PDA

View Full Version : Can we get a sub-forum for Britains DNA, etc.

Wing Genealogist
03-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Could we have a forum to talk about the Chromo2 results from BritainsDNA/IrelandsDNA/Scotlands DNA?

For instance, Under R1b, their S499 (Z301) probe is not working correctly. It is recording everyone as negative, even folks who have tested positive for its subclades.

I have contacted YSEQ, and they will be making S499 available for purchase.

AJL
03-23-2014, 05:45 PM
I have moved this to the Suggestions subforum under Forum Support.

Scarlet Ibis
03-24-2014, 01:01 AM
Could we have a forum to talk about the Chromo2 results from BritainsDNA/IrelandsDNA/Scotlands DNA?

For instance, Under R1b, their S499 (Z301) probe is not working correctly. It is recording everyone as negative, even folks who have tested positive for its subclades.

I have contacted YSEQ, and they will be making S499 available for purchase.

Yes, done. Existing threads about BritainsDNA/Chromo2 will be gradually moved into the sub-section within the upcoming days.

BritainsDNA
03-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Thank you for drawing our attention to this - we have now removed S499 from the list of working YSNPs, and I will check whether we have an equivalent working SNP for this branch. Please get in touch with me directly (angelika@scotlandsdna.com) if you have queries about any other Chromo2 SNPs, or have noticed that your results are in conflict with results from elsewhere.