PDA

View Full Version : Reliability on haplogroup results

Dani91
04-13-2021, 03:31 PM
Hello,

I uploaded my 23andme raw data File on Adntro/MorleyDNA/YSEQ(Which differentiates Positive calls in green and negative calls in red)/Dnagenics/Wegene/Geneanet and I got these results => E-L677/CTS9547+ V22+ [E1b1b1a1b2]. Do you think it's reliable ?
I didn't have any discrepancies same for the MtDNA.

Dani

Riverman
04-13-2021, 04:49 PM
Hello,

I uploaded my 23andme raw data File on Adntro/MorleyDNA/YSEQ(Which differentiates Positive calls in green and negative calls in red)/Dnagenics/Wegene/Geneanet and I got these results => E-L677/CTS9547+ V22+ [E1b1b1a1b2]. Do you think it's reliable ?
I didn't have any discrepancies same for the MtDNA.

Dani

It was reliable for me, since I did an BigY test afterwards with the same result. Obviously, you won't get the exact subclade, which probably is the most interesting part, but the direction and general haplogroup should be correct. If the DNA-test is yours, and this should be visible by the autosomal result, the prediction is usually correct. You will always find exceptional cases where it isn't, most likely.

Dani91
04-13-2021, 05:01 PM
It was reliable for me, since I did an BigY test afterwards with the same result. Obviously, you won't get the exact subclade, which probably is the most interesting part, but the direction and general haplogroup should be correct. If the DNA-test is yours, and this should be visible by the autosomal result, the prediction is usually correct. You will always find exceptional cases where it isn't, most likely.

Hello Riverman , thank you for this feedback. To be honest, I don't know much about genetics. I had read this post[https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?15561-Warning-about-S47-in-the-23andme-v5-test-MorleyDNA-com-Y-SNP-and-WeGene] and got worried. I don't know if the problem is linked to the 23andme Raw Data File or rather of the 23andme's interpretation of it.

Ibericus
04-13-2021, 05:08 PM
Welcome! mine was reliable too. May I ask where you are from? If you want to know more let me strongly warn you against doing a Yseq panel. The vast majority of us who bought such panels have gone on to buy either BigY or a WGS test. Save yourself some money and go big from the start.

Dani91
04-13-2021, 05:18 PM
Hello , Thank you very Much.
I'm originally from the Middle-East. To be honest with you, I ordered last week the Top-Level Orientation Panel.
The Company communicated this to me : "We'll find your last SNP on the known Y-tree with the TOP panel. We work with YFull's tree and sometimes with FTDNA's tree.".
Does this product lack reliability ?

Ibericus
04-13-2021, 05:31 PM
Hello , Thank you very Much.
I'm originally from the Middle-East. To be honest with you, I ordered last week the Top-Level Orientation Panel.
The Company communicated this to me : "We'll find your last SNP on the known Y-tree with the TOP panel. We work with YFull's tree and sometimes with FTDNA's tree.".
Does this product lack reliability ?

Well, too late then ;) It's not unreliable at all, in fact it's highly reliable. It's just that they only look for existing SNPs so you get little data. It's a good starter but I bet soon you will splurging in a bigger test.

Dani91
05-10-2021, 04:35 PM
Well, too late then ;) It's not unreliable at all, in fact it's highly reliable. It's just that they only look for existing SNPs so you get little data. It's a good starter but I bet soon you will splurging in a bigger test.

Hello,

I received today the confirmation indicating that I am M96 (G+) => E-V22 (C+).
Now SNPs Processing waiting for New results.

digital_noise
05-10-2021, 04:56 PM
I know itís more money, but once you get final results, consider uploading to Yfull. That way you can maximize matching across the various companies that do these Y tests.

Artmar
05-12-2021, 09:22 PM
I know it’s more money, but once you get final results, consider uploading to Yfull. That way you can maximize matching across the various companies that do these Y tests.

He is doing an SNP Pack, how can he upload these results to YFull?

JMcB
05-13-2021, 02:40 AM
He is doing an SNP Pack, how can he upload these results to YFull?

He wonít be able to upload his results to YFull because they only accept NGS or WGS tests. Perhaps, some day in the future but I suspect the future is a long way off.

digital_noise
05-13-2021, 05:21 AM
yea, my mistake. I assumed it was a Big Y or equivalent test thus why I recommended it. Sorry to cause confusion!

Artmar
05-13-2021, 02:48 PM
He wonít be able to upload his results to YFull because they only accept NGS or WGS tests. Perhaps, some day in the future but I suspect the future is a long way off.

I know, that was rhetoric question :). I have heard of such possible feature but I think they have some other priorities now (like calculation errors and mtDNA tree that is still experimental)

JoeyP37
05-13-2021, 05:06 PM
I would like to say that 23andme is hit or miss when it comes to the haplogroup assignments; I got my YP445 there, with a MRCA in the early middle ages, while a cousin got just R-P311, whose MRCA is during the Bell Beaker period. If you have a rare subclade you're in trouble, or a new subclade, because it takes a while to get it on the chip. I was fortunate in that there are a lot of German-Americans testing, and the subclade is found most frequently among those of us with male-line origins in Germany, with lesser amounts in neighboring countries.

digital_noise
05-14-2021, 12:11 AM
I would like to say that 23andme is hit or miss when it comes to the haplogroup assignments; I got my YP445 there, with a MRCA in the early middle ages, while a cousin got just R-P311, whose MRCA is during the Bell Beaker period. If you have a rare subclade you're in trouble, or a new subclade, because it takes a while to get it on the chip. I was fortunate in that there are a lot of German-Americans testing, and the subclade is found most frequently among those of us with male-line origins in Germany, with lesser amounts in neighboring countries.

Well, they are not wrong tho. It just depends how far down “the line” you land. I’ve never once seen someone say they were incorrectly assigned.

Dani91
07-14-2021, 01:32 PM
Hello Everyone,

I finally received my final result from YSEQ.
My Last SNP is : E-CTS567 => E-CTS6080 => E-CTS9334 => E-FGC62866(E-FGC62855) [TMRCA : 5200 ybp].

According to Yfull, there are a Lebanese from Mount Lebanon, a Palestinian from Nablus (Maybe a Samaritan) and a Jordanian from Amman who belong to this SNP :

Here's the Theoretical Computed Path on Phylogeographer :

I'm originally from the Near-East.

Agamemnon
07-14-2021, 02:12 PM
Hello Everyone,

I finally received my final result from YSEQ.
My Last SNP is : E-CTS567 => E-CTS6080 => E-CTS9334 => E-FGC62866(E-FGC62855) [TMRCA : 5200 ybp].

According to Yfull, there are a Lebanese from Mount Lebanon, a Palestinian from Nablus (Maybe a Samaritan) and a Jordanian from Amman who belong to this SNP :

Here's the Theoretical Computed Path on Phylogeographer :

Correct, the sample from Shekhem (Nablus) is a Samaritan kohen, this is the branch carried by Samaritan Levite priests (who claim descent from Aaron).

hartaisarlag
07-14-2021, 02:31 PM

Where from, specifically?

Dani91
07-14-2021, 02:36 PM
From Syria [Damascus].

Agamemnon
07-14-2021, 02:46 PM
From Syria [Damascus].

There used to be a Samaritan community in Damascus until the 17th century, for that matter the Danfi clan (comprising the Altif, Sassoni-Sirrawi, Meshallema and Shalabi families) is said to have come from Damascus though they carry a branch of J2a (J-Y27539 (https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Y27539/)). You could be of Samaritan descent along your paternal line, just a thought, you might want to upload to YFull (which would help us verify this possibility).

Dani91
07-14-2021, 02:56 PM
It's possible.

Dani91
07-18-2021, 05:03 PM
There used to be a Samaritan community in Damascus until the 17th century, for that matter the Danfi clan (comprising the Altif, Sassoni-Sirrawi, Meshallema and Shalabi families) is said to have come from Damascus though they carry a branch of J2a (J-Y27539 (https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Y27539/)). You could be of Samaritan descent along your paternal line, just a thought, you might want to upload to YFull (which would help us verify this possibility).

Hello,

By entering the SNP reference on the website http://scaledinnovation.com [Which would appear to be consistent with the FTDNA Database], i noticed that the path isn't quite the same as that proposed by Phylogeographer and that therefore it sends me back to the side of the Aegean Sea:

For me it's to be taken with a grain of salt.
Even regarding the Years of Mutation there are distinctions between the Data on these sites and even on Yfull.

One of the most important information to take into account coult be the Matches with other people according to their origins ...

Dani91
07-23-2021, 06:49 PM
Hello Everyone,

I realized last week that there was an SNP under E-FGC62855 on Yfull but it isn't visible with a classic view.

But it appears when you click on the live view :

I then asked YSEQ if it would be possible to integrate it into their Database and it was done quickly.
The test was therefore started after paying an additional amount and the result was provided to me today => E-FT161981 G+.
It seems to me that this one was determined with the Big Y-700.
Moreover, this one doesn't communicate with Phylogeography for the moment because it's being integrated on Yfull.

I was able to have more elements through scaledinnovation :

It sends me to the Levant with a ybp of 1100 years [Medieval Period] :