PDA

View Full Version : R-z92 is my Y-haplogroup

PapaJoe
05-06-2021, 11:31 PM
I know there is a better known R1a->Z92 Y-haplogroup, but 23&me says I'm R-Z92 (with R being M207 and R1a being M420). Best estimate for the first examples of R-Z92 I can find on the web is 4000+- ybp.

I also have an somewhat uncommon admixture. There is very little.

My Y-DNA is R-Z92 and my overall DNA profile is 49.5% Polish (at the 50% confidence level)
My mtDNA is K1b1b, ancient Irish/Welsh/Scot/Briton per 23&me, and my overall DNA profiles shows 49.3% British Isles, most likely Irish.
The other 0.2% is ancient Mesopotamian/Caucasian/Persian (per 23&me)

But since this is the Y-Group thread, it appears my father's family show up in North East Poland, not far from Lithuania and Belarus around 4,000 years ago, kept to themselves, and are still here 4000 years later. The family name is the same as the local village, so it's likely the family has been in that area of Poland for a long time, and now come to America.

Is that a reasonable interpretation?

If so, how do 4000 year old DNA lines still exist?

I've concluded (bases on what info I can find) that R-Z92 would be considered a pre-Russian population?

Does anyone else know anything to add, or has an opinion? :)

I see there is a R-Z93 thread, and I'll post there as well.

Thanks!
Joe

dmyeosock
09-22-2021, 02:24 PM
Hey Joe, I am Z92 with ancesteral heritage in Zemplin and Presov regions of Slovakia and I am a third generation born in America. My MtDNA is H6a1 which is a common Slavic group. I suspect that my ancestors originated from The Grand Duchy and received some sort of service and moved to Slovakia where they could freely practice the Pravoslavni ..Orthodox/ Byzantine type of Old Church Slavonic Liturgical practices which may have been prohobited because of the Latinization occuring in Poland in the 16th century... partitions of Poland etc... I suspect that your family may have a long history of military service and that we originate out of the Turkish like Indo Europeans. When we trace the footsteps of Z92 you can follow your ancestors from the Tarim Basin in the Xingxong provinence of Northwest China... almost all of the mummies found here are R1a and are parental to Z92. It is the assumption the we are from among the Yuezhi people of Xingxong. None-the-less, we often see Z92 reported as Venedes in the Balto-Slavic lands and there is a prominent connection with Venetian which I would assert trading partners and although ethnically diverse but bound by non-kingdom tribal alliances. Because R1a was the line to first domesticate a horse, there is a strong correlation with horesback migration and calvary like practices which lead to the overwhelming employment of our genera (Z92 branch) in military service. In fact, that would be an excellent genetic study to conduct. Gotta run but thanks for the post it was interesting... My ancestors were in the Mazovian District prior to migration to Slovakia per inference of your 4,000 byr reference above and it was Sigmund I that somehow received the Presov region in exchange from the Hungarians and it prospered with Polish immigrants

hantrolugharsts
09-22-2021, 02:58 PM
I know there is a better known R1a->Z92 Y-haplogroup, but 23&me says I'm R-Z92 (with R being M207 and R1a being M420). Best estimate for the first examples of R-Z92 I can find on the web is 4000+- ybp.

I also have an somewhat uncommon admixture. There is very little.

My Y-DNA is R-Z92 and my overall DNA profile is 49.5% Polish (at the 50% confidence level)
My mtDNA is K1b1b, ancient Irish/Welsh/Scot/Briton per 23&me, and my overall DNA profiles shows 49.3% British Isles, most likely Irish.
The other 0.2% is ancient Mesopotamian/Caucasian/Persian (per 23&me)

But since this is the Y-Group thread, it appears my father's family show up in North East Poland, not far from Lithuania and Belarus around 4,000 years ago, kept to themselves, and are still here 4000 years later. The family name is the same as the local village, so it's likely the family has been in that area of Poland for a long time, and now come to America.

Is that a reasonable interpretation?

If so, how do 4000 year old DNA lines still exist?

I've concluded (bases on what info I can find) that R-Z92 would be considered a pre-Russian population?

Does anyone else know anything to add, or has an opinion? :)

I see there is a R-Z93 thread, and I'll post there as well.

Thanks!
Joe

I don't understand why it was kept secret?

JoeyP37
09-22-2021, 03:31 PM
I think what we have here is someone confusing Z93, an Indo-Iranian haplogroup, with Z92, an East Baltic haplogroup. Z92 is found in Eastern Europe and is found in Balts and Slavs and is descended from Z280, which is three steps down (Z283-Z282-Z280) from Z93's parent, Z645.

J1 DYS388=13
09-22-2021, 04:27 PM
Look at all the further branches there are under Z92. Consider testing in full detail. https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Z92/

PapaJoe
10-12-2021, 10:24 PM
I think what we have here is someone confusing Z93, an Indo-Iranian haplogroup, with Z92, an East Baltic haplogroup. Z92 is found in Eastern Europe and is found in Balts and Slavs and is descended from Z280, which is three steps down (Z283-Z282-Z280) from Z93's parent, Z645.

I'm a little confused about the R-z92 thing. There is a R1a(M420)-z92 and a R(M207)-z92. I checked with the 23andMe folks, and mine is definitely the R-z92, but I am confused because I would have assumed that R-z92 is a subclade of R, but further reading indicates that might not be so.

I also don't know how R1a-z92 and R-z92 differs. 23andme claims they are different, but I'm not sure how.

PapaJoe
10-12-2021, 10:38 PM
Hi, I'm assuming you are referring to the bolded part of my comment.

"4,000 years ago, kept to themselves, and are still here 4000 years later. "

My apology for the English phrase "kept to themselves". That means that they apparently didn't intermingle genetically with whatever invaders came though. I know the Russians and Germans invaded numerous times. This supposition is based on the fact that all of my paternal autosomal DNA is Polish. No Russian or German or any other autosomal DNA.

That may not be a valid supposition, but if there was intermingling, I would expect some autosomal German or Russian (or other) DNA.