PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway to purchase 23andme kit from Turkey ?

Macir
02-12-2022, 04:06 PM
Seems like the best purchase as it gives you Y-dna / mtdna and automosal analysis for 79$ . But they dont ship their kit to Turkey ? Anyone able to do it till now, maybe there is a way.

I need to pay 159+119+59 for the same info from FTDNA.

Any suggestions ?

Liquid
02-14-2022, 01:34 AM
The only way would be to find someone you trust in Europe or America to order a kit, send it to you once they receive it, which you send to 23andme in America from Turkey, don't use the freepost label. After they analyse your result you will be able to see it online anyway.

Demis
04-07-2022, 02:46 PM
The only way would be to find someone you trust in Europe or America to order a kit, send it to you once they receive it, which you send to 23andme in America from Turkey, don't use the freepost label. After they analyse your result you will be able to see it online anyway.

Why don’t they ship to Turkey?

alienalp
04-09-2022, 11:11 PM
It seems like sequencing.com's offer is appealing considering it has 10x coverage and cheaper than 23andme/myheritage etc.. But you can't upload raw data to 23andme if it is important for you.
I did test with myheritage. Even though they won't tell you your y-dna haplogroup raw data includes snps from y-chromosome and probably with similar coverage to 23andme. Since sequencings test has 10x covarage you will most probably find way deeper subclade (y dna haplogroup). (Pardon my English :D)
If it is about relative matches. Coverage provided by myheritage/23andme etc... is enough but for checking out mutations related to health risk or rare genetic diseases for example 10x coverage obviously means lot. It will probably be almost as useful as whole genome sequencing.