PDA

View Full Version : Conflicting results on SNP tracker

Drewson_
05-21-2021, 08:57 PM
Hello, I recently came across the SNP/surname tracker on scaledinnovation.com and got some conflicting results. The regular tracker shows my ancestry as going from the British isles to medieval Norway, while the British and Irish tracker shows my origin as being in southwestern Ireland. I'm not really sure which to believe, however my hunch is that the B&I tracker would be more accurate as my earliest known paternal ancestor was an American born in 1818, and America didn't have significant Norwegian immigration until much later. Other people have suggested it could be due to Irish slaves in Norway, but again I'm skeptical. I'm curious to know what you guys think.44745447464474744748

vettor
05-21-2021, 09:19 PM
Hello, I recently came across the SNP/surname tracker on scaledinnovation.com and got some conflicting results. The regular tracker shows my ancestry as going from the British isles to medieval Norway, while the British and Irish tracker shows my origin as being in southwestern Ireland. I'm not really sure which to believe, however my hunch is that the B&I tracker would be more accurate as my earliest known paternal ancestor was an American born in 1818, and America didn't have significant Norwegian immigration until much later. Other people have suggested it could be due to Irish slaves in Norway, but again I'm skeptical. I'm curious to know what you guys think.44745447464474744748

try without "smooth path" ....sometimes it is better

Drewson_
05-21-2021, 09:57 PM
try without "smooth path" ....sometimes it is better

Here's what it looks like unsmoothed. Would it be reasonable to assume that the Norwegian is due to relatives being from there and not myself? the U-turn (as well as the dates) is throwing me off a bit.