PDA

View Full Version : How do I contact my matches

Murphy
08-29-2021, 11:49 PM
Hello,

I have had Y DNA sequenced through FGC and was wondering how can I email my matches? Or is this not possible?

Thank you!

deadly77
08-30-2021, 08:00 AM
Hello,

I have had Y DNA sequenced through FGC and was wondering how can I email my matches? Or is this not possible?

Thank you!

I'm not sure that they have an internal messaging system - the likely approach would be to contact FGC themselves and ask them if they would forward a message or your contact details to your matches. My excel file just lists FGC kit number and subclade in the Haplogroup Compare file.

Several folks who have done their testing at FGC will tend to upload the data to a third party site such as YFull (which has an internal PM system for contacting matches). Since you're R1b and R-FT410160 falls under R-P312 you also have the option of Alex Williamson's Big Tree via the Y-DNA Warehouse.

MacUalraig
09-01-2021, 03:25 PM
Hello,

Thank you!

I've done this before by just contacting Justin Loe and he arranged the contact (who responded).