PDA

View Full Version : DNA Tribes 2014

vettor
06-03-2014, 06:06 AM
DNA Tribes

Digest
June 2, 2014

However, a more puzzling geographic pattern is expressed for Daghestan-North Caucasus
components, which are found primarily in the British Isles and Scandinavia, with the largest
percentages expressed for Argyll and Bute (2.3%) and Orkney (2.3%). These enigmatic genetic links
with distant populations at the southern periphery of Eastern Europe (near the Black Sea and Eurasian
Steppe) are difficult to explain. However, one possibility is that perhaps Daghestan-North Caucasus
components reflect traces of early Thraco-Cimmerian expansions to the Balkan Peninsula, which
stimulated the development of the Hallstatt C culture in Central and Western Europe (possibly related
to early Illyrian and Celtic cultures).

Interesting comment from latest DNaTribes ...........They always bracket me with North Caucasus and scotland

Isidro
06-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Got my results the same day I ordered them...talking about fast.

I am Spaniard from North-Eastern Spain.No records of ancestors outside that area.

Continental Core:
Basque...76.1%
Dravidian South India...19.8%
Mesoamerican...2.1%
Aka-Mbuti-Hadza...2.0%
South China...0.0%

Regional 44 clusters:

Aegean-Balkan-Italian 26%
Spanish-Portuguese 25.1%
NW Europe 14.2%
Basque12.1%
Sephardic-Sicilian 7.1%
Tatar-Chuvash 6.7%
Central European 6.2%
Ashkenazi Jewish 1.6%
Finnish 0.7%
Berber-North African 0.3%

It all looks ok to me, although there is a lot of confusion with the clusters like my Sardinian component which I have had forever (lol) I mean I know I had it for many years. Sardinian is in the Aegean-Balkan-Italian cluster I am still scratching my head on that concept, will have to wait for other's results to put it in context.

The Tartar-Chuvash is also strange for me.

jeanL
06-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Looking back at their update for the 5 continental, it seems weird that they would use "Basque" for the component akin to Europeans. It seems that while the component does appear to peak in French(84.5%) and Spanish(83.7%) Basques it is found throughout Africa at low levels, and at 40-60% levels in the Middle East, in fact Sardinians having the third highest percentage, that is 79%, alongside with Finland and Estonia having the lowest, and instead having 22.7 and 23.6% South India, makes me think Basque=some sort of combination of WHG+EFF, that might be so derived in the EEF direction, that even the Basques French (11.7% South Indian) and Spanish Basques(11.8% South Indian) score some of South Indian, while still scoring the lowest amount in Europe (which in this case it's obvious is acting as a proxy for ANE in Europeans) to retain their WHG affinities.

Here is the link to their new update:

DNATribes-SNP-Admixture-2014-06-03 (http://www.dnatribes.com/dnatribes-snp-admixture-2014-06-03.pdf)

Here are some screenshots of interest, please other, feel free to add other populations:

jeanL
06-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Last figure, that I couldn't attach.

Shaikorth
06-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Got my results the same day I ordered them...talking about fast.

I am Spaniard from North-Eastern Spain.No records of ancestors outside that area.

Continental Core:
Basque...76.1%
Dravidian South India...19.8%
Mesoamerican...2.1%
Aka-Mbuti-Hadza...2.0%
South China...0.0%

Regional 44 clusters:

Aegean-Balkan-Italian 26%
Spanish-Portuguese 25.1%
NW Europe 14.2%
Basque12.1%
Sephardic-Sicilian 7.1%
Tatar-Chuvash 6.7%
Central European 6.2%
Ashkenazi Jewish 1.6%
Finnish 0.7%
Berber-North African 0.3%

It all looks ok to me, although there is a lot of confusion with the clusters like my Sardinian component which I have had forever (lol) I mean I know I had it for many years. Sardinian is in the Aegean-Balkan-Italian cluster I am still scratching my head on that concept, will have to wait for other's results to put it in context.

The Tartar-Chuvash is also strange for me.

I looked at their population averages, and it seems that Tatar-Chuvash is just an "unstable" European component. Tatars themselves have less than 10% of it.

In the "5-continental core" averages Tatars have 10% "South Chinese" which is pretty much as pure East Asian component as it gets (peaks in She at 97,5%), and you don't have any of that. In the 44-cluster run Tatars have over 10% combined West Siberian, Yeniseian and Buryat-Mongol components and 9% other clearly not West or Central Eurasian components, it's safe to say the 10% South Chinese is mostly there and not in the Tatar-Chuvash component.

Siberians like Nganassans are over 60% South Chinese. Mesoamerican in Europeans probably has to do with ANE, all North and East Europeans get 4%-8%.

Argyll and Bute Scottish Highlands
Aka-Mbuti-Hadza 2.4%
Basque 71.3%
South Indian 20.2%
South Chinese 0.0%
Mesoamerican 6.2%

Vologda Northern Russia
Aka-Mbuti-Hadza 2.0%
Basque 63.3%
South Indian 23.8%
South Chinese 2.7%
Mesoamerican 8.2%

Tatar Russia
Aka-Mbuti-Hadza 2.0%
Basque 54.3%
South Indian 24.4%
South Chinese 10.0%
Mesoamerican 9.3%

Edit.
Many populations get Basque because it's a mixture of WHG, EEF and Basal Eurasian and thus closest to "generic West Eurasian" among the components, second closest would be South Indian.

Luis
06-07-2014, 10:34 PM
So does that mean that if a person who does not have any Chinese/Asian ancestry at all gets 3.0% South Chinese, this person may have some Northern Russia/Tatar or Eastern Euro ancestry? What do Finns get? They probably get Mesoamerican, do they also score any South Chinese?

Mehrdad
06-07-2014, 11:33 PM
Why so high Dravidian affinity in European populations? What I'm getting out of this is that for the Chinese and other populations closely related to them, they drifted much earlier than Europeans and South Asians.

cyna
06-08-2014, 03:22 AM
I got the updates for my 23andme profile and my Ancestry profile. I will post the two in two different posts.

cyna
06-08-2014, 03:22 AM
23andme:

REGIONAL CLUSTER

West African - 37.9%
NW Europe - 18.5%
Bantu-Southern African - 10.0%
Red Sea Yemen-Egypt - 9.1%
Malay-Southeast Asian - 6.1%
Horn of Africa - 3.3%
Tatar-Chuvash - 2.9%
Lebanese-Cyprus East Mediterranean - 2.7%
Daghestan-North Caucasus - 2.6%
Spanish-Portuguese - 2.6%
Japan-North China - 2.2%
West Siberian - 1.0%
Aegean-Balkan-Italian - 0.5%
Mesoamerican - 0.5%
Greenland - 0.2%
Buryat-Mongol - 0.1%
Omotic-Ari Ethiopia - 0.1%
Ashkenazi Jewish - 0.0%

POPULATION ADMIXTURE (NATIVE & DIASPORA):

Yoruba Nigeria - 30.5%
Ireland - 29.5%
Nguni South Africa - 12.9%
Jewish Yemen - 12.9%
Iban Borneo - 6.1%
Igbo Nigeria - 3.4%
Tigray Ethiopia - 2.7%
Brong - 1.2%
Dargin Urkarah Dagestan - 0.7%
Hezhen China - 0.2%

cyna
06-08-2014, 03:23 AM
Ancestry:

REGIONAL CLUSTER

West African - 37.0%
NW Europe - 18.2%
Bantu-Southern African - 10.9%
Red Sea Yemen-Egypt - 7.6%
Malay-Southeast Asian - 6.7%
Lebanese-Cyprus East Mediterranean - 3.8%
Tatar-Chuvash - 3.4%
Spanish-Portuguese - 3.0%
Horn of Africa - 2.9%
Daghestan-North Caucasus - 2.4%
Japan-North China - 1.6%
West Siberian - 0.9%
Mesoamerican - 0.8%
Aegean-Balkan-Italian - 0.6%
Ashkenazi Jewish - 0.3%

POPULATION ADMIXTURE (NATIVE & DIASPORA):

Ireland - 29.5%
Igbo Nigeria - 17.5%
Nguni South Africa - 14.0%
Brong - 11.9%
Jewish Yemen - 11.1%
Iban Borneo - 7.0%
Yoruba Nigeria - 5.1%
Tigray Ethiopia - 2.3%
Palestinian Israel - 1.0%
Dargin Urkarah Dagestan - 0.7%

cyna
06-08-2014, 03:24 AM
Not sure these results are any good? And since DNA Tribes only tests "tens of thousands" of SNPs, I question the resolution.

Shaikorth
06-08-2014, 05:53 AM
Why so high Dravidian affinity in European populations? What I'm getting out of this is that for the Chinese and other populations closely related to them, they drifted much earlier than Europeans and South Asians.

The "South Indian" fit must act as a proxy for WHG/ANE ancestry. It peaks in North and East Europeans, I think Northeast Ukrainians have the highest average in those regions at 25.2%. All Europeans seem to average over 1% Aka-Mbuti, it's more "diverse" than the other clusters so some variation that doesn't fit in other clusters probably goes there. It's unlikely that Scots or North Russians would be more SSA or Basal Eurasian than Basques but the do have slightly higher Mbuti averages than them.

I got
Aka-Mbuti-Hadza 3.1%
Basque 65.1%
South Indian 25.1%
South Chinese 0.0%
Mesoamerican 6.7%

Luis, jeanL posted the population averages earlier. Tatars and Chuvash stand out with 10% or more South Chinese. Mesoamerican doesn't grow in the same proportion, it's about equal to their South Chinese, and in real Siberians or Kazakhs and Mongols South Chinese would be much higher than Mesoamerican. Finnish averages for South Chinese and Mesoamerican (1.9% and 8.1%) are close to Vologda Russians (2.7% and 8.2%).

Luis
06-08-2014, 08:07 AM
The "South Indian" fit must act as a proxy for WHG/ANE ancestry. It peaks in North and East Europeans, I think Northeast Ukrainians have the highest average in those regions at 25.2%. All Europeans seem to average over 1% Aka-Mbuti, it's more "diverse" than the other clusters so some variation that doesn't fit in other clusters probably goes there. It's unlikely that Scots or North Russians would be more SSA or Basal Eurasian than Basques but the do have slightly higher Mbuti averages than them.

I got
Aka-Mbuti-Hadza 3.1%
Basque 65.1%
South Indian 25.1%
South Chinese 0.0%
Mesoamerican 6.7%

Luis, jeanL posted the population averages earlier. Tatars and Chuvash stand out with 10% or more South Chinese. Mesoamerican doesn't grow in the same proportion, it's about equal to their South Chinese, and in real Siberians or Kazakhs and Mongols South Chinese would be much higher than Mesoamerican. Finnish averages for South Chinese and Mesoamerican (1.9% and 8.1%) are close to Vologda Russians (2.7% and 8.2%).

Shaikorth, thanks for the information. Regarding this South Chinese component, I just saw an African-American guy who posted his results and he got 3.8% South China, how is that possible and what does it mean, if anything?

Shaikorth
06-08-2014, 08:55 AM
Shaikorth, thanks for the information. Regarding this South Chinese component, I just saw an African-American guy who posted his results and he got 3.8% South China, how is that possible and what does it mean, if anything?

For Aframs it probably doesn't mean the same things it does for Eurasians. Because DNAtribes' African cluster is centered on Mbuti, only Mbuti will get 100% (but not Aka or Hadza, the name is a bit misleading) of it according to population averages, and only African hunter-gatherers get over 90% of it in general. Most Africans aren't actually that similar to Mbuti, and their extra variation (which is still higher than in Eurasians) goes to other components. Mandenka for example average 78,3% of the Mbuti cluster (all Bantus are 78-84%), and the rest is in various "Eurasian" components, including 3% South Chinese. This is mostly just the algorithm placing non-Mbuti African variation elsewhere.

I think it's similar to how Eurasian ancestry that doesn't quite fit into the four Eurasian clusters gets dumped into Mbuti. There are no European populations with average Mbuti score less than 1.2%.

Luis
06-10-2014, 06:07 AM
Thank you, Shaikorth. DNA Tribes just seems more complicated this time, needing more of an explanation in order to understand their results.

Sein
06-12-2014, 04:11 AM
I like the combined population fits. My top result:

Burusho=71.2%
Brahui=14%
Baloch=12.8
Lithuanian=2%

The final iterative combined fit is very interesting. I personally think it's accurate.

Turkmen=45%
Kalash=26%
Gujarat=24%
Lithuanian=6%

Shaikorth
06-12-2014, 01:51 PM
I like the combined population fits. My top result:

Burusho=71.2%
Brahui=14%
Baloch=12.8
Lithuanian=2%

The final iterative combined fit is very interesting. I personally think it's accurate.

Turkmen=45%
Kalash=26%
Gujarat=24%
Lithuanian=6%

Burushos have the second highest Mesoamerican (5,2%) among their South Asian population averages, (http://dnatribes.com/dnatribes-snp-admixture-2014-06-03.pdf) after Uttaranchal Brahmins who have a lot more South Chinese (25,2% vs 6,2% in Burushos). If I remember correctly, Burushos were also closest South Asians to MA-1 in Eurogenes' IBS test.

adamddang
08-02-2014, 07:34 PM
hello all my dna
tribes results

Basque 69.1%
Dravidian South India 24.9%
Aka-Mbuti-Hadza 4.1%
Mesoamerican 1.8%
South China 0.0%

Regional Cluster Percentage
Sephardic-Sicilian 20.9%
Ashkenazi Jewish 15.4%
Aegean-Balkan-Italian 15.0%
Balto-Slavic 11.8%
Lebanese-Cyprus East Mediterranean 10.8%
Mideastern Jewish 7.2%
Red Sea Yemen-Egypt 4.5%
Azeri-Kurdish-Persian-Turkey 4.4%
Daghestan-North Caucasus 2.9%
Spanish-Portuguese 2.9%
Berber-North African 2.2%
Bedouin-Gulf Arabs 1.2%
Central European 0.9%

the big question can i count on this company
or are they a joke?
one of the experts here can help why i dont have eastern european
in my origins map
and acording to dna tribe which use the same ftdna raw data all of a sudden i am 11% balto slavic
some one is wrong but which company?

Erik
09-04-2014, 08:03 PM
hello all my dna
tribes results

Basque 69.1%
Dravidian South India 24.9%
Aka-Mbuti-Hadza 4.1%
Mesoamerican 1.8%
South China 0.0%

Regional Cluster Percentage
Sephardic-Sicilian 20.9%
Ashkenazi Jewish 15.4%
Aegean-Balkan-Italian 15.0%
Balto-Slavic 11.8%
Lebanese-Cyprus East Mediterranean 10.8%
Mideastern Jewish 7.2%
Red Sea Yemen-Egypt 4.5%
Azeri-Kurdish-Persian-Turkey 4.4%
Daghestan-North Caucasus 2.9%
Spanish-Portuguese 2.9%
Berber-North African 2.2%
Bedouin-Gulf Arabs 1.2%
Central European 0.9%

the big question can i count on this company
or are they a joke?
one of the experts here can help why i dont have eastern european
in my origins map
and acording to dna tribe which use the same ftdna raw data all of a sudden i am 11% balto slavic
some one is wrong but which company?
Sorry for the late reply, but yeah DNAtribes is pretty terrible.