PDA

View Full Version : Q-YP1237

Israelite_Wolfman
06-06-2021, 01:23 PM
Hey, I was wondering whether anyone here belongs to this Haplogroup as well? Especially Iberians...?

leorcooper19
06-07-2021, 01:02 AM
Hey, I was wondering whether anyone here belongs to this Haplogroup as well? Especially Iberians...?

I don't think I've seen anyone else in this one on AG. Where is your paternal line from if you don't mind me asking? I've looked into this lineage (AB-424) before; seems like a solidly Sephardi clade by Q-BZ3048 (https://www.yfull.com/tree/Q-BZ3048/), but with an upstream Assyrian Christian from Kerala. Given the divergence is only 1150 ybp, I'm tempted to think they have a Paradesi paternal line. However, what are the chances that their line has stayed in Asia this whole time and Q-BZ3048 was the clade that migrated (with Babylonian Jews?) to Sepharad?

Israelite_Wolfman
06-07-2021, 08:29 AM
Thank you for your thorough reply! My Y-DNA derives from Moroccan Jews (in the last 5 Centuries; Our surname indicates an Asturian residence prior). Avotaynu had estimated it to have arose in the Maghreb around 700 to 900 years ago, so I had suspected it may have made the pier jump to Iberia either during the Banu Ifran conquest of Morocco in 1032 or at the Al-Muwahidun's days in the 12th Century.
I had also considered the Iraqi connection knowing that Babylonian Jews did migrate to Iberia and Morocco in the 10th and 12th Centuries (the best example is Abraham Bar Hiyya).
I am also aware of this haplogroup's presence in India, though I found a Syriac Christian who was tested for it.. Knowing Avotaynu's hypothesis, it's in the realm of possibility that the Indian guy/s are descendants of Algerian Jews who are recorded to have traded with India in the Cairo Genizah
Edit: Richard Ayoun. "Tiaret (Tahert)." Encyclopedia of Jews in the Islamic World. Executive Editor Norman A. Stillman. Brill Online, 2013 by the 12th Century while pogroms took place in Algeria; so perhaps they moved there permanently.

Israelite_Wolfman
06-08-2021, 04:06 PM
Just wanted to update that according to the data Avotaynu had til February this haplogroup was recorded in 11 North African Jews (mostly Moroccan Jews, but also among Algerian Jews and Tunisian Jews), 1 Christian from India and 2 Moroccan muslims who were suspected of having a Jewish converted ancestor. I wonder whether it is part of Western Asian Jewish diasporas as well.