PM
Hello,

I just realized that I am not able to see my own maternal grandfather's Y or paternal grandmother's mtDNA on my own posts underneath where my avatar would be, or these for any other member. I looked around in settings for a fix but couldn't find any. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

I can see yours on your post above: Y-DNA (M): I-Z60, mtDNA (P): V7a looking at my own view of your post. Perhaps if you take a screenshot, might be able to see where the problem is.

leorcooper19
03-02-2021, 07:03 PM
I can see yours on your post above: Y-DNA (M): I-Z60, mtDNA (P): V7a looking at my own view of your post. Perhaps if you take a screenshot, might be able to see where the problem is.

Thanks for your response. This is what I see for you: https://ibb.co/ypxdN4J

Pylsteen
03-02-2021, 07:09 PM
I only see the grey texts when logged out, should be the other way around I think.

EDIT: as said below, this has to do with the "default" view, switching to another solves it.

deadly77
03-02-2021, 07:10 PM
Ah, ok. The reason you don't see my Y-DNA (M) or mtDNA (P) is because I haven't filled those in - simply because I don't know what haplogroups they are - ie, haven't tested a relevant person. I've only filled in Y-DNA (P) and mtDNA (M) on my profile. Different users can choose what they include from "My Profile" then the "About Me" tab but not everyone does.

However, from your post, you said that you weren't able to see your own. Is that still the case?

leorcooper19
03-02-2021, 07:15 PM
Ah, ok. The reason you don't see my Y-DNA (M) or mtDNA (P) is because I haven't filled those in - simply because I don't know what haplogroups they are - ie, haven't tested a relevant person. I've only filled in Y-DNA (P) and mtDNA (M) on my profile. Different users can choose what they include from "My Profile" then the "About Me" tab but not everyone does.

However, from your post, you said that you weren't able to see your own. Is that still the case?

Ah lol that would make sense then. But yes, that is still the case. I can't see my own nor those of any individual on the forum.

What I see for mine: https://ibb.co/DWfqt4C

deadly77
03-02-2021, 07:26 PM
From the screenshot you posted, it looks like you can see mine? AT least I can see my haplogroups I-L338 and J1c1 from the screenshot you took.

Here's what I'm seeing for you 43656

Are you viewing this on your phone or one of the alternative views? Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and look to the left for the style chooser. Switch that to BittenFruit_fluid style. If it's already on that, switch to one of the others and then switch it back.

leorcooper19
03-02-2021, 07:31 PM
From the screenshot you posted, it looks like you can see mine? AT least I can see my haplogroups I-L338 and J1c1 from the screenshot you took.

Here's what I'm seeing for you 43656

Are you viewing this on your phone or one of the alternative views? Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and look to the left for the style chooser. Switch that to BittenFruit_fluid style. If it's already on that, switch to one of the others and then switch it back.

Awesome! Looks like the issue was that I was on the "Default Style", which apparently does not allow for/include these other uniparentals. I've switched to BittenFruit_fluid and I can now see mine. Thanks for your help!

deadly77
03-02-2021, 07:55 PM
That seems to be it - I switched mine to "Default Style" and it's now only displaying two haplogroups for you rather than four. Glad we were able to figure this out.