PDA

View Full Version : chromo2 raw mtDNA results file. How can one use this data for comparisons with others

urbanomad64
07-18-2014, 01:43 PM
I am writing as I am looking for a way to use the data from the chromo2 mtDNA test that I received via email from britainsdna in xlsx format. Is there a way to convert this data to a usable format, i.e., mitosearch, for comparison with others?

I am attaching the file here.

Example:

This is your raw data for all Chromo2 mtDNA SNPs, insertions (ins) and deletions (d). Fields are TAB-separated and each line corresponds to a single marker In each line you will find the mtDNA position or range of marker and your genotype, which has been called to the Illumina FORWARD strand, which is the same strand as used by phylotree. The Illumina software used to call alleles is designed for autosomal markers which come in two copies. Hence when AA, CC, GG or TT are given, it means A, C, G or T, respectively. For insertions (ins) the result II means you carry the insertion, and DD means you do not. Similarly for deletions (d), the result DD means you carry the deletion, and II means you do not.

mtDNA_marker
genotype

mt10
TT

mt16
AA

mt26
CC

mt41
CC