PDA

View Full Version : Prosapia Genetics ( Village of Origin, 1000AD

Claxon
05-03-2014, 11:29 PM
I have placed an order at Prosapia Genetics, at The University of Sheffield, to see what Village of Origin comes up. ( sorry for misspelling Prosapia) at least I didn't write Priapia !
I am R1b-PF4363.
I bet on the following
1. Glastonbury area ( Amesbury Archer)
2.Some Island in the Baltic ( lots of Finland and Baltic in Autosomal)
3.Yorkshire ( Brough)/ Parisi
4.Hoboken, New Jersey :-)
5. exit 5, New Jersey Turnpike
6. Saskatoon Saskatchewan
7. Walla Walla Washington ( with apologies to Bing Crosby)
8. WetWang Slack, Yorkshire ( serious)

Claxon
05-03-2014, 11:59 PM
I am informed that the results will be averages of averages, with the cheaper test. The other two tests will show the origin of both parents AVERAGE ancestries.
So, on the cheaper test, if one parent is German, the other martian, the result may well be the Moon. However, the more expensive test ( $42) could be meaningful to some. Sort of like DNA Tribes on steroids.
Rich

DebbieK
05-04-2014, 12:37 AM
The company is actually called Prosapia Genetics. There have been a lot of disappointed customers. See my blog post:

http://cruwys.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/driving-in-wrong-direction-with-dodgy.html

Claxon
05-04-2014, 09:16 AM
Thanks Debbie.
Actually, one can look at things another way also. People are assuming , that in 1000 years and "34 billion ancestors" , they had not one non paternal event.
I don't think a paper trail has anything to do with this idea of geography with autosomal dna. They are apples and oranges.
One response to a question on why the GPS did not agree with a well known paper trail, the "expert" from Prosapia had discussed this with their people, and they had not one idea on why this should happen.
But, again, it is only averages of aVERAGES OF input (DNA), and then averages of averages of their 500 populations of record.
It is a shame that the U of Sheffield has aligned themselves with this silliness. That is what brought me in as a customer.

Adrian Stevenson
05-21-2014, 06:27 PM
I signed up with them as I had a few dollars sitting in my PayPal account....... Waited well over a week for nothing. After making several posts on their forum (now deleted) I got a full refund.

Cheers, Ade.

Claxon
05-25-2014, 08:26 PM
My results are in, and look VERY interesting. Lake Constance.... pretty close to U152 homeland. Matches my Lake Dweller idea.

Adrian Stevenson
05-26-2014, 08:13 AM
Glad you have got some results, especially as it ties in with what you suspected.

Cheers, Ade.