PDA

View Full Version : Proto-Indo-European admixture

Orobicus
07-28-2014, 10:09 PM
Hello, which is the most indicated admixture (calculated with Gedmatch) to know more about the PIE ancestry of an individual?
Thanks.

Orobicus
07-29-2014, 09:46 AM
Anyone please?

rokousa
07-31-2014, 10:30 AM
North Indian ancestors are genetically closer to Northern European ancestry than to Chinese and Mexicans. These findings suggest that the North Indian ancestors remained in close contact with Northern European ancestors until about 10kya, but received some historic admixture component from East Asian populations, part of which is old enough to have occurred before the split of Mexicans.
Schiffels 2014-Inferring human population size and separation history from multiple genome sequences

Generalissimo
07-31-2014, 11:23 AM
North Indian ancestors are genetically closer to Northern European ancestry than to Chinese and Mexicans. These findings suggest that the North Indian ancestors remained in close contact with Northern European ancestors until about 10kya, but received some historic admixture component from East Asian populations, part of which is old enough to have occurred before the split of Mexicans.
Schiffels 2014-Inferring human population size and separation history from multiple genome sequences

Papers like these shouldn't be published. They're essentially reporting on events from an alternate reality.

alan
07-31-2014, 11:51 AM
I found your Polish Genes blog on AG2 interesting. I would still have doubts about ancient European admixture rather than contamination simply due to the lack of evidence of movement into that area of Siberia from Europe at that times and indeed if microblade technology appearing in NE Europe is evidence of the reverse movement west it seems to date significant later than AG2. I could be wrong but I suspect contamination is at play but I see your logic that there is a lack of Med. that you would expect from modern contamination by Europeans.

Papers like these shouldn't be published. They're essentially reporting on events from an alternate reality.

rokousa
07-31-2014, 01:42 PM
what is wrong with this paper?...
In sum, a combination of selective pressures associated with living in northern latitudes, the adoption of an agriculturalist diet, and assortative mating may sufficiently explain the observed change from a darker phenotype during the Eneolithic/Early Bronze age to a generally lighter one in modern Eastern Europeans, although other selective factors cannot be discounted. The selection coefficients inferred directly from serially sampled data at these pigmentation loci range from 2 to 10% and are among the strongest signals of recent selection in humans.
Wilde 2014-Direct evidence for positive selection of skin, hair, and eye pigmentation in Europeans during the last 5,000 y

what about this paper?

Orobicus
07-31-2014, 04:14 PM
Maybe the ANE admixture is the most indicative?

DMXX
07-31-2014, 07:27 PM
There are no GEDmatch calculators which cater to your request.

The only admixture calculator I am aware of that incorporates anything relating to ancient DNA (aDNA) are those created by Polako/Davidski. Even then, we do not have any genome-wide aDNA from remains that are definitively linked to Yamnaya.

ANE has been implicated in the spread of the Indo-Europeans and that rather lengthy discussion can be found here (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?2551-Experimentation-with-TreeMix-Software). Granted, it's a thorough read, but an illuminating one which should hopefully help you determine for yourself the extent to which ANE in modern populations is tied with the PIE's.

Closing thread given the absence of a PIE admixture calculator and the answer provided in this post.